Just bought a PS3, and I want to know what are some games to get.

One51

CAGiversary!
Just got a PS3 yesterday with Heavenly Sword. I'm gonna buy Folklore Friday. What are some other exclusives that a good. I have a 360 so most of the good multiplats I already have.

Suggestions?

Heavenly Sword is really good but pretty short. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is well worth getting if you don't already have it on XBox (although if you're a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden, then it's still worth it)

Nothing. At least that's how it is for me. I only got a ps3 because I got it for $350. I can wait until next year for games though.

get ninja gaiden sigma, dont get resistance, just wait for the price to drop its almost been a year since its been out.

wait for haze in november, get oblivion if u like the series its only $30.

Um... uh... did you get a 20 gig or a 60 gig? It makes for a great PS2 replacement. I haven't touched my PS2 since I got my PS3 in August, and I've played a lot more PS2 games since I got it.

DiRT!!! It has a learning curve but once you get a hang of the controls, its a very good racer!!!

[quote name='Chuplayer']Um... uh... did you get a 20 gig or a 60 gig? It makes for a great PS2 replacement. I haven't touched my PS2 since I got my PS3 in August, and I've played a lot more PS2 games since I got it.[/quote]
60gb, but its got the backwards compatability. I actually started playin some older PS1 RPGs again. I might go buy that $15 card reader for my old memory cards.

I ordered Resistance for $30. I figure even with a price drop they'll just cut it to $40.

What's Warhawk about? Thats the multi only game right? FPS? Im not a Ninja Gaiden got, but I might scoop up Sigma. See what its all about.

All I know is the store I bought it from the clerk said you might get bored of it, but dont resell it, because its going to be getting some bigger games soon. SO I plan on waiting. I really just wanted to get the system before it lost BC completely.

DiRT. That's the new Colin McRae game rght? How is it compared to the older ones?

help1 thanks for not helping. You're the best. I bought it cause I wanted to get a BluRay player and this was still the cheapest I've seen. I knew some games were good, just wanna see what other people's opinions are.

Thanks guys.

Sigma is a great game to play if you enjoy challenging action games, it has a steep learning curve though.

Warhawk is a really fun third person multiplayer, all the fighting between foot/tank/plane are pretty even.

I enjoyed the hell of oblivion, its a must play if you never had it.

But for the most part all the great games are going to come out in in a few months or so, at least its still a kick ass blu ray player.

I would just say get sigma at the moment. Wait for Uncharted and Rachet. I would wait for a price drop on folklore considering the reviews have been all over the place.

Motorstorm is mad fucking fun man. Folklore looks like it's going to be a charmer and I'm personally holding out for Oblivion: GOTY.

IF the TRU sale goes through then I'm going to get folklore/warhawk/oblivion and then snatch up motorstorm when it drops in price.

Just download every demo that looks interesting and try it out.

[quote name='vghc']DiRT!!! It has a learning curve but once you get a hang of the controls, its a very good racer!!![/quote]

Glad someone else is pimpin DiRT. That game is mad fun

So, if you HAD to pick one of these games, what would you pick:
- Heavenly Sword
- Lair
- Warhawk

Also, MLB 07 is THE game to get for the PS3 (if you enjoy sports games).

I'd get Warhawk but thats because I love online insanity. Lair is shit (do not fight me on this) and Heavenly Sword is just way too short for me to justify $60 on.

Lair gets a bad reputation, and I agree to some extent with the developers who think that, by and large, reviewers didn't "get" the controls. They do work, more or less, without much of a learning curve.

That said, it is a stark omission that they did not allow those who don't like sixaxis to switch to analog control. Rent Lair and give it a try, but don't buy it blind, and don't write it off completely. It deserves to be played.

I own Motorstorm, Resistance and Warhawk (physical discs) and I'm impressed by all of them.

Warhawk is a great online battle. If you can get past a few glitches it's just amazing 3rd person action. I play it almost daily.

Resistance is a great FPS also. There's still people who play online and the single player mode is also pretty immersive. I picked mine up for $28 so I'm sure you can get it for less now.

Motorstorm is fun. Not $60 fun, but it's good offroad action. I got mine for $31 and I'd say it was worth it. If you get bored of the singleplayer there's still quite of few people who play online.

[quote name='mykevermin']Look up, sweetheart.[/quote]

Well I am thinking of picking up Heavenly Sword, I did buy Resistance but I traded it in, I liked it but I didn't like how many times I die and would have to go so far back after I died. I will pick up Motorstorm when the price drops.

bread's done
Back