Just bought the wife a DS...will need some game recommendations soon!

chickenhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
162 (100%)
OK, I just bought my wife a DS with Trauma Center for Christmas (was able to get it at Target for $100 - 10% off so I couldn't pass it up for her). When I asked her a long time ago if she would want it if I could get it cheap, she kinda hemmed and hawed - she doesn't like spending money and said, she didn't NEED it. I know she'll love it for Trauma Center and she never spends $$$ on herself for fun things like this. Anyway, when I give it to her I want to have some more games as reason she'll like the system so give me some recommendations.

She loves puzzle games and she got into the Sims for a little while but evetually got bored with it cause it took the "people" too long to do anything. I am thinking she might like Animal Crossing DS too.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lame topic.

my gf was the same way with the urbz...it was fun at first but then gave up on it. then i got her nintendogs and she loved that game. thats all she played on her DS. I tried to get her into trace memory since she said she's into games thats not about skills but more on mystery stuff----but she only played trace for 2 hours. she was happy with nintendogs all throughout until---Mario Kart DS!!!. Now all she plays is the Mario Kart DS, and everytime she lose on the wi fi challenge, it motivates her to practice and play online again.

I love Meteos, Kirby, Mario Kart, Nintendogs... Sonic Rush looks great and Animal Crossing will be fun. I think she'd like any of those.

Meteos--fun, addictive puzzle game.

Nintendogs is a possibility as well, although it expects you to play short, frequent sessions.

Mario Kart is also easy to get into and can be fun for just about any type of gamer/non-gamer as well.

I'd recommend Animal Crossing. All the girls I've put in front of it, even those that never touch games, love it.

And hell if she doesn't like it, it'll prolly be fun with the online functions. At the worst it's fun to play about 30 minutes a day, kinda like reading the news or checking CaG.

[quote name='chickenhawk']OK, I just bought my wife a DS with Trauma Center for Christmas (was able to get it at Target for $100 - 10% off so I couldn't pass it up for her). When I asked her a long time ago if she would want it if I could get it cheap, she kinda hemmed and hawed - she doesn't like spending money and said, she didn't NEED it. I know she'll love it for Trauma Center and she never spends $$$ on herself for fun things like this. Anyway, when I give it to her I want to have some more games as reason she'll like the system so give me some recommendations.

She loves puzzle games and she got into the Sims for a little while but evetually got bored with it cause it took the "people" too long to do anything. I am thinking she might like Animal Crossing DS too.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lame topic.[/QUOTE]

Did you just say your wife DOESN'T like spend money?! I've never heard that one before! Anyways, if she likes puzzle games get her that Meteos game. I've heard real good things about it. Is she a dog or a cat person? Maybe she would like Nintendogs too?

I think the following are good:
Puyo Pop Fever: Puzzle game, fun single player or multiplayer
Meteos: Great puzzle game, probably the best on the DS
Zoo Keeper: This is the puzzle game I got addicted to, I can't put it down.
Nintendogs: A grest sim game.
Animal Crossing: This will be better than the original.
Mario Kart: Many non-gamers get addicted to Mario Kart and Mario Kart DS is no different.

[quote name='cgpwns']Did you just say your wife DOESN'T like spend money?! I've never heard that one before! Anyways, if she likes puzzle games get her that Meteos game. I've heard real good things about it. Is she a dog or a cat person? Maybe she would like Nintendogs too?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, you read that right. She is not a spender at all which sucks because I am a spender (video games, art, DVDs and music). She is a cat person moreso than dogs, but I think Nintendogs is a possibility. She really got into Neopets a long time ago and that is kinda the same concept isn't it?

Thanks for all of the recommendations so far! I forgot to mention that she not exactly a gamer, but she does like games. We played through both Dark Alliances in the PS2 in co-op mode and she likes alot of the puzzle games as I mentioned.

Zoo Keeper is a winner with almost any female I have put it in front of.. My wife, Grandma, Mother, and even my little sister, Aunt etc.

Plus zoo keeper is fun for almost any player...

Animal crossing was a hit on the GC

Phoenix wright seems to be a hit

Surprisingly Mario Kart has went over pretty well with my wife as well as a freinds wife.

Nintendogs was NOT something she got into.. I dont know if the timing was bad or what?

Trace Memory was also one my wife got addicted to until i was beat.

FYI.

My g/f just started to play Feel The Magic XY/XX last night and loves it. I think because she like using the touch screen. I got mine from TRU for $10.

[quote name='Aleryn']I'd recommend Animal Crossing. All the girls I've put in front of it, even those that never touch games, love it.

And hell if she doesn't like it, it'll prolly be fun with the online functions. At the worst it's fun to play about 30 minutes a day, kinda like reading the news or checking CaG.[/QUOTE]
Oh shit, we're only supposed to check CAG 30 minutes a day? I screwed that up.

My girlfriend loves Mario & Luigi, but shes more of a gamer as I am, in to actual games and not just novelty girl crap. Still, the humour appeals to her, maybe you could try that too.

bread's done
Back