Just Cause 2 PC $34.99 + FS Newegg.com

Very on the fence about this one but a great price for a brand new game. Just not sure I would enjoy it as much on the PC.

I enjoy this a lot on the pc. I do have the 360 controller and wireless receiver which I think makes the controls easier.

I've been playing the demo and it works great with KB/mouse. Runs very well on my machine (E8500 O/C 3.7ghz, 8gb DDR2, 8800GT 512mb SLI, Vistax64) with everything on and Hi-Res shadows off @ 1680x1050.

Well dang! I just built a new PC and then all these sales on PC games I want come cascading in. I've got to pass on this one, as I just dropped 36 on Bad Company 2 yesterday.

Thanks op.
Great deal for pc version but I brought 360 version for $34.99 on launch day.
Does pc version support achievements?

I've been playing the hell out of the demo with my 360 controller, but I'll have to wait until it drops to around 20. I have WAY too many games to play right now. It runs really good on my rig too.

radioactive, yea, I agree. Too bad people will still cling to XP like they did to Win98.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']And the drawbacks of sitting on XP continue to mount...[/QUOTE]

I know. I'll probably upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit in the next few months.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Note that you can add this to Steam.[/QUOTE]
Like register the key into steam and install via steam? If that's confirmed, I may have to jump on this.

I have to have all my pc games on steam these days, unless they are MMOs.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Like register the key into steam and install via steam? If that's confirmed, I may have to jump on this.

I have to have all my pc games on steam these days, unless they are MMOs.[/QUOTE]

Its DRM is Steamworks, so yes you can register the game to your Steam account.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Like register the key into steam and install via steam? If that's confirmed, I may have to jump on this.[/QUOTE]

The game will tie into your Steam account so you can download it in its entirety or install it from the CD to save some bandwidth. I love games that do this and think every retail PC release should come on a CD/DVD but be tied to a Steam account.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned before, this game is DX10 only. So If you're running WinXP like I am, don't get stuck out on a limb buying it.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Like register the key into steam and install via steam? If that's confirmed, I may have to jump on this.

I have to have all my pc games on steam these days, unless they are MMOs.[/QUOTE]

Here's the list of registrable games if you want proof: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

I was originally on the fence about this, but now that I know about the steam activation it becomes incredibly more tempting.

[quote name='Hudson187']JC2 PC supports Steam Achievements:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that any PC retail version from any store will support steam achievements and cloud support? I was waiting to buy the Steam version cause I thought only it would have these features. Sure registering it is nice, but those 2 features is why I'm waiting for the price to drop for the steam version.

[quote name='boneless']Does this mean that any PC retail version from any store will support steam achievements and cloud support? I was waiting to buy the Steam version cause I thought only it would have these features. Sure registering it is nice, but those 2 features is why I'm waiting for the price to drop for the steam version.[/QUOTE]

Yep. When you register a game with Steam, you get all the associated steam benefits (some games don't have achievements or cloud support though).

[quote name='Chixdiggit']Very interesting. How does it work with used games? Say I get a game off Goozex or something, can I still register that?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't work. The CD key is a one time use thing. Once you register a game with steam, it's there forever. Can't sell it. Sucks I know, but that's how it works.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']

Wouldn't work. The CD key is a one time use thing. Once you register a game with steam, it's there forever. Can't sell it. Sucks I know, but that's how it works.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

My dvd drive broke on my pc and I don't want to drop 30 dollars on a new one, think I'll wait out til some weekend steam deal or christmas deal. Loved the demo.

[quote name='___Vizion___']My dvd drive broke on my pc and I don't want to drop 30 dollars on a new one, think I'll wait out til some weekend steam deal or christmas deal. Loved the demo.[/QUOTE]

Since the game is registrable on steam, you can buy the disk, grab the cd key off the packaging, plug that into steam, then download. You don't have to install it off the disk, but it is an option.

bread's done
Back