Just Cause 2 PC DD - 9.99 @ Gamestop.com (registers on Steam)

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey All,

Just noticed this deal @ Deals4Downloads.com. Why is it worth your time?

'Cause you can use a grappling hook, attach a person to a Tuk-Tuk, and drive off a cliff...what else do you need? OK, well it's a beautiful game with a huge open world to fuck around in. Seems to scale OK too, my PC is average at best and can pull an average of over 50 FPS @ 1920*1080. Also you can register the serial number on Steam!

2 Long of a post? Fine, here's your link - Gamestop - $9.99

[quote name='Meatyflakes']Hey All,

Just noticed this deal @ Deals4Downloads.com. Why is it worth your time?

'Cause you can use a grappling hook, attach a person to a Tuk-Tuk, and drive off a cliff...what else do you need? OK, well it's a beautiful game with a huge open world to fuck around in. Seems to scale OK too, my PC is average at best and can pull an average of over 50 FPS @ 1920*1080. Also you can register the serial number on Steam!

2 Long of a post? Fine, here's your link - Gamestop - $9.99[/QUOTE]

What exactly is your average at best PC specs? Yeah, too long of a post. :lol: Might be in for one with a nearly useless Gamestop giftcard.

This game is gangsta. I HATED the first. This is one helluva an update. The is so much to see and do in this game.

[quote name='Meatyflakes']lol..why not 'eh?

PC specs :
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor
4 GB of Ram
Radeon Sapphire 5850 (1 gig)
Windows 7[/QUOTE]

Your specs are identical to mine but you got a better graphics card I think.
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @3ghz
8 GB of Ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512mb
Win 7 64bit

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Your specs are identical to mine but you got a better graphics card I think.
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @3ghz
8 GB of Ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512mb
Win 7 64bit[/QUOTE]

I'd think it'd run fine, but I by no means am a PC expert (at all). My advice would be grab the demo off of Steam, and run it in to the ground!

[quote name='Meatyflakes']I'd think it'd run fine, but I by no means am a PC expert (at all). My advice would be grab the demo off of Steam, and run it in to the ground![/QUOTE]

Does it have native Xbox 360 pad support? Never bought digital download before from Gamestop. Do they force you to use a downloader or can you just download within web brawser?

Edit: Looks like they won't allow the use of Gamestop giftcards on their digital download site. Oh well, Amazon has it for the same price. http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-4...SGUA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1305846415&sr=8-4

strongly recommend some of the mods, as they make the mid, end and postgame much, much better
http://www.justcause2mods.com/
the grapple extender alone prevents tedium from setting in later.
I would suggest playing the game normally, and once you are 5-10 hours in (or feel bored), check out the mods. Almost all of them will be compatible with existing saves (and are easy to install).

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Does it have native Xbox 360 pad support? Never bought digital download before from Gamestop. Do they force you to use a downloader or can you just download within web brawser?[/QUOTE]

In regards to the 360 controller, definitely. I've been using a MadCatz myself (couldn't bring myself to pay the same for a wired 360 controller vs a wireless one...hah)

No clue about how Gamestop's download service works tho...

I've been enjoying the PC version of this quite a bit. And forget what everyone says about 'best looking pc game'... imo this is it.

[quote name='Tsukento']The GetGames one *requires* Steam, apparently.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, EVERY version of Just Cause 2 PC requires Steam.

[quote name='Tsukento']I would totally jump on this if only it supported Windows XP.[/QUOTE]

JC2 PC requires DX10 (Vista and above).

[quote name='houdinilogic']looks like 2/3 of these deals are dead... shows up at $19.99 from GS and $15.37 from amazon for me.[/QUOTE]

but the cheapest one is still alive. that's all it matters to cheapassgamers. :)

[quote name='nflsonic']Can anyone vouch for this site? Debating about picking it up from here, but I've never heard of them before. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I ain't tried it nor used it before.
I think Eurogamer owns it, but I'm not 100% sure on that...

Does this really require a 2.6ghz dual core processor?

I haven't bought any newer games recently but certainly stuff that's come out since this that didn't require even close to that.

Let me know if anyone is running it on a slower processor(specifically , i have a 2.2ghz core2duo)

edit: google helped.

2.6ghz c2d is "recommended". minimum is any dual core processor with sse3.

Just purchased from the europeon site.. no problems. And it does indeed say it's owned by Eurogamer..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']I ain't tried it nor used it before.
I think Eurogamer owns it, but I'm not 100% sure on that...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the find. Thats tempting and they accept Paypal.

[quote name='Abeja']Thanks for the find. Thats tempting and they accept Paypal.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't let me use paypal, but got it with a card with no issues.

[quote name='pjb16']Wouldn't let me use paypal, but got it with a card with no issues.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a bit surprised they wouldn't take Paypal, but decided to give them a try with a card. No issues and got my Steam key immediately, which the game is currently installing.

OP: You may want to edit this thread to include the getgamesgo.com deal for $7.49.

bread's done
Back