Just got a 75 dollar gift card to best buy, what DVDs should I buy?

If you are looking at getting anime, get everything by Satoshi Kon. Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, and Tokyo Godfathers. While they aren't a complete series, I have found that many anime movies hold up a lot better than series.

Sing us a song, you're the-... oh, right, the topic.

The Footloose CE just came out, I highly reccomend the film and the disc is only 10 bucks.

If they have any left, and they should, you might be able to get UHF for less than 10. If you don't know what it is, just buy it. It's one of the funniest movies ever made. It stars and was written by comic genius "Weird Al" Yankovic. And the disc is absolutely the best mainstream deal you will ever find. It's almost as jam-packed a 1-disc set as T2 Ultimate.

Then you can get The Evil Dead Book of the Dead Edition, which is the best Special Edition of the movie (which is amazing) in the best packaging you will ever find. It comes packaged in a replica of the Book of the Dead from the movie, with original artwork and a booklet about the movie's journey through different home video formats. This edition is rather steep, though. It ranges from 30 at the good stores to 60 at places like Fye.

If music and hilarity are your things, we're back to Weird Al. You can pick up the Ultimate Collection of all his videos ranging almost 25 years, for 15 bucks. It also has some really nice extras.

If you need more ideas on horror flicks, I'm your man, just PM me. Hope I've helped.

Get Without a Trace on DVD. That along w/ CSI (also on DVD) is the best drama on TV. Simpsons seasons 1-4 are also a good bet

[quote name='pianoman3284']I agree with Arrested Development. Probably the best show on TV today.[/quote]

I third this. Best show new comedy on TV in quite some time... Probably one of the top 5 shows on TV today...

[quote name='Tromack']If you are looking at getting anime, get everything by Satoshi Kon. Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, and Tokyo Godfathers. While they aren't a complete series, I have found that many anime movies hold up a lot better than series.[/quote]

SECOND!

Best fucking anime ever. (apart from Evangelion :D ))

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']ummmmmmmmmmwhy has noone said seinfeld????? buy the first 3 seasons for under 75.........THEN get UHF[/quote]

I will agree with PDS on this one.

Buy Jem Seasons 1, 2 and 3...It's Truly Truly Truly Outrageous! Yeee

Nah, seriously get Freaks and Geeks. Goddamn I love that show!

im getting those seinfeld dvds anyways, this gift card is just like extra, im gonna buy those four gundam 8th ms teams

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']ummmmmmmmmmwhy has noone said seinfeld????? buy the first 3 seasons for under 75.........THEN get UHF[/quote]

I just ordered the Seinfeld collector's set tonight and it is 79.99 for everything. Ended up being about 86 dollars after tax and shipping, but, oh well, still a great deal.

Not under 75, but, close enough. :p

I also second UHF, get Kaiju Big Battel: Terebi Sento as well. :D

It's like 10 dollars and is a blast to watch.

[quote name='gamefreak']Pulp Fiction is nice.[/quote]

Pulp Fiction is probably the best Tarantino movie. Buy that. fucking awesome movie.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='gamefreak']Pulp Fiction is nice.[/quote]

Pulp Fiction is probably the best Tarantino movie. Buy that. shaq-fuing awesome movie.[/quote]

I like Kill Bill better...

Dawn of the Dead, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Saved!, a few others..

But my god, how is that possible, regarding the Nirvana box set? I have like over 400 Nirvana MP3's, and that thing STILL has songs that I haven't heard.. not many, though. IGN said a 1994 Cobain solo acoustic session would be on it, which I wasn't aware ever happened, and which I also don't see on that list.

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='gamefreak']Pulp Fiction is nice.[/quote]

Pulp Fiction is probably the best Tarantino movie. Buy that. shaq-fuing awesome movie.[/quote]

I like Kill Bill better...[/quote]

I like every Tarantino film I still gotta see Jackie Brown. Kill Bill Vol. 2 is right behind Pulp Fiction in my book.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='gamefreak']Pulp Fiction is nice.[/quote]

I agree. I just watched it last night. I think everyone should have a copy in their DVD collection.

ha i went to best buy and they didnt have what i wanted, so i used the card to get midway arcade treasures 2 and godzilla save the earth, ill order those 4 gundam dvds off the best buy site instead.

bread's done
Back