just got a chargeback on one of my auctions

shadylane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
hey guys i don't know what to do in this situation. I did get signature confirmation with tracking and insurance. This guy hasn't even contacted me about the items.

what does the DC show, does it show it was delivered/and or signed for?

Give the number to paypal, in the disupute console

if that's what you mean by chargeback

As I was saying, it depends on what the Tracking Info shows,

was the dispute for item not received? Item not as described?

If it's INR, and the TN shows delivered, then you SHOULD be in the clear

fuck just realize that my mother only got insurance and that the post office guy convince her that is all she needed to track the information. what do i do now? i'm about to lost 540 dollars

[quote name='shadylane']fuck just realize that my mother only got insurance and that the post office guy convince her that is all she needed to track the information. what do i do now? i'm about to lost 540 dollars[/QUOTE]

If you haven't transferred that to your bank account then you're SOL.

In the future, always transfer your money before sending the stuff.

Has it been less than a week since they paid? If so, send an empty package to the address with a DC Number so you can submit that to Paypal once it is delivered.

if it was insured for over $200 the Post Office is required to get a signature. So go to your local post office and get a form to get a copy of the signature data. Once you have that data you can scan it and give it to paypal to dispute it.

Things like this occurring are why I no longer sell on ebay or take paypal payments. They make money and really do next to nothing to protect people who use their services.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats fucking awesome news! i did have it insured for 500 dollars. So they have all the tracking and signature for it but they don't provide it to me? thats weird.

also i did tranfer the money out into my bank cause paypal says i'm at negative 520 or something like that

[quote name='shadylane']thats fucking awesome news! i did have it insured for 500 dollars. So they have all the tracking and signature for it but they don't provide it to me? thats weird.

also i did tranfer the money out into my bank cause paypal says i'm at negative 520 or something like that[/QUOTE]

PayPal could reverse that... and take it directly out of your bank account.

But the USPS should have a record of it. I think they moved to electronic records a bit ago and they're still responsible as you insured it (assuming you didn't lose the insurance stub).

[quote name='Vinny']PayPal could reverse that... and take it directly out of your bank account.
[/quote]

They cannot do that, they did that in the past a longgg time ago and got in trouble so they don't. Worst case scenario is your account stays in the negative and you are unable to remove your personal information from your paypal account or to start another paypal account with that same information.

[quote name='dastly75']They cannot do that, they did that in the past a longgg time ago and got in trouble so they don't. Worst case scenario is your account stays in the negative and you are unable to remove your personal information from your paypal account or to start another paypal account with that same information.[/QUOTE]

Worst case is they send him to a collection agency. They did that to me when I was at like...-$30.

You can fight it though.

You provide the signature confirmation to paypal, and it matches the customer's name, you will win.

If signature is not the customer, you will lose the paypal dispute, but USPS will owe you 500 dollars.

[quote name='rrrrrroger']You provide the signature confirmation to paypal, and it matches the customer's name, you will win.

If signature is not the customer, you will lose the paypal dispute, but USPS will owe you 500 dollars.[/QUOTE]

It has to be the signature of the customer? I thought it only had to be the signature of anyone in the house...

[quote name='blackdog60']Things like this occurring are why I no longer sell on ebay or take paypal payments. They make money and really do next to nothing to protect people who use their services.[/quote]

Very true.

Well right now i'm gonna go investigate this at the post office and get back to you guys. The weird part of this is that the guy has 200 + feedback 100% and he didn't even bother emailing me or anything before.

bread's done
Back