Just got a free network adapter, looking for online games

easy_g

CAGiversary!
My roommate's PS2 broke a while ago and he's been borrowing mine for the past couple months, but he finally got a PSTwo to replace it. Since it has a built in network adapter, he gave his old one to me. Now I'm looking for an excuse to use.

Since I was never really interested in online PS2 games before, I don't know which ones are good. Any recommendations? I was looking at Burnout 3 cause it's supposed to be an awesome single player game with great online, but what do you guys think?

heck, i already own amplitude. haven't played it in a long while too. maybe i'll test the waters with it.

okay, well i got burnout 3 and tried to get it workign bu i couldn't. Whenever I try to join a race it says it couldn't establich communication or something. My guess is cause i'm in a dorm. Anyone know how to fix this?

[quote name='easy_g']heck, i already own amplitude. haven't played it in a long while too. maybe i'll test the waters with it.[/quote]

That was my first online game too. Word of caution if you haven't played it in awhile, the people on there are freaks when it comes to this game. It's hard to find a game on an easy setting as they all play on the hardest possible setting. If you host your own game, then they'll come in and tell you to up the difficulty and when you don't they leave. It's fun, but hard to get a game going if you're not an expert at it. I spent like a week playing offline just to get good enough to stay alive in the online mode.

Socom II is fucking awesome online. I played that game a shit-load online this past summer. It's definitely my second favorite online game across all platforms.

socom has one of the biggest qonline communities as far as ps2 goes. I think it is only rivaled by FFXI. And the amount of people has been steady. Hell you could get socom 1 and still find someone to play with.

bread's done
Back