Just got a GBA SP...

MrBrando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I decided to trade in my PS2 because it keeps breaking and get myself a nice retro GBASP. I haven't been keeping up with the GBA at all so I don't know what games are good so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm mainly looking for games that are fun and you can pick up and play easily, like something for a casual gamer. Like if I was driving somewhere with some friends and had that to keep one of them busy. I bought Super Mario World for it already. Please, no RPG suggestions.

2nd I was wondering if there are any accessories I should get. I was looking into this thing called a game changer, it holds 3 games at once and is only 10 bucks ( know it sounds pointless but it'd be good for trips) is this a good product? Also, what is the e-reader, I know there's like packs of cards you can buy but what's on the cards? Like are they levels for games? wouldn't that be pointless if I didn't have the game?

Last, are there any good deals for games out there? I haven't noticed many unless they're like a crap game it seems

Ok, thank you very much.

The ps2 was breaking, it kept getting DREs, this was the 3rd time and I didn't feel like shipping it again for them to fix it to only have it break agian sometime down the line. I never play my PS2 anymore anyway, I never have time, and if I did nothing of interest seems to be coming out for it anytime soon. So a trade of a system I never play and is broken for a system I can take with me and play when I want seemed easy enough.

the only really good deals on GBA games ive ever got weres the buy 2 get 1 free at gamestop deal, with the 10% card.

Another thing you can try is target rainchecks. if you have any 45% rain checks you can get most new gba games for about 15 dollars, which is cheaper then they are used for the most part.

I second WarioWare, the epitome of pick up and play.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Bomberman Tournament

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Puyo Pop

Chu Chu Rocket

I just picked up Mario Golf: Advance Tour for a trip I'm about to go on. Its so awesome and addicting, and easy enough for someone to just grab and play.

My brother got the game changer thing for Christmas. It's pretty cool. It makes your GBA kinda bulky though. But you plug in three carts, then use a switch to select which will be active.

Great idea for the lazy ass.

I just got an SP also, i heard Mario and Luigi was good so i made a trade for it. I can't wait to play it.

Also look into klonoa Empire Dreams. I heard it is just as good as the PS1 Door to Phantomile.

[quote name='mousin']what you mean it keeps "breaking", get a case.
and i dont think a gba sp is worth any ps2.[/quote]

I'd call you a dumbass, but I can't stop laughing.

Good games:

Metroid
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Mega Man Zero 1, 2 and 3 (when it comes out later this year)
Mega Man and Bass
Mario & Luigi

Let's see:

-All the Mario Games
-Max Payne
-Chu Chu Rocket
-Wario Ware, Inc.
-Puzzle Fighter 2
-Mega Man Collection (when it comes out in August, can't wait for that one)
-Any Castlevania game

Those are the best off the top of my head. Enjoy your games!

(Veteran bay-be!!!)

Hey, I can totally understand this guy. I have a Gamecube and think it is a great system--but I can *never* find the time to play it. I got the GBA SP recently and simply LOVE having it. Because of the nature of the system games are designed to be able to be played for 10 minutes at a time and aren't overly complicated--but still have the addictive fun factor! I understand why people rave about 3-d games--but as a casual gamer, I find the more traditional platform games to be soooooo much fun.

My faves from GBA and GBC: Klonoa:Empire of Dreams (great non-stressful game!), Wario Land 3 and 4, Mario Tennis, Metroid Fusion, Wario Ware Inc., and of course the Zelda games and Mario Advance games (I didn't buy them though since I have them on SNES).

I highly recommend checking the ebgames.com site for used games (with coupons pplay 15 and saver you get 15% off and free shipping)

If you enjoy platformers or liked Castlevania: SotN, you can't go wrong with any of the GBA Castlevanias. Harmony of Dissonance is going to be the hardest to track down, but I really enoyed it.

If you liked Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1, you'll want to get FFTA and maybe even Fire Emblem.

I second the recommendations for Wario Wares and Mario & Luigi. Great games all.

Lastly, check out Wade Hixton's Coutner Punch if you liked Punch Out. It's the closest we're going to get to a sequel.

I saw these wireless headphones today, and was wondering if anyone had tried them? They also picked up FM radio and were only 10 bucks

only reason I ask is because they would probably a great thing for the OP to have if they worked decently( much better than the official headphones which hurt my ears)

bread's done
Back