Just got an item from ebay but...help!?

Gamer SDP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (98%)
Ok CAG, I won an auction that had Super Mario Galaxy for $32 with $4 ship so $36 total. I know, BBV/GC has it for like $25 but that's another issue :cry:.

Anyway the item was listed as brand new, and according to the help info at ebay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/attrhelp/contextual/759.html

brand new means the item has never been opened and is in its original plastic seal.

The auction ended a week before Thanksgiving and payment was confirmed the on the 25th. I sent the seller a message last Tuesday the 2nd since I did not receive the game or any info. I got a reply a few days later with a tracking number.

So the package arrives today and it's not the best condition since it's been raining today. The package is one of those yellow manila folder like color ones. I don't know what's the right term for them. Also when I threw the packaging away and ripped it, a lot of fuzzy lint like material came out.

Anyway, the package included SMG. However, it was not sealed :evil:
also for some reason, a Wii remote was included with that transparent foam covering and the oriignal box. The crappy bent/ripped box was poorly closed and taped shut. Two (Costco Kirkland brand) batteries were also included. Now I haven't tried using the Remote, but when I put the batteries in it lit up. Also haven't tried out the game, but it looks in damn good condition-box and manual too.

So CAG, what should I do? The seller has been a member 8 years and has over 2000 feedback left.

This is the 12 month summary:
Recent Feedback Ratings (last 12 months)
1 month___ 6 months ___ 12 months
s.gif
iconPos_16x16.gif
Positive _________61 ______ 458 _________651
iconNeu_16x16.gif
Neutral __________ 0 ________4 __________5
iconNeg_16x16.gif
Negative ________ 0 ________4 ___________6
I've only bought two other from ebay before.

Regardless of the situation, I do not plan on keeping the SMG (will get a new one) or Wii mote. Maybe sell it to a friend or trade it in (if anyone can provide TiV that would be great)

If the wiimote works, leave a neutral and say:

"slightly dissatisfied because the game was not new/sealed as advertised, but that was made up for the fact that the package included a free wiimote!"

Leave him a negative. Sellers have no defense under the new policy, if I am correct.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see a Wiimote was thrown in for free. Don't mention the wiimote to anyone and give the man a positive.

[quote name='coolsteel']Positive, he gave you a free wiimote. Whining about a piece of shrink wrap after that is petty[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='tsmvengy']If the wiimote works, leave a neutral and say:

"slightly dissatisfied because the game was not new/sealed as advertised, but that was made up for the fact that the package included a free wiimote!"[/QUOTE]

Ill second that answer. No point to give a negative just because. Save those for the people truly trying to screw you over. Or even if youre feeling generous leave a positive and just leave the same comment saying game was NOT new as described.

I would say neutral. If item said brand new and it is opened I would be mad about it. What if you dont need another wiimote. Though I would not make a mention specific to the wiimote. Something along the lines of "Game was opened not brand new but bonus made for it". That way the seller does not get bs positive just by including an extra. I would be pissed if I bought something and just because they include something else with it that it makes up for the false auction description (unless it was $1 million dollars :) )

wow a decent amount of replies, all were pretty much helpful. I'll try out the remote and game sometime this weekend and see how they fare. Though I'll try to sell them or something since i don't need an extra remote and rather have a new copy of SMG.

Never ever EVER leave a negative without giving the seller a chance to make things right. If you are dissatisfied then contact the seller and give them a chance to fix the problem. If they work with you and do what they can to make you happy then they either deserve a positive feedback or none at all. ONLY leave a neg/neutral you contact them and they are are NOT willing to work with you to make things right.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']...haven't tried out the game, but it looks in damn good condition-box and manual too.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Though I'll try to sell them or something since i don't need an extra remote and rather have a new copy of SMG.[/QUOTE]

If the game, box and manual are in "damn good condition", why are you so adamant about having a "new" copy?

I understand that you're upset the item you got isn't EXACTLY what was listed in the auction, but you got a free Wiimote! Why buy the game AGAIN if you already have a perfectly good copy you can play now? :shock:

[quote name='Gameboy415']If the game, box and manual are in "damn good condition", why are you so adamant about having a "new" copy?

I understand that you're upset the item you got isn't EXACTLY what was listed in the auction, but you got a free Wiimote! Why buy the game AGAIN if you already have a perfectly good copy you can play now? :shock:[/QUOTE]

Friend and I argued like cats and dogs over this topic one day, he loves him a sealed copy of a game while I would be happy with a perfectly working complete used copy. Long story short don't try to talk people out of it, its like a sickness or something

Leave positive. Good deal for a SMG game and (free)Wii remote for $36 or sell both of them then get a new sealed SMG you want

if both items work, leave him a positive, sell both and buy yourself a brand new copy of SMG + pocket what's left. Personally I wouldn't have any complaints since a used wii remote + used SMG is worth more than a new copy of SMG itself.

Actually, I just wouldn't leave feedback at all. Yes the game wasn't new (but it's pretty fucking stupid to buy another one if that one is fine and you are just going to open it anyway) and he was late in shipping, but you got a free fucking remote. Hell, he even sent batteries. A neg is obviously out of the question, but I wouldn't leave a positive either since he did not send you what you bought. Either leave a neutral or, better yet IMO, none at all, keep the game, sell the remote, be happy.

[quote name='zewone']You're kind of a dick for even asking.
Leave him positive, move on.[/quote]

My thoughts...

Gamestop sells new "NOT Shrink wrapped" stuff if that's the last copy in that branch. Not shrink wrapped does not necessarily mean its not new.
Although I am very unhappy every time Gamestop does that 2 me.

Have you contacted the seller about the situation? Maybe he mixed up packages and somebody else who won an auction for a used SMG + Wiimote received your sealed copy.

IMO it wouldn't be right to just keep the Wiimote if he accidentally sent it to you. You should make the seller aware of the situation, and either send the whole package back and have him send the sealed SMG that you purchased, or ask if you can keep the Wiimote as a consolation for the SMG game's condition not being as described. But you shouldn't just keep it unless the seller agrees to that deal.

I actually refuse to buy opened game from GS whenever they try to sell it as a NEW to me. In my book, open means USED.

For the topic, you should contact seller and see how he reacts then decide feedback based on seller's follow up.

As a seller I had a situation a couple weeks ago where I mixed up a box, luckily the buyer contacted me ASAP and we got everything sorted out before the other guy even paid.

I'd check the guy's completed listings and see if he sold that bundle, and let him know and hear his side of things.

He may have intentionally sent you that package, I don't know, but if he was pretty cool about getting it to you quickly and for reasonable shipping charges I'd keep the opened copy plus the Wiimote and give him a positive unless you are hell bent on a sealed copy.

[quote name='burritoman']I'd keep the opened copy plus the Wiimote and give him a positive unless you are hell bent on a sealed copy.[/quote]

Negative feedback should be used to show bad sellers, not a seller who makes an honest mistake. Gamer sdp, DO NOT leave a negative feedback unless you contact him and he refuses to do anything about it. Even then, neutral at the worst.

bread's done
Back