just got PS+, but...

gkargreen

CAGiversary!
one, I had to buy a card at GS to get PS+, then I had to redeem it on my PS3, and now my Vita does not show that I have PS+ yet. Does it take some time to show up on my Vita, or will I only have access to PS+ on my PS3? I really want to use PS+ now, before they remove anymore games from the PS+ for Vita. Also, can I just download the Vita PS+ games on my PS3 and then transfer them? thanks!

[quote name='gkargreen']one, I had to buy a card at GS to get PS+, then I had to redeem it on my PS3, and now my Vita does not show that I have PS+ yet. Does it take some time to show up on my Vita, or will I only have access to PS+ on my PS3? I really want to use PS+ now, before they remove anymore games from the PS+ for Vita. Also, can I just download the Vita PS+ games on my PS3 and then transfer them? thanks![/QUOTE]

You will have it for both PS3 and Vita; not sure why it didn't show up on your vita instantly. Have you tried restarting the Vita?

To answer your other questions if it isn't on your vita yet then yes you can download the Vita games on your PS3 and then transfer them to your Vita by WiFi or USB Cable.

If you don't have a large memory card for your vita I would reccomend downloading games on your PS3 so you have them before they are removed from the PS store and then transferring them to your Vita when you are ready to play

Yes, you can download the games and transfer them. You can also just buy them for free and download them later so they are in your purchase history, like I've done since I don't have a Vita yet. Is your Vita account the same as the PS3 account you bought PS+ for?

[quote name='gkargreen']one, I had to buy a card at GS to get PS+, then I had to redeem it on my PS3, and now my Vita does not show that I have PS+ yet. Does it take some time to show up on my Vita, or will I only have access to PS+ on my PS3? I really want to use PS+ now, before they remove anymore games from the PS+ for Vita. Also, can I just download the Vita PS+ games on my PS3 and then transfer them? thanks![/QUOTE]
are the accounts the same?

if they are buy them on ps3
then on the vita go to store,
then click on ...
then download list

I turned the power off, but when I turn the Vita back on and go the PS store, it still wants to sell me the PS+ games, and/or sell me PS+! IS there some app, some place on the PS store, or something else I am not doing right? thanks!

[quote name='gkargreen']I turned the power off, but when I turn the Vita back on and go the PS store, it still wants to sell me the PS+ games, and/or sell me PS+! IS there some app, some place on the PS store, or something else I am not doing right? thanks![/QUOTE]
have u check using my steps?

[quote name='Vader582']Sign out on the Vita and then sign back in; under settings.[/QUOTE]

this. I've had a similar problem, this fixed it.

this is the typical bullshit that Sony constantly does, they are so fucked up when it comes to the network stuff, if the Vita wasn't as nice as it is, I would sell the PS3 and be done with Sony. I tried last night to get PS+ using my debit card, after all of the steps and filling their stuff out, Sony would NOT allow me to use my debit card to buy PS+, so I went to GS and bought the PS+ card, and the PS+ card would NOT work with the Vita, or on my computer, so I had to use the PS3 to get the PS+ account. Now, even with all the great help here of everyone, all of which is most appreciated, I STILL CANNOT GET PS+ TO WORK ON MY GODDAMN VITA! RPG, I will download the games onto the PS3 and then try to load them on my Vita, all of which seems like a goddamn reach-around from Sony's ass fucking, hopefully that will work....

[quote name='gkargreen']this is the typical bullshit that Sony constantly does, they are so fucked up when it comes to the network stuff, if the Vita wasn't as nice as it is, I would sell the PS3 and be done with Sony. I tried last night to get PS+ using my debit card, after all of the steps and filling their stuff out, Sony would NOT allow me to use my debit card to buy PS+, so I went to GS and bought the PS+ card, and the PS+ card would NOT work with the Vita, or on my computer, so I had to use the PS3 to get the PS+ account. Now, even with all the great help here of everyone, all of which is most appreciated, I STILL CANNOT GET PS+ TO WORK ON MY GODDAMN VITA! RPG, I will download the games onto the PS3 and then try to load them on my Vita, all of which seems like a goddamn reach-around from Sony's ass fucking, hopefully that will work....[/QUOTE]

Relax. I'm not trying to be a dick but it sounds like user error to me.

Are you 100% sure you have the same PSN account (i.e. email address/password) for both your PS3 and Vita?

Odd that you can't, even, add it though your Vita. I'd Google that issue then call Sony if you can't find an answer.

But yeah, something could be up with them. My PSP games say expired even though my PS+ is not. And, it has not lapsed since I've had it.

[quote name='GBAstar']Relax. I'm not trying to be a dick but it sounds like user error to me.

Are you 100% sure you have the same PSN account (i.e. email address/password) for both your PS3 and Vita?[/QUOTE]

I didn't check to see if I have the same login on the PS3, since it is automatic, is there anyway to check the PSN account (email/password) on my PS3? Also, can I set the Vita to have the same PSN account (email/password) to match up with the PS3? thanks

[quote name='gkargreen']I didn't check to see if I have the same login on the PS3, since it is automatic, is there anyway to check the PSN account (email/password) on my PS3? Also, can I set the Vita to have the same PSN account (email/password) to match up with the PS3? thanks[/QUOTE]

On you PS3 I believe you can logout of PSN and then go back to login and it should show you your e-mail address...

yes, that was the problem, 2 different accounts. Now I have them (PS3 and Vita) on the same account, and PS+ is working, lost all of my save data, but that wasn't that much...

[quote name='gkargreen']yes, that was the problem, 2 different accounts. Now I have them (PS3 and Vita) on the same account, and PS+ is working, lost all of my save data, but that wasn't that much...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you could have transferred save data from one account to another but under the media manager app there is a "backup" feature that would have let you backup everything on the system to your PC or PS3.

Then when you created a new PSN account on your vita (I think you have to restore it first) you could have recovered the data.

Now that you got it working their is a PSN menu under the vita "settings" app that allows you to automatically save your backup files to the PS+ cloud.

Hope that helps and enjoy your PS+

[quote name='pjb16']So I guess it wasn't the "typical bullshit that Sony constantly does" after all?[/QUOTE]

I will check that "cloud" thing out on PS+, GBA. FWIW, its pretty well documented that Sony's online is not all that easy or transparent, the constant updates on tuesdays, locking out usage until updated, the refusal of using debit cards for adding funds to wallet (unless there is something hinky I am doing there...), inadvertent multiple accounts, and many hoops to go thru for getting things sorted out, of which the best info was here. I have NEVER had any issues with my Apple account or 360 to compare with my Sony account, how I ended up with multiple accounts is still a mystery to me, but I am now a more "wise" user (at least I hope...) and hope that I can avoid online issues in the future...

[quote name='thefurrypanda']I buy funds for my wallet with a debit card all the time...in fact it automatically does it..[/QUOTE]

I wonder why mine didn't work, I'll have to try that again, meanwhile, need to cancel one of my accounts, any suggestions how?

bread's done
Back