Just got this email regarding in store pickup at Best Buy for Halo 3

alfonsosoriano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I preordered Halo 3 at Best Buy Online with in store pickup. This is the email I got today:

Important Information
September 24, 2007
Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Michael:

Since the store you selected for pickup (NEWINGTON CT #487) is not open, we are currently unable to confirm product availability. We'll send you an e-mail with a pickup date as soon as we hear from the store.

Item details are listed below.

Get more information on this order by checking your order status.

You can call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Order Date: 09/18/2007
Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Qty Product Description
1 Halo 3-Xbox 360

Basically what I'm asking is, what's this email all about? It was sent at 6:54 AM. Obviously the store is closed at that time. Is there a chance they'll somehow fulfill my order TODAY? Seems like this is the email I'd get tomorrow morning. Oh and I should say the order status has changed to: Status: 1 item(s) - confirming InStore Inventory at NEWINGTON CT 487. Perhaps this is just going to be a confirmation of availability for tomorrow or something? I dk, I've never preordered from BB like this, so I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten an email like this before and can shed some light. Thank you.

Probably not. it just means they got them in stock and the automated system made it available. Same thing happened with guitar hero 80s and some people got the game, but not many. It might not be worth the trip.

[quote name='rrotundo']I got the same message. Do we know if we're guaranteed a copy with this preorder? Or is it first come, first serve?[/quote]

You are definitely guaranteed a copy, probably held for you at Customer Service. As far as the message, no matter what any e-mails say I'm pretty sure the people at BB B&M will not give you your copy untill midnight tonight.

Yeah I wouldn't expect them too unless I get one telling me it's ready. Just curious as to what this email means. My store isn't doing the midnight thing it means tomorrow for me.

I"d go if its close or near you. If they don't have your item in your hand within 1 minute of you handing them slip they are supposed to take $10 off your order plus you can bitch to corporate. I've gotten some giftcards that way.

If they send you an email stating its ready for pickup and it actually isnt then they better damn well do something to make up for it.

well the stores open at 10 right? so if i get a pickup notice, i'll give it a shot. i dont ever remember getting any emails like this for any of the instore pickups i've done. it sounds like as soon as the store opens, they'll send you a pickup notice today. and right, if i make a trip out there and they say sorry it was a mistake, well then, they better do something to make up for it!

Nice, I live in Wethersfield.

Anyways, just got an email telling me my order will be ready to pick up during store hours tomorrow. It also states to not come before 9/25 to pick it up. Glad they did this verification this morning so tomorrow I can just go right after class and pick the game up on the way home.

Store Pickup Notification
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 24, 2007
Order Number: BBY01-19***

Dear Roberto:

Your pre-order will be ready for pickup during store hours at the POUGHKEEPSIE NY Best Buy store #460 on 09/25/2007. Please do not go to the store to pick up your order before this date. To avoid order cancellation, please pick up your item(s) within 8 days.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To pick up the items, you MUST bring:
  • Yourself! (Only the person who placed the order and is listed on the purchasing credit card may pick it up)
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A state-issued photo ID or driver's license.
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The purchasing credit card HRS ****************
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The order number (listed above - please bring a copy of this e-mail to the store)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you get to the store:
  1. Use the reserved parking for in-store pickup customers (available at select stores).
  2. Present this e-mail to the employee at the entrance, who will direct you to Customer Service.
  3. Locate the sign that says "BestBuy.com In-store Pickup." Wait in this line to expedite the pickup of your order.
Note: Large items (appliances, televisions, etc.) may take slightly more time to pick up.

Low price guarantee:
If your product is available at a lower price in the store at the time of pickup, your credit card and/or Gift Card will automatically be adjusted to reflect the lowest price available.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

The hell - they sent me another email. I wonder if this is because of their system being down yesterday when I went in to pick the game up. I still got it but it took a little longer because they had to call in to verify my credit card.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']The hell - they sent me another email. I wonder if this is because of their system being down yesterday when I went in to pick the game up. I still got it but it took a little longer because they had to call in to verify my credit card.[/quote]

Yeah, their pickup system sucks. I often get emails to fill out surveys for my pick up experience for stuff I haven't even picked up yet, or on orders that I've cancelled! :roll:

bread's done
Back