just signed up for Goozex, any tips?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I signed up it just now heard some things about it. As for it trading and receiving, are they are only given my points? It seems pretty expensive. How do request proceed does the person shipping the game you want gets point and you have to make a payment for them?

Also for offerings, are they given to you by points only? Or does the buyer pay, for your methods of shipping, and the amount of the game?

yea i see you did (thanks for signing up under me :p) Yes, you only recieve points for trading games. Requests: you request a game (in ether full package, manual + disc, or disc only), if you have enough points and if you get matched up with someone, you spend you points, they send the game, and when you recieve you leave feedback...Goozex is kinda like CAG trading but with points...also, its not right to leave bad feedback if you get a game that has rental stickers. is scratched up, but still works. It is because Goozex's philosophy is that this is a place for people who just wanna play the game, not collect them, thus condition doesnt matter for most people. HOWEVER, people are aload to give tips if they really like what they recieved

trade credits = allows you to trade. They baciscally charge 1 trade credit per game to trade
Goozex points = certain amount of points are required to get a game. (so basically virtual money)

so if you wanted DMC4, you would have to have 1 trade credit and 900 Goozex points to get the game

[quote name='refusedchaos']also, its not right to leave bad feedback if you get a game that has rental stickers. is scratched up, but still works. It is because Goozex's philosophy is that this is a place for people who just wanna play the game, not collect them, thus condition doesnt matter for most people.[/quote]

I am very glad you told me this, I signed up for goozex a while ago but never got around to using it. Knowing this I probably never will, I'm picky about my games, I collect and play them. Ah well, better to find out now than while using goozex :p

I've almost never received a game in less than stellar condition. Often the games are actually unopened. The single counterexample I can think of is when I received Twin Snakes that was a former Blockbuster rental...but it was only 200 points. Hard to complain about that.

Also, I recommend requesting any game you think you might potentially want as soon as you possibly can. You can put as many games as you want on hold and you still move up in the line until it gets to you.

[quote name='distgfx']I am very glad you told me this, I signed up for goozex a while ago but never got around to using it. Knowing this I probably never will, I'm picky about my games, I collect and play them. Ah well, better to find out now than while using goozex :p[/quote]I am very anal about the condition of my games. Every game i got from Goozex/member it was in GREAT condition one even came wrapped. I only request full games(meaning case, instructions, game) I like the place it could be slow at times(waiting for the game you want) but if you got old games you want to get rid of Goozex works out great for this

so how can you tell before hand if your getting a sealed copy versus complete? I know there are those 3 icons that show disc only, disc plus manual and the last one complete?

Also how do you got about setting up trades?

[quote name='CaoPi']so how can you tell before hand if your getting a sealed copy versus complete? I know there are those 3 icons that show disc only, disc plus manual and the last one complete?

Also how do you got about setting up trades?[/quote]

1) you can't

2) you request games and hope that someone has it availble

[quote name='CaoPi']so how can you tell before hand if your getting a sealed copy versus complete? I know there are those 3 icons that show disc only, disc plus manual and the last one complete?

Also how do you got about setting up trades?[/QUOTE]

You can't tell what the condition is going to be unless you PM the seller before he ships. Again, the point of Goozex is to trade, not collect, it just happens that the traders seem to take very good care of their games.

If you have games you are willing to sell, you just add them to your Offers list, and check off the condition (full package/disc & manual/disc only). Add the games you are looking to buy to your Requests list, and again check the condition you want to receive it in.

The system puts you in a queue for your Offers and Requests along with everyone else's and automatically matches a seller to a buyer for each game. This doesn't mean everything is matched immediately of course, it depends on demand and availability. It could take minutes or months to get a match, depending on the game. You also need to have at least one trade credit and enough Goozex points available to be matched for a game you want.

I think I have sent 4 or 5 sealed games on Goozex because it was a quick way to obtain lots of points from Goozex. I might buy a game with the sole purpose trading it on Goozex because it gets big points for little cost.

how long has Goozex been up? I was just a bit worried of the site closing down sometime and all your points will be gone...

It's been up since 2006? I'm not certain. But I'm been lucky I got a few games with their bonus discs, but on the other hand I got one game that looked like it had been driven over, similar to the time I got DMC3 off of a CAG.

I've used and had a successful run with Goozex. I'm pretty much done because I traded out all my old games and completely overhauled my collection. I should have overlord and GH:aerosmith coming and then I'm not sure when I'll use it again.

Always send 1st class w/ DC and communication is just a suggestion, but I highly recommend it in the spirit of the community. I've received a few dozen games, maybe 4-5 sealed and the only time I was disappointed with quality is I received a game in a blockbuster case with all the original art/insert/manual whatever, but the manual was crammed in there. Otherwise an occaisonal fingerprint that a microfiber cloth can take care of.

Check it out, you'll get addicted quickly.

Just a couple of quick tips:

If you are particular about your game's condition or whether it's a re-print, don't hesitate to send an PM. I've done this several times (especially with PC Games, which occasionally come sans box), and have managed to avoid what would have been disappointing trades. This is also much easier now thanks to the new system that lets you PM them before they accept. I've had a few people complain, but most people are very understanding (and it's your points, so don't hesitate to ask).

Also, make use of the hold system. I've put games in there that were too pricey at the time, only have them drop down quickly in a few weeks. If you've got a few games you're interested in, just watch them all.

[quote name='CaoPi']how long has Goozex been up? I was just a bit worried of the site closing down sometime and all your points will be gone...[/QUOTE]

i doubt Goozex will ever just fold up. There has been other companies that have folded up and other sites took them over that were 100x smaller then goozex.

personally goozex is the best site out there , i dont know of any other so called trading places that is better

Switchplanet ---- has gotten very bad in the last 6 months
Sayswap is nothing more then a joke and scammers
gottaplay--- was good the first month it opened now its a joke

Goozex is going to be turning 2 and dont knwo of another site that is stillt his good 2 years into it self

Yeah, I like Goozex. I'm about 2/3 done with my old PS and PS2 collection and I'm up to about 7000 points banked. I've received 2 DS games and 1 was sealed. Some of my trades have been from extremely discounted or free games I've obtained (some sealed) that I quickly traded on Goozex for some nice big points at no cost. It is very wasy to use and I you can tell they are enhancing a lot of the features on a constant basis (stash list, etc..).

how does the leaving feedback go? If your offering and want to reject the trade for points, would you get a negative feedback without clicking on accept/reject in the time limit lefT?

[quote name='CaoPi']how does the leaving feedback go? If your offering and want to reject the trade for points, would you get a negative feedback without clicking on accept/reject in the time limit lefT?[/QUOTE]

u have to accept to get feedback. so if you dont want to confirm there is no way to get neg feedback cause of that...

i got around 21,000 pts left was up to 23k at one time but in the last month i got

hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition)
and
Suikoden II

what i could dump on ebay for around 150 to 200 for both.

since day one though im probally still up cash on this site and still have almost 21,000 pts....

i have almost taken everything down to trade since with 21,000 pts there is really no more of a reason to send ames out unless i can make a major profit on pts..

few months back if i found a game i could make 300 to 400 pts on i would do it but now its got to be 500+

There is a local game trader here i could of dumped off two games i picked up for around 300 pts for a game that fetches 600 pts.. but the 300 pt turn around isnt worth it anmore

Yeah, if you are carefuly and lucky, you can find some really great discount or clearance games and trade them on Goozex for a large "profit" in points. Then use those points to get a more expensive game. I've done it a few times. I think my best was paying $13 OOP for a 1,000 point game. Heh, few days after I traded it, it dropped to 900 or 950 and kept dropping. Sure beats the price of buying points.

I'm only trading within US, what's the worst that has happen to anybody? Heard there were lots of Canadian scammers?

I'm in need of points. Are people pretty good with leaving feedback as soon as the game is received? Imagine shipping out to someone, then later finding out they are no longer a registered user...

If you ship out a game, and they do not leave feedback for 21 days, then it is automatically considered positive feedback.

Are you allowed to trade "Not for Resale" versions of games on Goozex? The game is just like the storebought version in every way except it says "not for resale" on the front bottom and where the UPC would be. If Goozex is "for the gamer" instead of "for the collector" it should be ok.

[quote name='dtcarson']Are you allowed to trade "Not for Resale" versions of games on Goozex? The game is just like the storebought version in every way except it says "not for resale" on the front bottom and where the UPC would be. If Goozex is "for the gamer" instead of "for the collector" it should be ok.[/QUOTE]

yea its ok

[quote name='TahoeMax']I've almost never received a game in less than stellar condition. Often the games are actually unopened. The single counterexample I can think of is when I received Twin Snakes that was a former Blockbuster rental...but it was only 200 points. Hard to complain about that.

Also, I recommend requesting any game you think you might potentially want as soon as you possibly can. You can put as many games as you want on hold and you still move up in the line until it gets to you.[/quote]
There actually is a limit to how many you can request: 200. I've been at that limit for some time. After that, it won't let you add any more until you take some off.

Also, what's with the whole "it's for trading, not collecting" mantra I keep hearing? That's not entirely true. I have no intention of trading the game's I've received from Goozex. I just buy and flip games onto Goozex, and then use the points to get games that I do want, for much cheaper than I can get them elsewhere, or because they're simply not availale anywhere near me.

CaoPi, let me be the first to assure you that you will get points. It appears that we got matched up for Silent Hill 3. Also just so you know, once you get 20 points feedback on Goozex, as soon as you accept a trade, you will get points. This is put in place to keep scammers from getting points right off the bat. Also, Goozex just recently cleared out a lot of inactive accounts.

[quote name='djbooba']CaoPi, let me be the first to assure you that you will get points. It appears that we got matched up for Silent Hill 3. Also just so you know, once you get 20 points feedback on Goozex, as soon as you accept a trade, you will get points. This is put in place to keep scammers from getting points right off the bat. Also, Goozex just recently cleared out a lot of inactive accounts.[/quote]

hmm really? I didn't even recognize you, I'm a bit of a SH fan myself thuogh.

bread's done
Back