Just sold my first game on Amazon...

jenksalot

CAGiversary!
I sold a game for $40, and Amazon forced the buyer to pay $3.99 shipping. Then they credited me with a little over $35, minus the $3 I paid to ship the game out. Did I do something wrong or is this a total rip off? I thought they were cheaper to sell thru than ebay? Has anyone else used them?

It is kind of a total rip off like Ebay. After fees, etc, I don't even try selling my games except trading them on here. I am trying to sell my PS3, but I don't even want to imagine what the fees would be if I sold it on Ebay/Amazon.

I sell off of half.com which is a subsidiary of ebay. They take a final cut, which is about 12%, but they credit you about $3 for shipping. Normally to ship 1st class is only about $2. I remember reading the amazon seller rules and thinking half.com was better, but I forgot why. Anyways check it out. Most my games sell pretty fast.

Since you're prolly going to spend the money on video games anyways, you may also want to look into goozex. I'm thinking of that myself.

Amazon is actually more expensive than ebay so you were mistaken. Anyway amazon charged 15% +$1 + closing fee so thats about right.

eBay sucks too. The only good thing is that they let you post your first 5 every month for free, so if they don't sell, you don't get whacked. But they make up for it on the back end.

I've sold and bought games on Craigslist, and so far it has worked out great. I haven't had any trouble selling a game, or buying one. You are limited in the amount of people who want to purchase, and you have to make sure you post your ad many times until it sells. However, no shipping or any fees of any kind. You agree to $40, you get $40. Easy as that. Yeah it sucks you have to drive and meet someone, but to me its worth it for the convenience of pricing.

[quote name='linkmon']eBay sucks too. The only good thing is that they let you post your first 5 every month for free, so if they don't sell, you don't get whacked. But they make up for it on the back end.[/QUOTE]

If you use the fillin a Buy it now only cost 5 cent. Even if I listed 50 things thats like $2.50

One way around ebay fees is to simply not pay them and open up a new account when you want to sell a new item. Of course its not the most legit way of doing things but at least it saves you from paying buyer and seller fees which is ridiculous also you have to start over but since its your first time selling anything it doesn't really matter if you have much feedback or not. And for all those of you who think it hurts your credit or whatever thats crap, ebay doesn't have the necessary info, paypal does, so they can't touch you. It just sucks when you buy/sell some things and than ebay emails you that you owe over $50 in buyer AND seller fees, buyer fees??? What the hell well screw them.

Knowledge from experience, I haven't payed an ebay fee in 6 years, have excellent credit.

I don't have an issue w/ Amazon, I've been selling stuff there for well over a year now. They tell you what you're going to get if it sells before you list it, so just price your stuff accordingly.

I've used Amazon for years. It is a really quick easy way to sell items. Ebay has always been a hassle for me. If you want to make the most use Craigslist, but you'll encounter some trashy people there.

[quote name='argyle']I don't have an issue w/ Amazon, I've been selling stuff there for well over a year now. They tell you what you're going to get if it sells before you list it, so just price your stuff accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Before you finalize your listing, it tells you exactly how much you will get after fees.

I've been selling on Amazon for a few years, and I find it far better than ebay. Stuff tends to sell a bit higher on Amazon over eBay too.

bread's done
Back