Just sold my Halo 1 & 2 for $46 on Ebay

jkanownik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just sold my used copies of Halo 1 & 2 in a combined auction and it ended up getting $46. I guess with all of the Halo 3 hype the values of these have been increasing. If you have them sitting around you may want to go ahead and sell them now.

I had actually picked up Halo 1 from Family Video for $5 recently and I had picked up the Halo 2 from Blockbuster last year for $10, so I got quite a nice return. I had picked both up because I wanted to play through them before playing Halo 3. I got about 5 hours into Halo 1 before I gave up on that. I'll just read the wiki to catch up on the story. IMO Halo 1 is way overrated. Metroid Prime beats the hell out of.

no offense, but i have to say it.

[quote name='SL4IN']all halo is overrated. it rides on the coattales of the success of it's multiplayer.[/quote]

this from a guy with a cm punk sig lol sorrry!!!!! my bad!!!

[quote name='jkanownik']I just sold my used copies of Halo 1 & 2 in a combined auction and it ended up getting $46. I guess with all of the Halo 3 hype the values of these have been increasing. If you have them sitting around you may want to go ahead and sell them now.

I had actually picked up Halo 1 from Family Video for $5 recently and I had picked up the Halo 2 from Blockbuster last year for $10, so I got quite a nice return. I had picked both up because I wanted to play through them before playing Halo 3. I got about 5 hours into Halo 1 before I gave up on that. I'll just read the wiki to catch up on the story. IMO Halo 1 is way overrated. Metroid Prime beats the hell out of.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, MP1 is a completely different kind of game. But I doubt that there's many people who can play Halo and enjoy it after playing a decent PC FPS.

[quote name='SL4IN']all halo is overrated. it rides on the coattales of the success of it's multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

How can something ride on the coattales (sic) of its own success? Do you even understand what that expression means?

[quote name='monkeydeew']no offense, but i have to say it.

this from a guy with a cm punk sig lol sorrry!!!!! my bad!!![/quote]

Preach.

Also, lets stop this whole " overated" noise. Why can't it just be " I liked the game" or " i didn't like the game"?

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Preach.

Also, lets stop this whole " overated" noise. Why can't it just be " I liked the game" or " i didn't like the game"?[/quote]

Gamestats has Halo ranked at the 12th best game of all time. I made my comment to help anyone that has been sitting on this game waiting to play it. If you go into the single player expecting the 12th best game of all time you are going to be sorely dissappointed. I was amazed at how repetitive it was. The repitition of the environments and lack of variety in enemies was as bad as FEAR. The childish screams of the Covenant Grunts almost kill any dramatic impact that the story tries to create (ala Jar Jar Binks in Episode 1).

[quote name='jkanownik']Gamestats has Halo ranked at the 12th best game of all time. I made my comment to help anyone that has been sitting on this game waiting to play it. If you go into the single player expecting the 12th best game of all time you are going to be sorely dissappointed. I was amazed at how repetitive it was. The repitition of the environments and lack of variety in enemies was as bad as FEAR. The childish screams of the Covenant Grunts almost kill any dramatic impact that the story tries to create (ala Jar Jar Binks in Episode 1).[/quote]

But...who buys Halo for the single player?

Which is more popular, I wonder? liking halo, or hating halo because people like it?

I just played through the first and enjoyed it as much as ever. Especially Two Betrayals and Assualt on the Control Room.

I just finished Halo 1 for the first time last month. I thought it was a good game but not a system seller at least for me. Maybe I don't like FPS games that much. I have a sealed Halo 2, not sure if I am going to keep it and play through it or EBay it instead.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I just finished Halo 1 for the first time last month. I thought it was a good game but not a system seller at least for me. Maybe I don't like FPS games that much. I have a sealed Halo 2, not sure if I am going to keep it and play through it or EBay it instead.[/QUOTE]
I think the combination of the single player and multiplayer made it a system seller. If it was single player alone it would not have moved as many Xboxs.

i thought the funnest part was playing co op, man i loved sending in my freind to die and i hung back so he could respawn and do it all over again. good times.

[quote name='monkeydeew']no offense, but i have to say it.

this from a guy with a cm punk sig lol sorrry!!!!! my bad!!![/quote]

I must be missing the point in your poor attempt at sarcasm and a potshot. what exactly is bad about cm punk?

Nice. I remember seeing the special edition Halo 2 for like 8.99 at GameStop. Hmmm....

(nah, I'm too lazy to mess with ebay, I'll leave that for someone else)

[quote name='SL4IN']I must be missing the point in your poor attempt at sarcasm and a potshot. what exactly is bad about cm punk?[/quote]

Alright if you want a full explaination we can take this to the wrestling thread.

[quote name='SL4IN']I must be missing the point in your poor attempt at sarcasm and a potshot. what exactly is bad about cm punk?[/QUOTE]

Nothing, besides he is CM Punk.

If you dig guys with Pepsi & GI Joe toy logo tattoos who keep repeating how "straight edge" they are, and how they don't smoke, drink, or do drugs (except steroids) then it's cool.

[quote name='SL4IN']all halo is overrated. it rides on the coattales of the success of it's multiplayer.[/quote]

Thats retarded, thats the other half of the game. It's not just tacked on like most games, its 1/2 of the development time. It just happens to be the 1/2 that people play the most.

Thats like saying, Cheeseburgers are overrated, they ride of the success of the grilled ground beef.

[quote name='jer7583']Which is more popular, I wonder? liking halo, or hating halo because people like it?

I just played through the first and enjoyed it as much as ever. Especially Two Betrayals and Assualt on the Control Room.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's 50/50. If Metroid Prime were as overwhelmingly popular, people would've been shitting all over the release of MP3.

For another recent example, witness the across the board review scores of 9 and 10 for Bioshock, then go visit a Bioshock message board and view the plethora of, "It was good but it wasn't that good posts."

As far as PC FPS'. Meh, most of them wind up on consoles eventually and while a few really stand out (Half Life 2 comes to mind), the differences aren't as vast as people like to say. The advantage there comes from the mod community and while some of them are very well done, most aren't.

That doesn't make any sense. Think about this...

When Street Fighter II was the hottest game on the planet, how many people were drooling over the single player experience? Not many. When Quake III and Unreal Tournament were the hottest things on the PC was it a single player experience that made it so popular? No. I enjoyed the single player Halo and Halo 2, but multiplayer is why I love the game. Same for GoldenEye, Perfect Dark (n64 version only), Elite Force....

I still say if you've played one FPS, you've played them all. No matter how many 'variations' of the FPS theme there are, whether you're fighting aliens, Nazis or the undead, it's all the same. Blow them all away until you get to the end of the game and try not to get killed too much along the way.

Sure, some of the games may have some unique weaponry and what not, but it's all the damned same imo. Well, except maybe Strangers Wrath, but I'm not even sure that was a FPS in the sense of the term.

Same with 2-D fighters in many cases, where you fight and defend, fight and defend.

This is why I like the free roaming sandbox games so much, since most times I'm allowed to go anywhere and do almost anything and each one has new things for me to do(in most cases).

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Preach.

Also, lets stop this whole " overated" noise. Why can't it just be " I liked the game" or " i didn't like the game"?[/quote]
Okay.I didnt like the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I still say if you've played one FPS, you've played them all. No matter how many 'variations' of the FPS theme there are, whether you're fighting aliens, Nazis or the undead, it's all the same. Blow them all away until you get to the end of the game and try not to get killed too much along the way.

Sure, some of the games may have some unique weaponry and what not, but it's all the damned same imo. Well, except maybe Strangers Wrath, but I'm not even sure that was a FPS in the sense of the term.

Same with 2-D fighters in many cases, where you fight and defend, fight and defend.

This is why I like the free roaming sandbox games so much, since most times I'm allowed to go anywhere and do almost anything and each one has new things for me to do(in most cases).[/QUOTE]

Using that logic, you might as well not play any game ever except Super Mario Bros., Wolfenstein 3d, Tetris, and any other genre creating games, since everything afterwards was just 'more of the same'.

I sold mine before i got my 360 becus i thought i wasn't going to play them, ended up buying them again in less then 6 months. Classics in my book

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Using that logic, you might as well not play any game ever except Super Mario Bros., Wolfenstein 3d, Tetris, and any other genre creating games, since everything afterwards was just 'more of the same'.[/quote]

Nah, it's only mainly 2-D fighters and FPS's I dislike. Otherwise, I would be stuck in the 'old' gens. I find myself playing my Genesis I rebought alot more than my Xbox or PS2 anymore anyway, so maybe I should just stick to the 'older' stuff.

bread's done
Back