Just Talked to Coorporate Best Buy!!!

tholly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Alight, I just called to complain about the whole $5 game switched to 10% off thing. I luckly received 2 of my 6 games, but thats it. So I called to try and get better results. This is what the lady had to say.

If everyone that tried to buy these games would have limited their purchases to one of every title then we would have never noticed the problem and most likely everyone would have got 1 copy of every game they ordered. The only reason that your order was stopped, like everyone elses, was due to the thousands of people who ordered multiple copies. Most people that ordered more that one copy ordered 100s of copies of every title and this put up a flag in our system and we were able to find the problem.

So I just want to say this: THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WERE GREEDY....you ruined this deal on not only yourselves, but everyone else. Next time you see a deal only order 1 or 2 of each so everyone has a chance to get them.

Thanks again.

I really don't see how this is possible, the website only let me order 1 or 2 max on the games, there was no way to order 100 copies of a game, they just want to use that as an excuse.

I got my Medal of Honor game today. My credit card is also showing a $5.30 credit (the cost of the game). If Bestbuy charges me full price for my game which was shipped to me BEFORE they cancelled any orders I'll be extremely pissed.

[quote name='joey12169']I really don't see how this is possible, the website only let me order 1 or 2 max on the games, there was no way to order 100 copies of a game, they just want to use that as an excuse.[/quote]

Is it possible that you were ordering when their stock was running out and some kind of automatic inventory-management system kicked in?

I know some sites limit order sizes when the stock begins to run low; maybe Best Buy did the same thing.

Yes...thank you to all the Idiots...Yes u are an Idiot..for buying up more than you needed to, you greedy little $#*Ts...Anyway I got my $5 splinter cell, But I feel bad for those who couldnt take advantage of this great deal.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Is it possible that you were ordering when their stock was running out and some kind of automatic inventory-management system kicked in?[/quote]

At any other retailer, sure. At best buy - automatic inventory management? Naah.

is anyone really going to tell the truth on that poll? obviously the people who ordered 20 or hundreds of copies are most likely dealers that have money to throw around, not cheap ass gamers like ourselves

I order 3 different games, I did the pick up option on 2 of them no problem, the 3rd was Splinter cell and they cancelled it. I could see where people who didn't do the pick up option would be pissed. Unfortunatly it is not really worth fighting, or else you could get them on false advertisement.

They accepted payment.

They shipped the item, and I recieved it today.

That sale is complete.

Now, after the transaction is complete, they may go and charge me more money. Please explain to me why that isn't "really worth fighting."

1 Order of 1, 1 order of 2. Got both orders yesterday. Of course i noticed the little blooper, so i feel really bad for all the crap that came afterwords. Of course if i hadnt of posted it, somebody at FW or whatnot would have found it, and then no one here would have goten a game or two.

[quote name='sman113']is anyone really going to tell the truth on that poll? obviously the people who ordered 20 or hundreds of copies are most likely dealers that have money to throw around, not cheap ass gamers like ourselves[/quote]

How do you think dealers find deals like this....they come to this site and others like it.

tholly, which is why the forums and deals should be only viewable for people who register, and cheapy should actively ban anyone who buys multiple copies of games. I do report people who do this now.

[quote name='outkastx']Why should he ban people for buying multiple copies? I always buy one to open and one for speculation...[/quote]

Yea, one to open and one to keep.....thats only 2..not a big deal....but the people that buy huge amounts cheat everyone else. They take all the copies so people dont have the chance to get a copy, or as I said in my 1st post, cause the company to notice a problem.

[quote name='lurknomore']Beware the lurker...those are the real culprits.[/quote]

Yea, those are the people that take advantage of a forum for what it has to offer and never provides any input and do nothing to make the forum better.

ok...so some bastards tried to buy a few too many of a game, which then puts a flag up for BB to fix an ERROR.

i actually see that as a good thing.

When BB puts skies of arcadia at 9.99 and then saels out of them WAY too fast, then its mildly upsetting.

Thats a bad thing.

Get po'd for the right reason, please.

give the needy some of the greedy...

I gave my friend a copy of Hitman 2. Wow I feel so good, because he doesn't have a credit card in his family, so he couldn't have taken advantage :)

This is why I didnt even bother with this deal. BestBuy cancels orders like this on a regular basis.

It's too bad that some of you werent able to get in on the system error.

I have yet to actually do one of this special purchases. I'm fine with it, I just keep doing the
EB trade-in or the CC Sale...and I helped some people by showing them the list at CC. So if anyone else lives in Jacksonville, more people know about the sale. That's the point right? To help others?
Anyways, there sure seems to be a lot of hate and
discontent towards BB online...if anymore deals come out at BB is it even worth it to try getting it if it might be canceled?

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Anyways, there sure seems to be a lot of hate and
discontent towards BB online...if anymore deals come out at BB is it even worth it to try getting it if it might be canceled?[/quote]

Yes. They shipped 3 of my 4 games (one copy each).
Best Buy sucks when it comes to backordered shit but as far as in-stock I haven't really had problems yet.

bread's done
Back