Just What the World Wanted: 60 Year Old Sylvester Stallone Making Rocky VI

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
Stallone squares up for Rocky VI
By Richard Simpson, Daily Mail
13 October 2005

His last bout was with his protègèturned-rival Tommy Gunn in Rocky V.

Now, more than 15 years on - and 30 years since first putting on his boxing gloves - Rocky Balboa is making another comeback.

Hollywood sources confirmed last night that Sylvester Stallone has agreed to star in the sixth instalment of the Rocky saga.

Filming starts in Los Angeles in December and Stallone, who will turn 60 next year, is also lined up to direct.

A spokesman from the star's agent Paul Bloch said: 'There is a script, but it has yet to get the green light.'

This is industry-speak for Stallone being in advanced talks, but having yet to officially announce his commitment to the project.

In Rocky VI, a lonely, poverty-stricken Balboa comes out of retirement and looks to keep his hand in with a few low-profile fights.

But his return to the ring causes a media frenzy and a promoter comes up with the idea that he should fight the heavyweight champion, Mason 'The Line' Dixon.

Stallone is understood to have been back in the gym in preparation for the role.

Although the film is to be made in Los Angeles, it is unclear whether it will be set in Rocky's hometown of Philadelphia. The supporting cast has not been announced.

Rocky will signal something of a renaissance for 59-year- old Stallone, who will turn 60 during filming, and comes as he attempts to revive his other career-defining role, Rambo.

The fourth film in that series is currently in pre-production and will also be produced by Stallone.

The actor became one of Hollywood's highest-paid leading men as the monosyllabic Rocky.

For the first film, in 1976, he was paid just £15,000. But for each sequel he got a huge pay rise - and for Rocky V he earned £10million.

His last role was a cameo in last year's Sky Kids 3. Previously, he had failed to set the box office alight with D-Tox, Driven and the remake of Get Carter.

Link

This is like something out of an Onion article. I .... I.... I'm at a loss for words.

I was hoping for a Rocky VI and VII where he wins a last championship like George Foreman for part VI, and then trains his son to win it in Part VII ... that was over 10 years ago :p

i checked IMDB because i've never heard of D-Tox (probably a good thing) and apparantly he's working on Rambo IV too

this reminds me of when i saw him on Conan a loonnnnngggg time ago where he said that if he ever was running out of money and his movies were crapping out, he' just throw on the boxing gloves and bandana

can't wait for Rockey 9 where they film it all at a retirement home........ and then Rocky 10: Bathroom Adventures....... where they chronicle his adventures of making it to the bathroom before he pisses his pants

I thought there were only 4 Rocky movies, my mind is telling me that?

p.s. I know there was a fifth, but I just cleared that part of my memory out, because Rocky V never happened.

this guys been trying to make another rocky for years the studio has blocked him in doing so due to the fact that he refused to let some major corperate executives son for the movie studio produce the movie .

There have been a few scrips this one sounds unrealistic and stupid the best one I heard of was the one that centered around a father son relationship and he dies in the end taking out the corrupt mike tyson style fighter who drags his son out of the ring and beats him by kicking him and fighting dirty.

Also the last rocky made stalone was also suposed to die in the end but they changed the script .

Rambo has gotten the run around to last time i heard there was a jungle style rambo that included jackie chan then they scrapped that idea and they were going to make one like first blood where rambo works for the united nations and takes on terrorists and his adopted son is involved in the terrorism.

Goodluck with that crap tho i may still see it.:cool:

It sounds like the George Forman story...

Now RAMBO i want to see! But it has to be that whole 80's super violence going on or it'll just blow.

Rocky VI is way way way ooooooollllllllddddd news. Beeen around for a lloooooooonnnnnnggggg tiiiiiiimmmmme on the net and even not on the net. And I don't much care to see it.

Rambo on the other hand would be fun if they did it in the classic way as Deadpool pointed out.

just got through playing rocky legends. actually makes me care about the next Rocky. maybe he'll actually lose again in this one.

haha. they should make his opponents as he fights his way back up the contestants from The Contender.

I'm actually looking forward to this. He's a very capable writer/director and I can't wait to see what he does with his (intentionally) low budget. He can definitely tap into the psyche of the average folk with this film - aging, needing money, taking risks, not being what you used to be, etc....

I think they should Feature Sylvester, Mr. T, and Srgt. Slaughter...and instead of boxing, they should have a steel cage match...of course it will be very staged...because at the end Dolph Lungren and Jean-Claude come from out of the crowd and dish out a fucking hell of a beat down on all three.

[quote name='wildnuts02']I'm actually looking forward to this. He's a very capable writer/director and I can't wait to see what he does with his (intentionally) low budget. He can definitely tap into the psyche of the average folk with this film - aging, needing money, taking risks, not being what you used to be, etc....[/QUOTE]

A capable director?

Director - filmography
(In Production) (1980s) (1970s)
Notorious (2006) (announced)
Poe (2006) (pre-production)

Rocky IV (1985)
Staying Alive (1983)
Rocky III (1982)

Rocky II (1979)
Paradise Alley (1978)

Writer..

Notorious (2006) (announced) (written by)
Poe (2006) (pre-production)

Driven (2001) (screenplay)
... aka À toute vitesse (Canada: French title)

Cliffhanger (1993) (screenplay)
... aka Cliffhanger - l'ultima sfida (Italy)
... aka Cliffhanger, traque au sommet (France)
Rocky V (1990) (written by)

Rambo III (1989) (VG) (screenplay)
Rambo III (1988) (written by)
Over the Top (1987) (screenplay)
... aka Meet Me Half Way (USA)
Cobra (1986) (screenplay)
Rocky IV (1985) (written by)
Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985) (screenplay)
Rhinestone (1984) (screenplay)
Staying Alive (1983) (written by)
First Blood (1982)
... aka Rambo: First Blood
Rocky III (1982) (written by)

Rocky II (1979) (written by)
Paradise Alley (1978)
F.I.S.T (1978) (screenplay)
Rocky (1976) (written by)
The Lord's of Flatbush (1974)
... aka The Lords of Flatbush (USA: poster title)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Rocky VI is way way way ooooooollllllllddddd news. Beeen around for a lloooooooonnnnnnggggg tiiiiiiimmmmme on the net and even not on the net. And I don't much care to see it.

Rambo on the other hand would be fun if they did it in the classic way as Deadpool pointed out.[/QUOTE]

Seems kind of odd for you to be pointing something out as old news. :lol:

Personally I think they should have stopped after 2 ...

I was kinda looking forward to a new Rambo, till I heard a rough story outline. Rambo is domesticated, has a desk job, wife and daughter. Daughter is kidnapped by some area militia, Rambo goes nuts and kills a bunch of people to save her.

As for Rocky VI, Sly himself released part of the script in his magazine (I don't think it made it past issue #2). In it, Adrian is dead, Rocky owns a restaurant, his son works for some firm, and Pauly is still a deadbeat. The champ can't get any respect since boxing is virtually a dead sport (kinda like today) and wants to coax Rocky into a fight to prove that he's the real deal. Or as much as a real deal can be for beating a 60 year old man who hasn't fought in 15 years and is out of his prime for almost 20.

Sound interesting yet????

[quote name='fieldkillah']I cant wait for rocky VII: Adrian's revenge[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Thats the first thing that came to my mind.

bread's done
Back