K-Mart-(5/23-5/29)-Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 get another Wii Mario game for $14.99(ac)

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I just got the K-Mart ad for next week(5/23-5/29) and it seems if you pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $49.99 they will give you a $30.00 off coupon good on the other Mario titled Wii games. There are 5 titles listed that the coupon will work on and they are also all on sale for $44.99. So take the $30.00 coupon off and end up paying $14.99 plus your local tax.

Titles Listed
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. Mario Kart Wii(with wheel)
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Mario Party 8
5. Mario Super Sluggers

EDIT:
Also listed

UFC 2010-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free T-Shirt

Blur-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free unlockable code for a chrome BMW

[quote name='Masterkyo']I think Gamestop have better deal. Mario Galaxy 2 $50, New Super Mario Bros $35 and Harvest Moon: TOT $20 - 25DEAL & SAVER Coupon = Under $85 Shipped - $30 Coupon for Later = $55.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has the same deal also.

[quote name='worshipsf']Weird, I didn't know 25DEAL worked at Amazon too! :roll:[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice the harvest moon.

On amazon you can get Mario Galaxy and NSMB for 84.97 shipped and also get a 30 dollar video game credit.

Going to take advantage of this to finally get Mario Kart. Even two years later I have rarely ever seen that game go below $40. Hopefully I don't have to jump through hoops to get this deal since someone I know had trouble getting FF13 for $30 the day that deal started.

[quote name='Robotuner']I want to know if this is a coupon that we have to use on two separate orders, or is it BG deal. I hope its a coupon because then I can get my employee discount, and use a $5 off $50 coupon and get SMG2 and NSMB for about $55![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'll need to make two separate transactions, since the coupon prints off the receipt for SMG2.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Hopefully I don't have to jump through hoops to get this deal since someone I know had trouble getting FF13 for $30 the day that deal started.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't have any trouble. This deal, unlike the one you mention is actually in the ad. And the K-Mart I went too actually had signage up (although admittingly it's a different store since I moved between this deal and the last deal). Only trouble you should have is waiting on somebody to actually show up.

Price matched at Best Buy. My buddy got Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Wii, and I opted to get the game and a $30 gift card, in addition to the 500 gamer zone bonus points for buying the game. My friend paid $70 after tax for the two games, and after a $20 rz cert, I paid $30 for the game and $30 gift card.

[quote name='kudu91']Bad deal imo, most people who wanted those games already have them. If it was $30 off any game, it would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
That's you're opinion and it's unfortunately wrong. Just because you have all of those games doesn't make the deal bad, it just doesn't appeal to you although it should because you could very likely get two copies of Galaxy 2 and swap the extra one out for a full $50.

I'm actually considering this, but I never play my Wii anymore and haven't bought a game in two years for it. I love the original Galaxy though and I never bought New Super Mario Bros. so I might just get on this deal.

[quote name='Maskim']Price matched at Best Buy. My buddy got Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Wii, and I opted to get the game and a $30 gift card, in addition to the 500 gamer zone bonus points for buying the game. My friend paid $70 after tax for the two games, and after a $20 rz cert, I paid $30 for the game and $30 gift card.[/QUOTE]
Which Best Buy did you pricematched at?

Sounds to be good deal. But it's really hard to continue with those. I don't know actually will it be beneficial or not.
o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Came out with SMG2 and Kart for $68. Between these 2 and Monster Hunter my Wii is actually getting some use again. :)

The neckbeard who couldn't actually put two brain cells together to say no shook his head to say they didn't have Galaxy 2 in stock. Have to try another K-Mart tonight or tomorrow I guess.

Came into Beaverton OR Kmart at 8am.
After waiting 35 mins I walked out with SMG2 & Mario Kart Wii for $64.98.

The guy in electronics "Daniel" Didn't know about the sale, and had no idea where the 17 copies of SMG2 were located as they were not in the case. :cry:

Spent 95% of my time in there watching "Daniel" check everywhere, bring out a cage of electronics, and still not finding it on that. :dunce:

Then he started answering the phone and helping other customers, all the while never saying anything to me like "sorry this is taking so long". After ringing someone up that came in 15 minutes after me, all of a sudden he had my copy. At the end of the transaction he again never said sorry for this taking WAY longer then it has to do. :whistle2:(

This Kmart in Beaverton never is ready for these sales, I don't know what the problem is, staffing? managment? :whistle2:k

But because we have Reps for the company in these boards I hope my feedback about this store is heard??

In fact if there is a better place or e-mail to forward this info too I would like to know

Between this sale, and the $29.99 sale on MW2 I spent 1 hour and 20 mins in this store buying stuff that should have taken 10 mins total.

BTW both times I was the first person at the door, so its not like the employees were busy with anybody before me.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Came into Beaverton OR Kmart at 8am.
After waiting 35 mins I walked out with SMG2 & Mario Kart Wii for $64.98.

The guy in electronics "Daniel" Didn't know about the sale, and had no idea where the 17 copies of SMG2 were located as they were not in the case. :cry:

Spent 95% of my time in there watching "Daniel" check everywhere, bring out a cage of electronics, and still not finding it on that. :dunce:

Then he started answering the phone and helping other customers, all the while never saying anything to me like "sorry this is taking so long". After ringing someone up that came in 15 minutes after me, all of a sudden he had my copy. At the end of the transaction he again never said sorry for this taking WAY longer then it has to do. :whistle2:(

This Kmart in Beaverton never is ready for these sales, I don't know what the problem is, staffing? managment? :whistle2:k

But because we have Reps for the company in these boards I hope my feedback about this store is heard??

In fact if there is a better place or e-mail to forward this info too I would like to know

Between this sale, and the $29.99 sale on MW2 I spent 1 hour and 20 mins in this store buying stuff that should have taken 10 mins total.

BTW both times I was the first person at the door, so its not like the employees were busy with anybody before me.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's a communication issue. There's so much shit going on for a bottom level employee to be on top of it seems unlikely.

[quote name='YawnAmuroYawn']It's a communication issue. Off topic, but when I worked retail, I use to hate customers like yourself.[/QUOTE]

Wow you hated customers that expected an advertised sale to be ready when the store opens??? No wonder you don't work in retail anymore, you don't have any understanding of customer service.

Nice edit BTW

[quote name='YawnAmuroYawn']It's a communication issue. Off topic, but when I worked retail, I use to hate customers like yourself.[/QUOTE]
In all fairness, the Beaverton K Mart is garbage. It's not just that they didn't have their sh** together, but this example is very everyday for that store, like they never have it together, at least when I used to live in that area a few years ago.

[quote name='Maskim']In all fairness, the Beaverton K Mart is garbage. It's not just that they didn't have their sh** together, but this example is very everyday for that store, like they never have it together, at least when I used to live in that area a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Maskim for backing me up about the Beaverton Kmart, maybe if enough of us speak up about that store something will finally be done about it.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Thank you Maskim for backing me up about the Beaverton Kmart, maybe if enough of us speak up about that store something will finally be done about it.[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't be so bad if they'd mop the floors once in a while. Like I said, it's been a few years, but the last time I was in that store there was a huge stain in the soda aisle, which I'm certain was from the spill I saw in the same spot some 3 months earlier.

I like this deal if I can get NSMB and trade it at GS where it still goes for $25 before you take into account the extra 40% trade special (30% bonus + 10% Edge) and that would make it worth $35 total and you would get almost $20 extra credit for this quick flip.

So has anyone had any lucky buying SMG 2, using the coupon on another game then returning SMG 2? Spare me the "return fraud" BS please, some of us are downright cheap as hell gamers.

I was going to wait on Mario Galaxy 2 since I bought Dragon Age a few days ago, but fuck this brings NSMB Wii into my under $20 price range in which I would buy it at. I may just have to bite this week, thanks OP.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']So has anyone had any lucky buying SMG 2, using the coupon on another game then returning SMG 2? Spare me the "return fraud" BS please, some of us are downright cheap as hell gamers.[/QUOTE]

You could shoplift it, that's even cheaper. Anyhow, good luck. It's Kmart, anything's possible.

For the people complaining about workers not being aware of sale at opening...

Employees for the most don't get to see the ads until they are in effect. If you get there at 8am they aren't going to know about it because they haven't even gotten a chance to look at it yet.

But even if they had, it's not their responsibility to memorize the whole ad. we have access to this info well before normal workers and if you know it's in the ad...show them. Stop getting all upset about it. Especially if you are there right at opening. Give them a break.

[quote name='slfc']You could shoplift it, that's even cheaper. Anyhow, good luck. It's Kmart, anything's possible.[/QUOTE]
I would but those glass cases are like rocks...

[quote name='UberNinjaz']So has anyone had any lucky buying SMG 2, using the coupon on another game then returning SMG 2? Spare me the "return fraud" BS please, some of us are downright cheap as hell gamers.[/QUOTE]

I'll spare you the return fraud stuff, but I will ask that you look up "tact".

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'll spare you the return fraud stuff, but I will ask that you look up "tact".[/QUOTE]

you assume he knows how to use a dictionary.

I'm sure the deal is setup so that when you buy SMG2, they'll discount SMG2 by the price of the coupon so that if you return just SMG2, you'll only get back the discounted price. To prevent ppl from abusing, *cough*you*cough*.

[quote name='confoosious']you assume he knows how to use a dictionary.[/QUOTE]
Do you get your kicks off pointlessly flaming other people?

Nevermind, scratch that. It's obvious you do...

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Do you get your kicks off pointlessly flaming other people?

Nevermind, scratch that. It's obvious you do...[/QUOTE]

No, I get my kicks off flaming douchebags like you who think it's cool to cheat people and companies out of money just because you're too stupid and trashy to do things the right way. I can only imagine the upbringing you had.

The one good that comes out of this is that the SHC rep understands how losers like you cheat the system so he can proactively and preemptively (look those up) make sure the deals he works hard on creating aren't exploited by the likes of you.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']For the people complaining about workers not being aware of sale at opening...

Employees for the most don't get to see the ads until they are in effect. If you get there at 8am they aren't going to know about it because they haven't even gotten a chance to look at it yet.

But even if they had, it's not their responsibility to memorize the whole ad. we have access to this info well before normal workers and if you know it's in the ad...show them. Stop getting all upset about it. Especially if you are there right at opening. Give them a break.[/QUOTE]

A few notes to this...

First I showed the employee the ad when I walked in, after realizing he didn't know what I was talking about.

Second if it sounded like I was saying this was all the employees fault, I'm sorry, I have been in the position personally as an employee of not having an ad in my hand when a store opened.
When this happens it is almost always an issue with management ether not training employees right, or store policy getting in the way.

IMO If a store opens at 8am, then 8am should NOT be the time they are asked to come in. Every company I've worked for that cares about customer service has their employees arrive 30 mins to an hour before opening AT LEAST.

This way the employee and their AOR (Area of Responsibility) are ready for the day.

Third this was the employee in charge of Electronics that morning, not some pulled from another department. I wouldn't expect him to memorize the entire ad, but maybe the 2 pages of items from your department wouldn't be too much to ask?
Anyways who ever manages this Beaverton Kmart's electronics department should have had the games ready the night before, or at least had your employee come in early to prepare.

Long story short (I know "too late") something needs to be done about this store, and I'm trying to get the feedback to a place that matters.

Ended up going to Kmart today and picking up SMG2 and Mario Kart Wii for about $70 after two transactions. Hardest part was finding someone to get the games out for me, otherwise wasn't a problem getting the promos to work. Thanks OP.

Yeah. They took back SMG 2 and gave a full cash refund $55 for it. Now I'm keeping SMBros 2 since it cost a mere $15 plus tax! The return went very smooth.

[quote name='GCrusher']Yeah. They took back SMG 2 and gave a full cash refund $55 for it. Now I'm keeping SMBros 2 since it cost a mere $15 plus tax! The return went very smooth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well enjoy it. If people start abusing the offers SHC creates, then there will be fewer deals for everyone. Not sure what stores pay for games, but I'm sure the profit was small if they didn't go into the red on your transaction. Don't ruin these deals for everyone.

The problem is the way they did it created two receipts which would make it very easy to do what was done. If the deal required both purchases on the same transaction it would have seriously deterred returns.

Don't think these gaming coupons are gonna work out. They should go to gift cards so the game can be rung up as $20 and the gift card at $30 ala TRU. Then again, Kmart might not want to give out gift cards you can use on anything so every time somebody screws them, it lessens the chance we will get deals at all in the future.

[quote name='confoosious']No, I get my kicks off flaming douchebags like you who think it's cool to cheat people and companies out of money just because you're too stupid and trashy to do things the right way. I can only imagine the upbringing you had.

The one good that comes out of this is that the SHC rep understands how losers like you cheat the system so he can proactively and preemptively (look those up) make sure the deals he works hard on creating aren't exploited by the likes of you.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I'm new to the Wii, i recently rented and enjoyed Galaxy but haven't finished it. I was wondering which would be the best? I'm 99% sure I don't want Mario Party and Sluggers, but how are the others?

Thanks.

Just came back from Target (yes, I'm well aware this is a KMart thread), and they are also running a similar promotion. Basically, buy SMG2 @ $50, and get $20 off another Wii Mario game (full MSRP though). Just saying in case some folks here prefer Target or have no KMarts near-by.

[quote name='GCrusher']Yeah. They took back SMG 2 and gave a full cash refund $55 for it. Now I'm keeping SMBros 2 since it cost a mere $15 plus tax! The return went very smooth.[/QUOTE]

You should be banned from ever using this site again.

[quote name='CyReN']I'm new to the Wii, i recently rented and enjoyed Galaxy but haven't finished it. I was wondering which would be the best? I'm 99% sure I don't want Mario Party and Sluggers, but how are the others?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

All of those games are great, but the best value for your money (game time vs price) would be either New super mario brothers wii, or Super mario galaxy, both are great games, but if you have multiple controllers and friends, Smash brothers is also a great investment, hell its a great game even if you just play it by yourself.

[quote name='GCrusher']Enough. Keep your pants on.[/QUOTE]
Personal suggestion; probably not a good idea to post that you are utilizing any type of return fraud on a forum I am watching.

[quote name='Gden']All of those games are great, but the best value for your money (game time vs price) would be either New super mario brothers wii, or Super mario galaxy, both are great games, but if you have multiple controllers and friends, Smash brothers is also a great investment, hell its a great game even if you just play it by yourself.[/QUOTE]

I wish Smash brothers would have been part of this deal :cry:

[quote name='confoosious']No, I get my kicks off flaming douchebags like you who think it's cool to cheat people and companies out of money just because you're too stupid and trashy to do things the right way. I can only imagine the upbringing you had.

The one good that comes out of this is that the SHC rep understands how losers like you cheat the system so he can proactively and preemptively (look those up) make sure the deals he works hard on creating aren't exploited by the likes of you.[/QUOTE]
You have stock in Kmart? No? Then cut the white knighting crap, buddy.

bread's done
Back