K-MART : Alone in the DARK $10 YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
So I walked into K-mart today and found the 12 month XBL kit with Robotron, UNO, 12 month XBL gold, 200 Gamerpoints, Headset and Camera for 8.00 bucks.

Then I found a copy of Alone in the Dark for 10 bucks. (At least somebody bought it right?) =D

Here's the pics and receipt below.

recieptsik9.gif

photove2.jpg

You could've given me 10 dollars to smash your junk with a sledgehammer and you probably would've had the same effect after playing the game for 30 minutes or so.

Atleast you could sell it and make some money off it after you realize how terrible it is. :D

[quote name='$hady']Was it marked $10 or rang up $10?
worth scanning a UPC on the scanner![/QUOTE]

Yes, please enlighten us. Were you actually going to buy Alone in the Dark anyways?

its funny, yesterday i went to CC to get new rockbadn dumsticks and a soda..... the cashier only charged me 2 dollars for the drink but didnt charge for the 10 dollar drumsticks!!

maybe it was the international "be a stupid cashier day"

All time record to the bargain bin goes to Alone in the Dark.

Thanks OP, I'll try to leave early to work to check this.

...might be worth the flip. Anyway, good find man. If word gets out I can see someone getting a sever reprimanding from their superior!

Doubt it was an accident. Looks like someone knew the cashier at the store and got them to ring up a price override resulting in a savings of $50. Chances are, this will be caught in a store audit and the cashier will have to answer for it. Of course, maybe they don't care.

Yeah, I just saw the over ride tick. Also, why did he blank out the cashiers number on the first receipt but not the second?

Oper 0074.

[quote name='Persona7']Yeah, I just saw the over ride tick. Also, why did he blank out the cashiers number on the first receipt but not the second?

Oper 0074.[/QUOTE]

diff cashier maybe? they were purchased 12 minutes apart.

i would think it would say something about a $50 override on the the ticket.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']diff cashier maybe? they were purchased 12 minutes apart.

i would think it would say something about a $50 override on the the ticket.[/quote]

Hard to tell since the cashier ID number is cross off on the AitD receipt. I'm going to hop on the "override" bandwagon and say whether it was an inside discount or a pricing sign error and correction discount, it's a long shot.

I hope you bought more than one cause many cag members are willing to pay for shipping for that game if you are to resell it at cost for a good cost...
then again, you could craig$list it or ebay it too...

[quote name='Mookyjooky']So I walked into K-mart today and found the 12 month XBL kit with Robotron, UNO, 12 month XBL gold, 200 Gamerpoints, Headset and Camera for 8.00 bucks.

Then I found a copy of Alone in the Dark for 10 bucks. (At least somebody bought it right?) =D

recieptsik9.gif

photove2.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']That O on the receipt (to the left of the price) means someone overrode it for the $9.99.[/quote]

Not saying it didn't happen, but if you look, part of the title is screwy looking because it looks like the receipt was wadded up. That could very well be a D and after the crinkling doesn't look right. I personally don't it was an override, I just think it was a stupid inventory mistake.

Scans as Alone in the Dark $59.99 when I scanned the barcode I mentioned in my earlier post.

I did however find the M$ 360 wireless gaming receiver that lets you use your 360 controller on your PC.. Normally $19.99 shelf hanger said $10, price checker said $2. My pack of Extra fruit sensation gum cost almost what the receiver cost. :D

REALLLLLLLY wanted on of those 12 month XBL Vision packs, i'd have bit at the first $29.99 clearance sticker!

WOW that is crazy! :shock: The two Kmart's I went to in Phoenix didn't even have the 12 month bundle at all. I saw there clearance section had no games in it :cry:

[quote name='$hady']Scans as Alone in the Dark $59.99 when I scanned the barcode I mentioned in my earlier post.

I did however find the M$ 360 wireless gaming receiver that lets you use your 360 controller on your PC.. Normally $19.99 shelf hanger said $10, price checker said $2. My pack of Extra fruit sensation gum cost almost what the receiver cost. :D

REALLLLLLLY wanted on of those 12 month XBL Vision packs, i'd have bit at the first $29.99 clearance sticker![/QUOTE]

What's up $hady? A little weird to see the main Kmart I frequent at the top of that receipt. :)

I picked up the two bundles at that Kmart back when they were $20 each...I need to see if I can sweet talk them into refunding me the difference from the drop to $8...

[quote name='Mookyjooky']So I walked into K-mart today and found the 12 month XBL kit with Robotron, UNO, 12 month XBL gold, 200 Gamerpoints, Headset and Camera for 8.00 bucks.

recieptsik9.gif

photove2.jpg
[/quote]

I thought all receipts had the "replacement plan" section directly below the receipt number? The one on the right does, and the one from my last visit to K-Mart does, but the one with Alone in the Dark doesn't. Also, why remove the price tag from the game?

It's alright either way. Good for you if you actually got the game at $10, man, but apparently a lot of people are having troubles with it. Too bad it wasn't $10 for the Wii version.

[quote name='backwards_compatible']What's up $hady? A little weird to see the main Kmart I frequent at the top of that receipt. :)

I picked up the two bundles at that Kmart back when they were $20 each...I need to see if I can sweet talk them into refunding me the difference from the drop to $8...[/quote]

Hey neighbor, I hit up the Erlanger Kmart on the way back from Chinese food and not a thing in site AND all the damn scanners ripped off the walls. They had a few clearance titles, nothing good but I didn't have a list...

I haven't stepped in the Florence Kmart in MONTHS, I was lost and couldn't find the games since they moved um... Highlight of the trip was some young but delicious brunette working up front. Oh my I was bout to holla at her but i'm to old... Well she's to young.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back