K-Mart Borderlands 360 29.99 YMMV

gameboy280

CAGiversary!
Just got back from my K-mart in Toledo Oh, picked up borderlands for 360. It was in their lock up case marked 29.99 had to talk to manager to have them agree to price. At first they didnt want to but once the BBB was brought up the manager folded and gave me the price =)

Note* the PS3 was marked correctly.

There's no way anyone else could get this matched. This should be in the bragging section instead of the deals section.

Damn. I need to find a way to scrounge up 30 bucks. I go to school at the University of Toledo so I might check this out. Its probably fixed by now though

any time you have to get a manager to get it approved for you, it really isnt a ymmv. unless someone else can confirm this, this thread should probably be moved to the deals discussion section

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']This deal is like saying "$20 bills found in street, YMMV"[/QUOTE]
LOL, I actually laughed out loud at the thought of this.

[quote name='gameboy280']No this was the actual price tag that was posted on the game not the shelf tag.[/QUOTE]

at the same time, you said the manager didn't want to sell it.

Ya, they had 3 in the cage everyone marked 29.99 - my friend did the same thing at our other kmart across town so I dunno if was a mistake but 2 k-marts in toledo area had them marked 29.99

So what might have happened is a price update or something was sent out (obviously in error) and Kmart employees just posted it. I'd say this will probably get updated by tomorrow (if they do price updates on the weekends) so head out asap to pick it up.

Good catch OP and happy hunting fellow CAGs.

ae35sp.jpg

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']This deal is like saying "$20 bills found in street, YMMV"[/QUOTE]

That's the way I feel about all YMMV'S. Its like oh they made a mistake. Maybe the workers at yours will be stupid enough to take someones word, and price match it... Yeah I'm sure that will work. Basically the OP got lucky. I wish I would. :bomb:

[quote name='gameboy280']Just got back from my K-mart in Toledo Oh, picked up borderlands for 360. It was in their lock up case marked 29.99 had to talk to manager to have them agree to price. At first they didnt want to but once the BBB was brought up the manager folded and gave me the price =)

Note* the PS3 was marked correctly.[/QUOTE]

Its funny that he folded after you mentioned the better business bureau. Last I checked, they didn't have any power to do anything.

I like the fact that it appears as though you took advantage of a pricing error and then felt the good will to donate a buck to St. Jude's. (No sarcasm intended) Bonus karma.

Just got back from my Kmart, and they were not marked for this price for any of the systems. It was probably just a pricing error and I can't believe you actually bring up the BBB to try and get a sale price. What a complete dork you are.

The Office of Weights and Measures would probably be the agency to report them to (at least in California).

[quote name='Squarehard']Just got back from my Kmart, and they were not marked for this price for any of the systems. It was probably just a pricing error and I can't believe you actually bring up the BBB to try and get a sale price. What a complete dork you are.[/QUOTE]

a complete dork who just got borderlands for $30...

It isn't dumb that he would have reported them to the BBB or threatened them with it. What some of you don't realize is that a lot of these store managers and associates straighten up and follow the old adage of "The customer is always right" when a boss bigger than them is brought into the picture. The guy had balls, whereas many other people would have just said "Oh well... thanks anyway" or "Yeah, that price did seem off."

[quote name='gameboy280']Just got back from my K-mart in Toledo Oh, picked up borderlands for 360. It was in their lock up case marked 29.99 had to talk to manager to have them agree to price. At first they didnt want to but once the BBB was brought up the manager folded and gave me the price =)

In most places a posted prices is an offer to sell. I know a lot of people think that if it is posted, it's their "right" to get it at that price. If you the price is incorrect than and you are not happy, you have a "right" not to buy it. Lots of retailers adjust the price so they will continue to get your business.

The BBB just makes sure they don't change the price on advertised sales or discriminate against you. The manager probably just didn't want to argue with you.

[quote name='reddjoey']In most places a posted prices is an offer to sell. I know a lot of people think that if it is posted, it's their "right" to get it at that price. If you the price is incorrect than and you are not happy, you have a "right" not to buy it. Lots of retailers adjust the price so they will continue to get your business.

The BBB just makes sure they don't change the price on advertised sales or discriminate against you. The manager probably just didn't want to argue with you.[/QUOTE]

Amen. :applause:

Bringing up the BBB on a pricing error like this just shows how much of dick you really are.

[quote name='mi.glenn']It isn't dumb that he would have reported them to the BBB or threatened them with it. What some of you don't realize is that a lot of these store managers and associates straighten up and follow the old adage of "The customer is always right" when a boss bigger than them is brought into the picture. The guy had balls, whereas many other people would have just said "Oh well... thanks anyway" or "Yeah, that price did seem off."[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between "having balls" and just being a jerk. The manager just wanted to get rid of him since he obviously wouldn't let it go the way that a normal person would.

Haha nice find! I paid $60 AND got the strat guide and feel it's worth every damn penny. Not cheapass at all but DAMMIT I love this game!

[quote name='mi.glenn']It isn't dumb that he would have reported them to the BBB or threatened them with it. What some of you don't realize is that a lot of these store managers and associates straighten up and follow the old adage of "The customer is always right" when a boss bigger than them is brought into the picture. The guy had balls, whereas many other people would have just said "Oh well... thanks anyway" or "Yeah, that price did seem off."[/QUOTE]

In situations like these, they just don't get my business then. You're just perpetuating the idea that they just have to please some customers only if they complain to the manager about it. Just because they get one person who brings it up, I doubt its going to change how they do business. Its not like all of a sudden they just see the light and then repent for their terrible past business sins and they have to fly straight now. Yeah, it really takes guts to threaten people. I think it would have been even braver if he got a baseball bat and went in and started swinging it at the manager. That would have been sooooooooooooooooooooo brave.

Not sure about your area's but I'm pretty sure that something marked on the shelf (no not ads) for a certain price has to be sold at that price. It's illegal for them not to. Hell 2 Black Fridays ago CC had a ton of crap mismarked, they were basically giving shit away to people at one point. My dad, brother, and I all bought about 400$ worth of stuff each for 80ish bucks and had a good 300$ in rebates we could send in to boot.

Ahhhh what a day

[quote name='strikeratt']Not sure about your area's but I'm pretty sure that something marked on the shelf (no not ads) for a certain price has to be sold at that price. It's illegal for them not to. Hell 2 Black Fridays ago CC had a ton of crap mismarked, they were basically giving shit away to people at one point. My dad, brother, and I all bought about 400$ worth of stuff each for 80ish bucks and had a good 300$ in rebates we could send in to boot.

Ahhhh what a day[/QUOTE]

Ya that's what I thought too. Think some people are overreacting calling this guy a douche and other names, when he's on a forum called cheapassgamer telling everyone a deal he got in his area. People price matched an advertising mistake for DJ Hero, were they douches since they took advantage of a mistake?

[quote name='yodawgyo']Ya that's what I thought too. Think some people are overreacting calling this guy a douche and other names, when he's on a forum called cheapassgamer telling everyone a deal he got in his area. People price matched an advertising mistake for DJ Hero, were they douches since they took advantage of a mistake?[/QUOTE]
I got DJ hero for $60 and I know I'm a douche.

Which store in toledo was this? I will totally be going!

What's up with people call the OP names and putting him down for doing this? He's being a CAG. You do understand you can have a confrontation with a manager without being an ass, correct? All you have to do is remain polite but firm.

I've had many instances where the manager refused to sell me an item at a specified price. I then calmly and politely said, "Then I'd like to speak with your district manager." They most often folded but if they didn't, I would actually contact the district manager. I didn't always get them immediately, sometimes I had to leave a message or call back later. I would fill him in on the situation and give him the name of the manager. I would also explain that I was a long time customer and that I felt as if my business was going unappreciated. In the 4 or 5 times I've done this, the district manager has always sided with me. Granted this does take some time and you have to make sure it's worth it to you. I usually do this on big items though, one example being a price dispute over an air compressor at Sears. I've only done this on one video game and I think it was Halo 2 or Splinter Cell: PT at Target. I only did it in this instance b/c the manager was a dick to me.

The main thing here is that you never have to be a dick about anything. Be polite and calm throughout the ordeal. You catch more flies with honey you know.

This deal if ever fully legit is dead now. Either OP got the last copy or everyone bought one cause that K Mart has NO copies of Borderlands for the 360. Congrats whoever scored on this.

[quote name='pure skill']What's up with people call the OP names and putting him down for doing this? He's being a CAG. You do understand you can have a confrontation with a manager without being an ass, correct? All you have to do is remain polite but firm.
[/QUOTE]
^This

[quote name='mediviper']This deal if ever fully legit is dead now. Either OP got the last copy or everyone bought one cause that K Mart has NO copies of Borderlands for the 360. Congrats whoever scored on this.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting they pulled them after the OP was there to retag them. I went there to check too.

bread's done
Back