Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='OzCatter']I'm gonna head out tomorrow to Micro Center and probably pick up a 360 with the $100 MIR, anyone wanna know how many they got left?[/quote]

Last time I was there they had plenty. Don't forget that if you sign up for a credit card you can get another 100 back.

T

[quote name='umcthomas']Last time I was there they had plenty. Don't forget that if you sign up for a credit card you can get another 100 back.

T[/quote]

Only 17, and my parents credit is crap after my dad ruined it.

I wish I could get that extra hundred

I know this is probably too late but the Best Buy stores on the Kansas side 95th and Quivera and 119th and Strang Line received a shipment of PS3 systems on Friday 12/8/06. Didn't have time to check out much else.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway has marked down all of their normally $20 PS2, Xbox, DS, and GBA games to $10. Highlights below:

PS2
American Wasteland
GTA: LCS
Jaws
Jak 3
Sly 3
Jak X
CoD:BR1
Pop: 2 thrones
Ratchet Deadlocked

Xbox
Black
San Andreas

PSP
Ape escape
Hot Shots
Socom 1[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Wal-Mart over by 4-35? Cause I stopped there today and didn't see any of these titles. Which Wal-Mart on Shawnee Mission Parkway are we talking about here?

I checked out Target up north off of I-35 and Chouteau nothing worth reporting. They had a whole bunch of titles in the clearance rack but it looked like most of the standard fair ($19.99 greatest hits titles and stuff like that).

[quote name='OzCatter']I need a cheap Halo 2, used or new, so if you got one or spotted one, let me know[/quote]

I will let you know if I see one while checking my local stores. By the way how cheap are we talking (greatest hits $20 cheap or should I not even mention it unless it's cheaper?).

[quote name='OzCatter']I need a cheap Halo 2, used or new, so if you got one or spotted one, let me know[/quote]

I picked up a collectors edition (used) of this for $15 (after promotion) at Blockbuster about a week ago. You might call around to them and see if they have any in stock. They were (maybe are) having a 25% off used games promotion right now. I have found that Blockbuser usually charges less for collectors editions than regular editions.

Also, I was in GameXchange on 95th and they seem to have lowered some of their prices. They have gone from too high to about average on game prices (at least the few I looked at). They had Perfect dark zero collectors edition for $20 (which I believe is the price for a used non-collectors at eb) down from $30. They also got a fancy disk surface repair thing (not sure when they got that) but they ran the disks of a game I bought through it and it looks like new, I can't even tell it's been run through a machine.

T

Found a couple of Polarium, and TS Golf at 135th St.

[quote name='sterlingice']Pinebarrens- had seen you post in the KMart thread. Find anything good?

SI[/quote]

[quote name='bowsernieb']Are you talking about the Wal-Mart over by 4-35? Cause I stopped there today and didn't see any of these titles. Which Wal-Mart on Shawnee Mission Parkway are we talking about here?[/QUOTE] Isn't that the only Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway?

I'm not sure if anyone that reads this thread is seeking one but the BB off of 95th and Quivera in Overland Park has PS3's in stock. As of about 11:15AM they had 7 60GB units on the shelf. Didn't see anything else really worth while.

In the realm of things in stock, I saw 5ish Wiimotes in the case behind the counter at the Gamestop up in Liberty, MO at about 5pm today.

As I don't have a Wii, that didn't really interest me but I picked up some stuff from the B2G1 sale for my collection (Metroid Prime Hunters for $20 - Edge Discount as part of a B2G1 made me happy)

SI

Anyone know of any EB/GS in or around KC that still stocks stuff pre-PS2/NGC/XBX? I've been wanting to try and get in on the PSX/DC/N64 sale going on these days and backfill my collection

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Anyone know of any EB/GS in or around KC that still stocks stuff pre-PS2/NGC/XBX? I've been wanting to try and get in on the PSX/DC/N64 sale going on these days and backfill my collection

SI[/quote]

The last places I saw some of the older stuff (NES, SNES, DC, PS1, etc... ) was Vintage Stock in Liberty (I've heard they rape you with their prices) and Gameco out at the Great Mall. Not sure how Gameco is on their pricing. Last time I was at both places I really didn't pay too much attention to the prices on the older stuff.

I was at the Wal-Mart in Gladstone this evening (24 hrs off of 64th st & Old Antioch Rd across from Hy-Vee). In the clearance isle they had Sony brand PSP AC Adapters for $15.00 (reg $33.00). Nothing else worth mentioning.

[quote name='Chitown021']The last places I saw some of the older stuff (NES, SNES, DC, PS1, etc... ) was Vintage Stock in Liberty (I've heard they rape you with their prices) and Gameco out at the Great Mall. Not sure how Gameco is on their pricing. Last time I was at both places I really didn't pay too much attention to the prices on the older stuff.[/quote]

There's a good game place as far as selection in downtown Lawrence called Game Nut that has all sorts of older systems but you pay through the nose to get it. That's why I was looking for an EB or GS since they've got this sale going on, in theory.

SI

I've noticed in another thread that TRUs accross the country have been receiving Wii units today. I stopped by the TRU of of 95th and Quivera this morning at 11:00AM and nothing. Anyone else visit the TRUs in the KC area and find Wii units?

I heard two Independence tru employees talking yesterday while I was looking at games say they were getting they thought Wii and PS3 on Friday. Don't count me as 100% because I am not interested in buying, so I wasn't all ears, but that is what I heard.

[quote name='bstan21']I heard two Independence tru employees talking yesterday while I was looking at games say they were getting they thought Wii and PS3 on Friday. Don't count me as 100% because I am not interested in buying, so I wasn't all ears, but that is what I heard.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Everything I read was TRU was supposed to get them tomorrow but other people are reporting the systems arriving and being sold today.

OH and just an FYI for any KC area Wii owners. The BB on 95th and Quivera had a large stock of nunchucks and Wiimotes this morning. Thought I would pass it along to anyone interested.

Haven't had much time lately to check but did hit up a couple of places in OP today.

The KMart at 95th and Metcalf continues to underwhelm. They had some clearance games but it was a handful, maybe 10. They've put out a display of GH level games- $15 and $20 stuff but at this point in the generation, there's not much great about that price.

I stopped at the TRU by Oak Park Mall and they didn't have Castlevania :( However, they did have one copy of Metroid Pinball for anyone who doesn't have it yet and a lot of copies of Resident Evil DS.

SI

I've been thinking about RE DS. Do you have any opinion on it?

[quote name='sterlingice']Haven't had much time lately to check but did hit up a couple of places in OP today.

The KMart at 95th and Metcalf continues to underwhelm. They had some clearance games but it was a handful, maybe 10. They've put out a display of GH level games- $15 and $20 stuff but at this point in the generation, there's not much great about that price.

I stopped at the TRU by Oak Park Mall and they didn't have Castlevania :( However, they did have one copy of Metroid Pinball for anyone who doesn't have it yet and a lot of copies of Resident Evil DS.

SI[/quote]

6 PS3's this evening in the Blue Springs Walmart

Still a bunch in the Independence Best Buy

And one 60 GB at the North 7 HW Blockbuster, which they dont expect to sell soon

[quote name='pinebarrens']I've been thinking about RE DS. Do you have any opinion on it?[/quote]

I dunno. I haven't played it and it got kindof lukewarm reviews since it's basically a port of RE1 and shows its age badly. That said, I am kindof considering grabbing it since it's $10 but haven't yet.

SI

I stopped by the Target at Shawnee Mission Parkway and I435 today. I didnt see any games clearanced. They had about 6 of the Zelda:TP replica shield and sword clearanced at $29 on one of the endcaps by the electroincs. Heres what they look like:
http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=revolution&message.id=2671544

I guess it comes with the soundtrack to.
Not my kind of thing but thought someone here might collect stuff like that.

*Edit
I just looked in the target clearance thread in the main forum. Someone said their target had them for $19. I didnt scan any so they could possibly be $19.

[quote name='ospriteo']I stopped by the Target at Shawnee Mission Parkway and I435 today. I didnt see any games clearanced. They had about 6 of the Zelda:TP replica shield and sword clearanced at $29 on one of the endcaps by the electroincs. Heres what they look like:
http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=revolution&message.id=2671544

I guess it comes with the soundtrack to.
Not my kind of thing but thought someone here might collect stuff like that.

*Edit
I just looked in the target clearance thread in the main forum. Someone said their target had them for $19. I didnt scan any so they could possibly be $19.[/quote]

The Target in Liberty also had about 5 of those Zelda Collector's boxes on a clearance endcap with some of those Tony Hawk skateboards.

I was at TRU and BB near Metro North Mall this morning but nothing worth noting. TRU had the same ol' junk in thier clearance bin (some jampack demos, Rachet & Clank, The Getaway, and I saw one Tomb Raider Legends not sure if that's worth $9.99). They had some GBA games (Gunstar Heroes was probably the best of the bunch) and a few DS titles (crapload of "Feel the Magic) but agian nothing worth grabbing.

I used to live outside Kansas City and I was just looking at the gamestop store locator, and I only see 10 stores in the KC area. Did they close some?

Edit - Nevermind. Something must be screwed up with the store locator. When you type in the actual game title and search 21 or so pop up for the KC area.

[quote name='sterlingice']Everyone be safe this weekend. It's a bit crazy out there.

SI[/quote]

Yes it is. I'm glad I finally found a Wii last week so I can stay in and play Zelda this weekend.

[quote name='djkunai']If you want to risk going out to get an Apple computer, pretend you're a student.

http://www.k-state.edu/computerstore/images/welcomebacksale.jpg[/quote]
My wife got her G4 system when she was a student there before I met her. Don't you have to show some sort of proof that you're a K-State student to get those deals? My wife's Mac could really use an upgrade but at regular price the only affordable systems are the Mac Minis...

I went to the Target in Liberty this morning (roads weren't bad except for the moron drivers). No deals worth noting but I checked on the clearance rack located on an end cap near the printer & scanner isle in electronics (a few down from the 360/Wii game case). They still had about 5 of those Zelda TP collector's boxes. They're stickered $27.98 and they scan for that same price (I've seen reports of other Targets discounting them down to $19.99 and lower).

I saw a copy of Shaq-Fu in Overland Park for $2.00 at GameXchange. Seeing it sitting on the shelf made me smile. Not buying it made me feel like a CAG.

[quote name='umcthomas']I saw a copy of Shaq-Fu in Overland Park for $2.00 at GameXchange. Seeing it sitting on the shelf made me smile. Not buying it made me feel like a CAG.[/quote]

:rofl:

Is anyone in the Kansas City area going to brave the elements and wait in line for a Wii system? I'm curious as to how bad the lines will be in the morning.

[quote name='sterlingice']Not that they're really news any more, but the Best Buy in Lawrence had at least 20 or 30 PS3s yesterday when I dropped in.

SI[/quote]

I've seen them aroud every once in a while too. I find this amusing because:

1) I had such a hard time getting a PS2 this quickly after launch.

2) I had saved up some funds to buy the PS3 and accessories. When the price point came out I decided to spend the money for a HDTV instead. I'm glad I did.

Maybe when the PS3 Slim comes out I'll get one.

T

Well, I got one of the things I've always wondered explained today. I stopped by the KMart right off of 70 and Noland Road in Independence at lunch today and asked if they had any clearance stuff. One of the employees pointed at a box of $14+ games. I bantered something about there always being a few guys who take the good clearanced stuff home at every store and he told me he grabbed most of the stuff when it got marked down. So that explains why there's never anything good there at all...

SI

I figured that's what was going on. I have blockbuster online which comes with one free game rental each month so I'm set. There are very few games I want to buy anymore. Mainly b/c there are few games I have any desire to play more than 10 hours. I found out a long time ago that many of the games I felt I "had" to have I did not like when I actually played them. Still, I feel like I beat the man when I find a good deal. That why I own, but have not played more than a few minutes of:

Sly Cooper
.hack
2 Madden games
Halo 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Spinx and the Cursed Mummy
and others I can't think of right now.

[quote name='sterlingice']Well, I got one of the things I've always wondered explained today. I stopped by the KMart right off of 70 and Noland Road in Independence at lunch today and asked if they had any clearance stuff. One of the employees pointed at a box of $14+ games. I bantered something about there always being a few guys who take the good clearanced stuff home at every store and he told me he grabbed most of the stuff when it got marked down. So that explains why there's never anything good there at all...

SI[/quote]

Sorry, but you have me to thank for that. I went in there one time and his jaw dropped when he saw the prices I was picking up some games for. The next time I went in there he told me he buys up all the clearance stuff, so I'm never going to that one again. Too bad most of the Kmarts in KC turned into Sears Grands.......

Has anyone seen any of the discounted Xbox Live Gold kits at any area Kmarts? I need to pick one up for myself.

bread's done
Back