Kansas CAG Thread

tch, man, I miss Kansas. Never shoulda left. The Louisiana thread is so BORING. Anyone here from Leavenworth?

[quote name='SeanNOLA']tch, man, I miss Kansas. Never shoulda left. The Louisiana thread is so BORING. Anyone here from Leavenworth?[/QUOTE]

Wayne Simien. Sorry, only a few minutes till the KU/UNC game and I'm just trying to pass the time.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

BTW, I'm in Tonganoxie but I'll stop by Leavenworth from time to time.

[quote name='rperez1025']Wayne Simien. Sorry, only a few minutes till the KU/UNC game and I'm just trying to pass the time.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

BTW, I'm in Tonganoxie but I'll stop by Leavenworth from time to time.[/quote]

Tongie sucks go Shawnee

Wow. That was a great performance and I can't wait for Monday. I'm still walking into it with the same trepidation as I did this past game- we're maybe 55/45 underdogs but stranger things have happened and I'm just happy that we have made it as far as we did.

I love the picture from the parking garage next to the union, aznguyen316

SI

As for video game deals, I'm on call this weekend and got called out three times so I took the opportunity to check a couple of places in KC but came up empty.

Nothing caught my eye at the TRU down in Olathe off of K7. I was looking for Hotel Dusk and Lost in Blue 2 but neither were there. Lots of copies of Elite Beat Agents if you haven't found one yet. There must have been another printing of those as I couldn't find them to save my life for months at the end of 2007 but now they're everywhere.

Later on in the day, I went to the Circuit City down south of 119th and Metcalf. I was looking for Mario Baseball, Mario Strikers, and if I found one of those, Sonic Riders, too. Riders was there but neither of the Mario games were :(

SI

I know I should root for the Big 12 to win the tourney but as a Mizzou and K-State fan it's against my religion to cheer for the Chickenhawks. I do have to admit that was an amazing performance last night. KU came out like gangbusters trying to win the whole thing in those first few minutes.

[quote name='Chitown021']I know I should root for the Big 12 to win the tourney but as a Mizzou and K-State fan it's against my religion to cheer for the Chickenhawks. I do have to admit that was an amazing performance last night. KU came out like gangbusters trying to win the whole thing in those first few minutes.[/quote]

I have 2 degrees from Mizzou but it doesn't bother me to root for KU if Mizzou is not even in the tournament. If Mizzou was in a 16th seed, then I'll trash talk KU, but really I don't wish them to lose if my team can't even play. MU needs to start recruiting at some of the schools I work with, those kids would give a left arm to play at the college level.

I went to K-State and wouldn't have a problem rooting for KU. At this point, what is good for the Big 12 is what people should be rooting for.

BUT,

I can't root for KU. In my bracket I have a Memphis vs. KU final and Memphis winning. If that happens I get $250 so please god let KU lose.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!
I'm nervous as hell, but i think KU's got it in em' i know!
When they want it, they're UNSTOPPABLE. UNC can attest to that.

[quote name='druciferwept']ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!
I'm nervous as hell, but i think KU's got it in em' i know!
When they want it, they're UNSTOPPABLE. UNC can attest to that.[/quote]

w000000000t let's do this!!

I guess it was destiny for KU to win. Their bracket opened wide for them (easy road with all the lower seeds winning) and Memphis choked down the stretch.

Now I wonder if Self will leave for Oklahoma State if they pony up some mad cash?

[quote name='Chitown021']I guess it was destiny for KU to win. Their bracket opened wide for them (easy road with all the lower seeds winning) and Memphis choked down the stretch.

Now I wonder if Self will leave for Oklahoma State if they pony up some mad cash?[/quote]

My guess is he is gone since they won. If they had lost I could have seen him staying, but they are going to throw out a HUGE offer and I don't see him turning it down. Leave on a high note. If Self goes I wouldn't be shocked if the next KU coach was Calipari. They were talking about it on the radio last week since he has KU connections and is a big name type coach they would need to hire. Self or Calipari? I think both are winning situations.

Man, Memphis gave that game away though.

[quote name='Sarang01']Sigh I wish I could fart in Roy Williams face and tell him HE'S a failure for a coach![/quote]

LOL. The KU hate for Roy Williams cracks me up. You may hate him for leaving your school but he's far from a failure.

[quote name='Chitown021']LOL. The KU hate for Roy Williams cracks me up. You may hate him for leaving your school but he's far from a failure.[/QUOTE]

No I hate him because the year after he left KU after the Jayhawk's losing the final game, next year AGAINST the Jayhawks in the final game against North Carolina they won. THAT sends the message that the KU team was a FAILURE in the previous game, not Roy Williams coaching. Ir's an embarrassment unless the team was like 30% or more different lineupwise over the year before.
Chi have you seen any great deals on the LG BH200 new around? Like under $400.
Anyone seen "Folklore" or those other PS3 games at that cheap price at any BB's around?

[quote name='Sarang01']No I hate him because the year after he left KU after the Jayhawk's losing the final game, next year AGAINST the Jayhawks in the final game against North Carolina they won. THAT sends the message that the KU team was a FAILURE in the previous game, not Roy Williams coaching. Ir's an embarrassment unless the team was like 30% or more different lineupwise over the year before.
Chi have you seen any great deals on the LG BH200 new around? Like under $400.
Anyone seen "Folklore" or those other PS3 games at that cheap price at any BB's around?[/quote]

I haven't really been paying attention to any Bluray player deals. I check Target all the time but I haven't seen any copies of Folklore on the cheap.

CHAMPS!

I say Bill will stay, after listening to interview after interview, he wants job security and a reworked contract and Perkins won't let Self get away, and that's why Self says he just wants to talk it over.. get his cash and years down the road. Woot to the NCAA Men's bball CHAMPIONS!!

Hi all

I was just at the Walmart at near 119th & metcalfe, and on their clearance aisle, they had quite a few (> 20) of the packages with the 2000 Wii Point cards and gimmicky Classic controller gloves on clearance for $10. Half price Wii Points are always a good thing

->Ryu4096

[quote name='Ryu4096']Hi all

I was just at the Walmart at near 119th & metcalfe, and on their clearance aisle, they had quite a few (> 20) of the packages with the 2000 Wii Point cards and gimmicky Classic controller gloves on clearance for $10. Half price Wii Points are always a good thing

->Ryu4096[/QUOTE]

Woah thanks dude! Please people don't grab all these as I want to bag a couple, S&P here I come!

[quote name='Ryu4096'] I was just at the Walmart at near 119th & metcalfe, and on their clearance aisle, they had quite a few (> 20) of the packages with the 2000 Wii Point cards and gimmicky Classic controller gloves on clearance for $10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sarang01']Woah thanks dude! Please people don't grab all these as I want to bag a couple, S&P here I come![/QUOTE]

There were about a half dozen left today after I picked up a couple over lunch. They also had a few of the EBA + sleeve + stylus packs, and one Polarium + sleeve + stylus pack. Both were $10.

[quote name='Ryu4096']Hi all

->Ryu4096[/quote]

Oh man, 200 miles away according to Google. The ones in Derby were still $25 when I checked two weeks ago.

Anyone ever notice no Wichita-area deals seem to show up in this thread. Do we just have crappy prices here or am I the only person living there?

lost loser, i just don't ever go to the store that often and normally when i do, i pick up dvds. picked up big trouble in little china (among others) for 4.75 from target yesterday. i was also surprised to see that target had season 1 & 2 of the l word for 20.00 each.

I'm originally from Wichita, but never bargain hunted when I lived there, just began while I was at college.. (go figure) but I've been down to visit and ran to the stores to see what's up.. only good thing I got in WIchita was the Bioshock for $20 deal at FYE..

does anyone remember Stop & Save at the Great Mall of the Great Plains? I mean before it got bought out. I remember getting Final Liberation there for $3 right after it came out...good times.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'm originally from Wichita, but never bargain hunted when I lived there, just began while I was at college.. (go figure) but I've been down to visit and ran to the stores to see what's up.. only good thing I got in WIchita was the Bioshock for $20 deal at FYE..[/quote]Towne East was completely out of the game by the time I got up there (granted that was about 2 weeks after the thread popped up on here about it, I wasn't really dying to get the game obviously).

I don't have any room to complain anymore though. Yesterday I went to Kansas City for a concert and I drove right by a sign that said "Overland Park" with a Wal*Mart right next to it. I was tempted to go check it out and see if they had any of these $10 point cards, but my friends wanted to go home and I'm not a cheap ass enough gamer to argue with my tired girlfriend.

I just saw quite a few 'Orange Box' for PS3 (Sorry not XBox 360 or PC :( ) for $29.98 on clearance at Target in Belton MO. This is located South of KC, on 71 Hiway and 58 Hiway. At the 58 Hiway exit, go West and Target is on the right side

In case anyone is interested

->Ryu4096

No, I haven't seen anything for FolkLore. I would have to jump on that deal

I did see the Walmart at 75th & 1-35 in Overland Park does have the Wii points and gloves on clearance. However, they are clearancing these for $15 instead of the $10 I saw at the other walmart. They do also have the same deal for the points and classic controller combination as well ($15)

->Ryu4096

for any of you in the KC area.. Nebraska Furn Mart has GTA IV for $49.99 + $10 gift card, best deal available.. I picked it up last night at Lawrence Wal-mart.. man there were a lot of people there

Folklore $30 new at Gamestop. Grabbed the last sealed copy I believe, though I could be wrong, at Oak Park Mall. Great Mall Of the Great Plains has one new as well but it's display copy new. Also Shawnee Mission may have some new one's as display copies only or a sealed one or two as well. These are the ONLY one's in the KC Metro area to have new or "new" copies of Folklore around.
I kept quiet on this for the last couple of days on this or slightly more. Waited a bit to bag one sealed. Now that I've got one I'm passing the word around. Had to get one Sony exclusive or one superior PS3 version game for a good price or two. Btw Target at Oak Park has copies of "Lair" for around $30 new on clearance. Whether or not you consider that a deal is to your discretion.

[quote name='Ryu4096']No, I haven't seen anything for FolkLore. I would have to jump on that deal

I did see the Walmart at 75th & 1-35 in Overland Park does have the Wii points and gloves on clearance. However, they are clearancing these for $15 instead of the $10 I saw at the other walmart. They do also have the same deal for the points and classic controller combination as well ($15)

->Ryu4096[/quote]

Thanks, I have been looking everywhere for these controllers on sale. I went ahead and picked up 2 for $15, they probably had 10 more.

Whats up with that Walmart? You have to get someone to unlock the racks to get game accessories now?

I hope everyone is safe and survived last night's storm in one piece. In case anyone is looking the Target off of I-35 and Chouteau in the northland had 2 Wii's in stock as of 7:00PM tonight. First time I've seen them in the wild in several months.

I didn't even wake up for the big line of storms tho there was a tornado warning in Lawrence, apparently.

I was in Topeka for part of every day this week, go figure. So, today I dropped in at the Gamestop on Wanamaker. Picked up the final Phoenix Wright game, Lego Star Wars for the Cube, and Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal for about $35 after Edge card and B2G1.

Odd rare stuff I saw was Mario Party 4 and Resident Evil 3 for Gamecube- both were $35ish. They also had copies of Dark Cloud 2 and Suikoden 3 in original cases for under $20 but no manuals or anything so I passed :(

SI

Picked up Zelda DS and Pokemon Diamond for $20 each this past week at Radio Shack in Topeka on Wanamaker. They had copies of Pokemon still, both types. I think they were out of Zelda, tho.

Checked Lawrence for Final Fantasy XII DS but no luck :(

SI

Picked up FF XII: Revenant Wings at Target in Topeka on Wanamaker (is there another one?). It was clearanced but in the case and only marked down to $27.XX so no $20 deal like at Metro North. But I'm not going anywhere near KC until at least next Tuesday-ish since work has me in Topeka all week and I'm out of town all weekend so I figured I'd snag it.

SI

Finally I'm back in business... Just trying to get caught up on the threads I've missed over the last few days. I had to go through a complete format and re-install on my PC.

bread's done
Back