Kansas CAG Thread

Evil WM, 151th and Metcalf. Right outside the electronics section is a huge bin of clearance games - PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, DS, and even some PC I think. As of last night, there were still a ton left.

I grabbed:
Xbox 360
FIFA 06 Road to FIFA World Cup
NA Street Homecounrt
WWF Smabkdown vs Raw 2007
UEFA Champions League 2006-2007
Major League Baseball 2K7
NCAA Football 07
Viva Pinata Party Animals
Shrek The Third
Hour Of Victory
Def Jam Icon
Spider-Man Friend Or Foe
Cars Mater-National Championship
MotoGP 07
Forze Motorsport 2
Star Trek Legacy
Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2
Blazing Angels 2 Secret Missions Of WWII
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
TMNT
The Godfather
Meet The Robinsons
Fantastic Four Rise Of The Silver Surfer
Splinter Cell Double Agent

GameCube
Baiten Kaos Origins

PS2
God of War II

So.. 25 games for $491 even after tax. Launch retail would have been 3-4 times as much.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Evil WM, 151th and Metcalf. Right outside the electronics section is a huge bin of clearance games - PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, DS, and even some PC I think. As of last night, there were still a ton left.

I grabbed:
Xbox 360
NA Street Homecounrt
NCAA Football 07
Shrek The Third
Hour Of Victory
Def Jam Icon
Spider-Man Friend Or Foe
MotoGP 07
Forze Motorsport 2
Star Trek Legacy
Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2
TMNT
The Godfather
Meet The Robinsons

GameCube
Baiten Kaos Origins

PS2
God of War II

So.. 25 games for $491 even after tax. Launch retail would have been 3-4 times as much.[/quote]

So almost $20 a game? Sorry to say but you didn't get much of a deal

[quote name='schuerm26']So almost $20 a game? Sorry to say but you didn't get much of a deal[/QUOTE]

$40-45 off retail launch prices isn't a deal? Oook.

[quote name='CMorrigu']$40-45 off retail launch prices isn't a deal? Oook.[/quote]

Trust me, you didn't get any sort of special deals.

NCAA Football 07 is $5.99 on gamestop.com

I can go down the list. You didn't get any special deals. Are they cheaper than when they launched at retail some time ago? Of course, but that's what all games do. You aren't getting a deal just because you aren't paying $50-60

The WM at Shawnee Mission and 435 has some $15 wii games in the clearance isle by the garden center. They are just the cheap kids games like Kidz Sports Ice Hockey, Rig Racer 2 and two or three others. They also had a xbox 360 steering wheel, I didn't stop to check out the price.

bb at 21st & rock in wichita had a bunch of wii's last night. stopped by to see if they had mario kart, which they didn't--the employee did say that i was welcome to check back today and i thanked him for giving me permission.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Evil WM, 151th and Metcalf. Right outside the electronics section is a huge bin of clearance games - PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, DS, and even some PC I think. As of last night, there were still a ton left.

I grabbed:
Xbox 360
NA Street Homecounrt
NCAA Football 07
Shrek The Third
Hour Of Victory
Def Jam Icon
Spider-Man Friend Or Foe
MotoGP 07
Forze Motorsport 2
Star Trek Legacy
Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2
TMNT
The Godfather
Meet The Robinsons

GameCube
Baiten Kaos Origins

PS2
God of War II

So.. 25 games for $491 even after tax. Launch retail would have been 3-4 times as much.[/quote]

This has got to be a joke.

Was out in Manhappiness for some work today. Stopped by the Gamestop (or was it EB) out on Seth Child by the Target. They had Wiis in stock.

I also used the B1G1 to get some XBox games since I didn't have all of 2 in KOTOR and Soulcalibur 2. Here's what I got:
Halo
Halo 2 SE
Jade Empire SE
Fable
Morrowind
Castlevania
and then Project Gotham Racing and Mech Assault not with the coupon since they were something like $1 and $3.

Now I need about 3 more games (Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR 2, and Panzer Dragoon Orta) and I'll have all the XBox games worth owning that were system exclusives. I swear- there just wasn't much on that console if you weren't into shooters or sports and had another console to get cross platform stuff.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Was out in Manhappiness for some work today. Stopped by the Gamestop (or was it EB) out on Seth Child by the Target. They had Wiis in stock.

I also used the B1G1 to get some XBox games since I didn't have all of 2 in KOTOR and Soulcalibur 2. Here's what I got:
Halo
Halo 2 SE
Jade Empire SE
Fable
Morrowind
Castlevania
and then Project Gotham Racing and Mech Assault not with the coupon since they were something like $1 and $3.

Now I need about 3 more games (Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR 2, and Panzer Dragoon Orta) and I'll have all the XBox games worth owning that were system exclusives. I swear- there just wasn't much on that console if you weren't into shooters or sports and had another console to get cross platform stuff.

SI[/QUOTE]

You mean if you didn't worship or jack off to Master Chief? Just say it, it needs to be said. You pick up "Breakdown"? That's a good game.

Fable was the best game for the XBOX in my opinion. If there is one game that has me thinking about getting a 360, it is Fable II.

Do any of you guys have any luck finding any of the clearance deals for Target, Kmart, etc in the KC area?

Finding clearance deals is a real hit-or-miss process. Most of the time, what's in stock at a given store is a small subset of what's listed in a clearance thread.

Over the past couple months, I've made the following clearance purchases:

:ps2: Odin Sphere - $11 - Circuit City @ Metro North Mall
:ds: Contact - $10 - K-Mart @ 78th and State, KCK

[quote name='chuckx47']Finding clearance deals is a real hit-or-miss process. Most of the time, what's in stock at a given store is a small subset of what's listed in a clearance thread.

Over the past couple months, I've made the following clearance purchases:

:ps2: Odin Sphere - $11 - Circuit City @ Metro North Mall
:ds: Contact - $10 - K-Mart @ 78th and State, KCK[/quote]

I was also able to get Odin Sphere at the Metro North CC. A couple days ago I picked up a copy of Jeanne D'Arc at the Target near Antioch mall (I-35 & Chouteau).

Went to Game Nutt (I think that's waht its called in Lawrence) today. Jesus, what a complete rip-off. They make Ebay look like a bargain flea market.

[quote name='schuerm26']Went to Game Nutt (I think that's waht its called in Lawrence) today. Jesus, what a complete rip-off. They make Ebay look like a bargain flea market.[/quote]

Yeah. They have some hard to find stuff, but you really pay for it.

SI

The Target on Shawnee Mission Pkwy and 435 had both the Pokemon DP Strategy Guide and the 480-something Pokedex for under $5 each.

I went to the Gamestop right next to that on Monday and picked up Odin Sphere ($20), SoulCalibur 3 ($10), and Warcraft 3 expansion ($10). Then I got home and realized I already had it- d'oh (WC3 expansion). They had 2 Katamari Damacys there and a couple more Odin Spheres but this was around noon on Monday, maybe an hour after they opened.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']...They had 2 Katamari Damacys there and a couple more Odin Spheres but this was around noon on Monday, maybe an hour after they opened.

SI[/quote]

One of those Katamari's was probably mine that I traded in at that store when I picked up Mario Kart.

Nebraska Furniture Mart currently has The World Ends With You for the DS for $19.77, though I believe it is for this week only. I think Megaman ZX Advent for the DS is on sale for the same price. Also Advance Wars: Days of Ruin strategy guides were reduced to ~$6.

Was at the Toys R Us on 95th and Quiveria today, they had a copy of Final Fantasy V for the GBA (one copy left) for $15.

I just got back from Best Buy off of 119th St and Metcalf and they had a huge clearance rack at the front of the store. All games on the rack were 50% off. I'll list the ones I remember:

All Pro Football 2k8-$5
Two Worlds-$20
Tomb Raider Anniversary-$15
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Collector's Edition-$35
Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition-$35
Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition-$35
The Bigs-$20
Halo 3 Collector's Edition-$25
Dead or Alive Extreme Volley Ball 2-$15
Virtua Fighter 5-$30

There were a lot more and all of them were for the 360. I snagged the last copy of R6V2 and Tomb Raider Anniversary but there were plenty of copies of Two World's and most of the other games I listed. There were a few PS3 games as well but I really didn't pay much attention to them. I know Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 was availabe for the PS3. There's also a lot of other stuff like controllers and guitars.

Everything is listed with the regular price but has tags that say everything on the cart is %50 off. The games did not ring up at the register so I mentioned it to them and they double checked. I also used some reward zone certificates so I was able to take another $15 off my entire purchase.

[quote name='wratih9']I just got back from Best Buy off of 119th St and Metcalf and they had a huge clearance rack at the front of the store. All games on the rack were 50% off. I'll list the ones I remember:

All Pro Football 2k8-$5
Two Worlds-$20
The Bigs-$20
Virtua Fighter 5-$30

There were a lot more and all of them were for the 360. I snagged the last copy of R6V2 and Tomb Raider Anniversary but there were plenty of copies of Two World's and most of the other games I listed. There were a few PS3 games as well but I really didn't pay much attention to them. I know Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 was availabe for the PS3. There's also a lot of other stuff like controllers and guitars.

Everything is listed with the regular price but has tags that say everything on the cart is %50 off. The games did not ring up at the register so I mentioned it to them and they double checked. I also used some reward zone certificates so I was able to take another $15 off my entire purchase.[/quote]

Would you be willing to pick some up and ship em to Topeka?

Damn Wal-Mart and their lame ass clearance pricing. The Wal-Mart off of 72nd street and N Prospect in the northland has a pile of SIXAXIS PS3 controllers, Wii pt cards w/ classic controller gloves, and even a PSP slim stamina battery kit. I thought I had hit the motherload until I looked at the pricing. They marked everything down about a dollar and call it a clearance.

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn Wal-Mart and their lame ass clearance pricing. The Wal-Mart off of 72nd street and N Prospect in the northland has a pile of SIXAXIS PS3 controllers, Wii pt cards w/ classic controller gloves, and even a PSP slim stamina battery kit. I thought I had hit the motherload until I looked at the pricing. They marked everything down about a dollar and call it a clearance.[/QUOTE]

Wal-mart is terrible sometimes when it comes to clearances. Last year I stumbled across some wavebirds on clearance but they were only a few bucks off. Looking back I'm now kicking myself for not getting them even at that price.

[quote name='wratih9']I just got back from Best Buy off of 119th St and Metcalf and they had a huge clearance rack at the front of the store. All games on the rack were 50% off. I'll list the ones I remember:

All Pro Football 2k8-$5
Two Worlds-$20
The Bigs-$20
Virtua Fighter 5-$30

Everything is listed with the regular price but has tags that say everything on the cart is %50 off. The games did not ring up at the register so I mentioned it to them and they double checked. I also used some reward zone certificates so I was able to take another $15 off my entire purchase.[/quote]

yeah, they had some Eternal Sonata ($20) and Flatout ($10). They also had the 3 pack (Cars, Fusion Frenzy and something else), Crash of the titans ($15) and some Shadowrun. Oh, they had Xbox 360 halo controllers for half off as well

I picked up Eternal Sonata and Flatout for good measure

if you are in the area, it is worth checking it out

->Ryu

[quote name='rperez1025']Nebraska Furniture Mart currently has The World Ends With You for the DS for $19.77, though I believe it is for this week only. I think Megaman ZX Advent for the DS is on sale for the same price. Also Advance Wars: Days of Ruin strategy guides were reduced to ~$6.[/quote]

Yesterday, I gladly scooped up a copy of The World Ends With You for $20. I asked the guy to price check it since it was marked at $40, but it rang up at $20 and he said it went until tomorrow (Saturday). I've been waiting for that to drop to grab it (yes, I'm a CAG). They also had Professor Layton for $25 and I was strongly tempted but I just think that's going to be one of those games that is clearanced out for $10 next year at Circuit City or some place like that.

I'm still on my eternal quest for a Wii. It's kindof a half-hearted little jaunt. I have $100 in gift cards for both Target and WalMart so it has to be at one of those spots. But with all my stops, I've still only seen Wii's in store twice since they have come out. Again, it's half-hearted as, if I wait a couple of months, it will be my birthday and if I stumble across one when my wife is along, then it becomes my birthday present anyways :) It's bad, tho, as I already have 2 games for the system and I don't even own it (then again, I have 7 or 8 XBox games and no XBox either) since the GH3 and SSB sales on Amazon were too hard to pass up and I know I'm getting those games anyways

Also, I was down at the Gardner WalMart a couple of days ago as part of the above. They have a huge display of stuff for $20 ($19.82 or whatever). Not a great price for much but they had a few things I thought about like Zach and Wiki but I think that's a universal drop now.

(New) Trade List - Updated as of 6/14/08 - Old and New stuff
Lastly, shameless plug as I've updated my trade list. There is a lot of old and new stuff on there and I realize some of them are clunkers but who knows- maybe I can parlay some of that into stuff I want.

SI

All Pro Football 2k8-$5
Two Worlds-$20
The Bigs-$20
Virtua Fighter 5-$30

Damn. Wanted to get DMC 4 CE but they were out. I should have checked this thread earlier.

Hey guys, sorry. This isn't a deal that can be replicated. I just need to brag.

I went to the Wal-Mart on Frontage road in OP last Thursday thinking about buying a PS3 on the $100 giftcard deal. When I got there, they had a returned 40GB in the case marked down $80 to $320 because it was "missing a cable". It turned out to be the mini-USB that charges the controller! $80 off for that! I pounced on it, and they gave me the giftcard, too!

PS3 for (essentially) $220! Score!

My name on PSN is Swillhound, if anyone wants to send me an invite for some local throwdowns.

:wii::whee:Do the Wii Dance:whee::wii:

I got a Wii today. There were 4 sitting out at the Wal Mart in Topeka so I cashed in my ~$120 in gift cards (Wii Fund). They also had copies of Mario Kart, too, for people who had been looking for both. Did not see Wii Fit. Considering I just spent a bit much on a Wii, I decided against it for now. Tho, I did go across the street and get Wii Play and a second nunchuck for my wife since I had some BB gift cards, too. Also, I have Guitar Hero 3 sitting around from the Amazon music sale and Smash Bros Brawl coming from Amazon with the $40 and a $10 gift card thing (hell, Melee is hard to find for under $30 even now, 5 years later, so I might as well jump on Brawl).

Also, no Wii's, Wii Fit, or Mario Kart at the Toys R Us. Had to actually do some work there today in the electronics department so I checked it out. They refurbished the store so it's more like a modern one with an R Zone and a Babies R Us tacked on instead of an old school, long row TRU :(

Again, Wii Happy Dance:

:wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii:

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']:wii::whee:Do the Wii Dance:whee::wii:

I got a Wii today. There were 4 sitting out at the Wal Mart in Topeka so I cashed in my ~$120 in gift cards (Wii Fund). They also had copies of Mario Kart, too, for people who had been looking for both. Did not see Wii Fit. Considering I just spent a bit much on a Wii, I decided against it for now. Tho, I did go across the street and get Wii Play and a second nunchuck for my wife since I had some BB gift cards, too. Also, I have Guitar Hero 3 sitting around from the Amazon music sale and Smash Bros Brawl coming from Amazon with the $40 and a $10 gift card thing (hell, Melee is hard to find for under $30 even now, 5 years later, so I might as well jump on Brawl).

Also, no Wii's, Wii Fit, or Mario Kart at the Toys R Us. Had to actually do some work there today in the electronics department so I checked it out. They refurbished the store so it's more like a modern one with an R Zone and a Babies R Us tacked on instead of an old school, long row TRU :(

Again, Wii Happy Dance:

:wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii::whee: :wii:

SI[/quote]

Congrats on finding the Wii today! It still amazes me that they're still hard to find this long after launch.

I was passively looking for one. If I had wanted to camp, I could have gotten one much sooner, but I didn't really want to do that. So, I just check in places from time to time when I'm there and, bam, there one was. :whee:

At first, I went to the counter and there was a guy helping out who I don't think normally worked in electronics. I asked if they had Wiis in stock after seeing them in the case and he looked at me, well, like someone who would respond to that question not knowing that Wii was Nintendo's game system. So my heart stopped for a second but after the other electronics guy pointed him towards it, all was good :)

SI

Anyone got a PS2 for cheap or know where to get one for cheap other than CL? Just trying to get one and a memory card is all for the Metal Gear Solid Essentials I already bought

Boy this thread has really died down over the last several months. I guess that's a statement to the lack of deals in the metro area? I know up north I haven't found much of anything worth while besides a few 2007 PS3 sports titles for $5 at Sears.

Picked up Elite Beat Agents for $8.58 at the Toys R Us on 95th and Quivera in Overland Park. They had over twenty copies left when I left.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Picked up Elite Beat Agents for $8.58 at the Toys R Us on 95th and Quivera in Overland Park. They had over twenty copies left when I left.[/quote]

They had a crapload of them at the TRU by Metro North Mall in the northland. I was hoping to find a few copies of Silver Surfer for flipping but no such luck.

[quote name='Chitown021']They had a crapload of them at the TRU by Metro North Mall in the northland. I was hoping to find a few copies of Silver Surfer for flipping but no such luck.[/QUOTE]

Going off of memory, here's some things I recall from my TRU visits in the past couple of weeks.

Metro North Mall TRU had quite a few PSP stamina batteries left (as of last Saturday) and the TRU by the Great Mall had white memory cards on clearance for the Gamecube for $5 (this was mid week of the B2G1F DS Games sale).

[quote name='rperez1025']Going off of memory, here's some things I recall from my TRU visits in the past couple of weeks.

Metro North Mall TRU had quite a few PSP stamina batteries left (as of last Saturday) and the TRU by the Great Mall had white memory cards on clearance for the Gamecube for $5 (this was mid week of the B2G1F DS Games sale).[/quote]

Yeah the Metro North TRU still has a pile of the PSP stamina batteries but I think they're still stuck at $16. If they drop below $10 I'll probably pick one up as a spare.

I hit the Leavenworth K-Mart this evening after visiting some relatives for the 4th. I was hoping it would be one of those out-of-the-way goldmine stores but no such luck. They did have 3 Wii's in stock in case anyone that reads this thread was looking to pick one up.

Kindof quiet. Haven't done much myself lately, but I picked up Zak and Wiki from TRU for $7.XX in Topeka- they had at least 10 copies left. Didn't realize there were some other games I should check for there.

At the Lawrence sidewalk sale yesterday, I picked up some NES stuff for my collection at $1 and $3 from Game Nut and a couple of SNES games for about that inside with their 20% off. Still, it's Game Nut so it was probably too expensive anyways.

SI

It's been awhile since I've found any deals around here. Today when I was at the Target off of Chouteau the game clearance endcap was completely gone!

[quote name='sterlingice']Kindof quiet. Haven't done much myself lately, but I picked up Zak and Wiki from TRU for $7.XX in Topeka- they had at least 10 copies left. Didn't realize there were some other games I should check for there.

At the Lawrence sidewalk sale yesterday, I picked up some NES stuff for my collection at $1 and $3 from Game Nut and a couple of SNES games for about that inside with their 20% off. Still, it's Game Nut so it was probably too expensive anyways.

SI[/QUOTE]

I never knew about Game Nut in Lawrence. There's the Game Guy, right off of 7th and Mass but I haven't been there for a while. Might have to check it out but from your description I guess they're normally pretty expensive.

I used to love the pawn shops in Lawrence but even those are drying up for good games. I remember when The Yellow House (I think that's what it's called) had games like Space Megaforce and Secret of Mana for real cheap and now it's pretty much old PS2 sports games.

Checked by the TRU for RE4 (Wii), Galaxy Wars (DS), Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 (DS) and Zack and Wiki (Wii). No MvDK2 or RE4 there, and after my purchase of a copy each of Z&W and GW, they had one Z&W and two GW games left. I'm hoping the other TRU might have the other two available but I kinda doubt it.

Hey I was wondering if anyone here wanted to go half on the TRU sale? Like two copies of "Assassin's Creed" from the Oak Park TRU and split the difference. I think they have both. Does the sale let you buy two of the same game?

the Oak Park TRU still looks like they have a couple dozen EBAs in their $8 DS bin. Also a couple dozen copies of Guilty Gear DS, if you're interested for some reason.

The PS2 section at the Best Buy at 119th and Strang Line had bins of cheap games; $5 and $10 dollars mostly. There were some better looking ones in there (Hitman, Splinter Cell, Sly Cooper), but mostly $15. Not sure how much of a deal it would be, but there you go.

Don't forget about Final Fantasy IV being on sale for $20 at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Might want to check but I believe the sale only lasts till Tuesday, and not until Sunday like others ads normally do.

And this is a bit off-topic, but they had quite a few DVD series on sale ("beating the competitor's prices" sale). I picked up Office Season 3 for $20.

[quote name='rperez1025']Don't forget about Final Fantasy IV being on sale for $20 at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Might want to check but I believe the sale only lasts till Tuesday, and not until Sunday like others ads normally do.[/quote]

Dang. I missed it- I went in on Wednesday morning and it was full price :(

SI

Posted this in the main Target clearance thread. The one at 97th Street next to Oak Park mall had a bunch of games on clearance. They are on the end cap at the corner of the store. I don't remember the title or price but they had a bunch of DS, PSP and PS2 or 3 games. The xbox games are below.

Xbox 360 Games
Pop Cap Arcade - 9.98
Saints Row - 9.98
Tiger Woods 08 - 14.98
Madden 08 - 14.98
Bully - 19.98
Bioshock - 19.98
NBA Ballers: Chose One - 19.98
Kane & Lynch - I think this was 19.98
The Club - 24.98

I recently swung by the Harrisonville, MO Gamestop. They seemed to have a really good selection of games at that location.

I picked up a copy of SMT: Devil Summoner :ps2:, new for $9.99.

bread's done
Back