Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='ospriteo']Posted this in the main Target clearance thread. The one at 97th Street next to Oak Park mall had a bunch of games on clearance. They are on the end cap at the corner of the store. I don't remember the title or price but they had a bunch of DS, PSP and PS2 or 3 games. The xbox games are below.

Xbox 360 Games
Pop Cap Arcade - 9.98
Saints Row - 9.98
Tiger Woods 08 - 14.98
Madden 08 - 14.98
Bully - 19.98
Bioshock - 19.98
NBA Ballers: Chose One - 19.98
Kane & Lynch - I think this was 19.98
The Club - 24.98[/QUOTE]

Thanks, might have to check it out. Today I was at the Wal-mart on Shawnee Mission Pkwy, just east of 435, and noticed they had a end rack of clearance games. Nothing too great but I did see a couple of copies of Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 for $10. I saw a price tag for Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii for $7.50 but unfortunately all of the copies in the case were gone. Lot of other games for all systems as well but nothing else really grabbed my attention.

Yeah, The Harrisonville Gamestop gets some gems some times. I got a used Futurama for PS2 there a couple of months ago. The game sucks, but it is a collectors item

->Ryu

Damn, I went to the Best Buy near Metro North Mall this past weekend hoping to score a headset included copy of Warhawk for $30 (others have reported getting it there due to the GH version coming out). No go... They were on top of things and apparently have two separate sku's in the computer... Rang up $49.99.

Hey all, I was at Blockbuster at 95th and Antioch in Overland Park, and they had a bunch of new clearance games. The prices were only $10-$15 off MSRP, but they had things like

Xbox 360
GRID $49.99

Wii
Dragon Quest $29.99 (I think)
House of the Dead 2/3 - $19.99

PSP
Chains of Olympus $29.99

PS3
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - $29.99

They had Dark Sector, Condemned 2, and Vikiing for $29.99, but I think GameStop have these for $19.99 new

They had more titles, but can't recall them

->Ryu

I went to the Target at Metcalf and 65th~ish. They keep their clearance stuff in the case, for the most part. I didn't see much- FFTA2 was in the case but not clearanced and no Metroid or Resident Evil :(

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I went to the Target at Metcalf and 65th~ish. They keep their clearance stuff in the case, for the most part. I didn't see much- FFTA2 was in the case but not clearanced and no Metroid or Resident Evil :(

SI[/quote]

The Target off I-29 and Chouteau in the northland had Metroid for about $34.xx. I also saw Bully for the Wii at the Liberty Target for $24.xx. No RE at either of them though, that's the main one I was looking for. The Liberty Target had several Wii, PS3, and 360 games on clearance.

Oh, I was at the Lawrence one this weekend, too. There were a couple of copies of RE but no Metroid or FFTA2, which are the two I'm looking for :(

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Oh, I was at the Lawrence one this weekend, too. There were a couple of copies of RE but no Metroid or FFTA2, which are the two I'm looking for :(

SI[/quote]

The Chouteau store is very close to my house so I'm in there all the time. I can keep an eye on Metroid and nab one for you if it drops further. Maybe if you find a copy of RE cheap we could make a trade.

I'll try to keep a lookout. Kindof busy week ahead as I'll be moving in 2 weeks. I won't be posting in this thread any more as I'll be in Virginia :(

SI

[quote name='Ryu4096']Hey all, I was at Blockbuster at 95th and Antioch in Overland Park, and they had a bunch of new clearance games. The prices were only $10-$15 off MSRP, but they had things like

Xbox 360
GRID $49.99

Wii
Dragon Quest $29.99 (I think)
House of the Dead 2/3 - $19.99

PSP
Chains of Olympus $29.99

PS3
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - $29.99

They had Dark Sector, Condemned 2, and Vikiing for $29.99, but I think GameStop have these for $19.99 new

They had more titles, but can't recall them

->Ryu[/quote]

Hey can you keep an eye out for a used copy of Boom Blox at that store. I've been waiting patiently for one to show up. Thanks!

hey guys i'm new to the forums. Out of curiousity, does anyone post from the Wichita metro area??? I see a lot of Kansas City and up North postings but none for the south central.

The Target on Shawnee Mission Parkway/435 had a lot of the clearance games in the display and on one of the end caps.

The Walmart next to them had some clearance games going for $7.50-$20.00 in a display case in the isle (not the case that says games 19.98 and under, there is another one) There is a bunch of back to school shopping going on this weekend so it's crowded.

[quote name='ospriteo']The Target on Shawnee Mission Parkway/435 had a lot of the clearance games in the display and on one of the end caps.

The Walmart next to them had some clearance games going for $7.50-$20.00 in a display case in the isle (not the case that says games 19.98 and under, there is another one) There is a bunch of back to school shopping going on this weekend so it's crowded.[/quote]

Did you see any Dancing with the Stars for the Wii marked at $7.50 at Target?

I didn't see that one on the end cap but it could have been in the case, i didn't check out the WII display cases. The three games i'm pretty sure i saw for the WII were Nights: Journey of Dreams, Spiderwick Chronicles and Madden 08. I remember seeing the WWE game but i don't remember which system it was for.

Xbox games I know i saw
The Darkness - 9.98
Bully - 14.98
Bioshock - 19.98
Kane and Lynch - 19.98
Viking - 19.98
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom - 19.98 - 1 left
The Club - 24.98

Most of the games were still in the display cases but they had the red clearance stickers on them.

The 7.50 game at walmart was DS elite beat agents. All of the other games in the case were stacked in no order. Stuff like Hannah Montana for the WII

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn, I went to the Best Buy near Metro North Mall this past weekend hoping to score a headset included copy of Warhawk for $30 (others have reported getting it there due to the GH version coming out). No go... They were on top of things and apparently have two separate sku's in the computer... Rang up $49.99.[/QUOTE]

I got this at least like a couple of weeks ago for $30 for the headset one at BB on Metcalf. Don't know if they still have them though.
I got it only with the headset for that price as $30 for the game without it is a ripoff. I consider $30 too much for just a multiplayer game unless there's a headset that comes with it.
Oh btw does anyone know of a used game shop around where I could pick up a Saturn S-Video cable or will I have to get one online?

BB on 119th and Metcalf has a 50% off clearance endcap in the video games section. (Finally!)
360, Wii, PSP, DS, PS2... Lots of stuff there, I forgot to take a pic.

Also, note that they didn't have correct prices in the system, so tell the cashier if anything rings up wrong.

[quote name='CMorrigu']BB on 119th and Metcalf has a 50% off clearance endcap in the video games section. (Finally!)
360, Wii, PSP, DS, PS2... Lots of stuff there, I forgot to take a pic.

Also, note that they didn't have correct prices in the system, so tell the cashier if anything rings up wrong.[/QUOTE]

What are we talking about for the PSP? NO PS3? :whistle2:(

PS2? Cheap "Odin Sphere"?

[quote name='trentset28']hey guys i'm new to the forums. Out of curiousity, does anyone post from the Wichita metro area??? I see a lot of Kansas City and up North postings but none for the south central.[/quote]

there's a few people here from the wichita/surrounding area. the most active posters in this thread are all up in the kc area though.

[quote name='Sarang01']What are we talking about for the PSP? NO PS3? :whistle2:(

PS2? Cheap "Odin Sphere"?[/QUOTE]

Umm, I seem to recall Harvey Birdman PSP was $10. I think there were some PS3 games, but I don't remember which ones. I know All Pro Football 2K8 360 was like $3.50 or something ridiculous. I think Golden Compass 360 was $9. The Wii stuff I seem to recall were all crappy looking minigames. I thought I would take a picture, so I didn't try to remember much.

[quote name='trentset28']hey guys i'm new to the forums. Out of curiousity, does anyone post from the Wichita metro area??? I see a lot of Kansas City and up North postings but none for the south central.[/quote]

As stated above, the KC area has a lot more posters but we get some Wichita from time to time. :)

SI

I posted this in the Target thread but I thought I should mention it here. I don't know if this applies to all of the metro area stores but it happened for me at the one in the northland off of I-35 and Chouteau...

I bough 4 - 12 packs of Coke (two Coke Zero and two Diet Coke) and received a $10 giftcard. The promo is supposed to happen when you buy Coke Zero and NCAA Football 09. Seems like a glitch that can result in some cheap Coke for area CAGs. I'm hoping I can get back out later so I can buy some more and give it another shot.

If anyone cares, I heard one of the employees at the TRU near Oak Park mall say something about getting 62 Wiis in stock. I didn't see any myself (didn't look or ask), but the people in front of me were buying one, so they may still be in stock.

Yep, I'm from Wichita, KS. I'm surprised there aren't more folks from the Wichita area. Oh well, more great deals for us right?:bouncy:

This isn't a video game deal but thought the KC folks might want to know...

I logged in to pay my KCPL (Kansas City Power and Light) bill tonight and they are giving away vouchers for 2 free Royals tickets if you go to the energy analyzer page once your logged in. There are only a few games left to use it, but, hey, 2 seats for the price of parking is pretty good.

Later,
T

bb_080902.jpg

50% off shelf is still going at the BB 119th & Metcalf. There's also a 60% off shelf. Here's a pic, lots of stuff there looked mostly to be crap, but some better stuff was mixed in.

I bought a copy of Madden 09 CE for the PS3 on clearance for $63 tonight at the Liberty Supertarget. They still had a couple copies left if anyone else was interested. I was really hoping it would've hit 50% off by now. I'm going to either keep it sealed in case of a price drop or go to one of the other stores in town where the price has dropped and see if I can get them to refund the difference.

[quote name='KansasFF']NFM (www.nfm.com for ad) has PS3 versions of Tiger Woods 09 and NCAA Football 09 for 29.99. This is a possible mismark, but I took the ad to Best Buy and got it price matched.[/quote]

Thanks, I think I'll go pick up a copy from Sears.

Vintage Stock stores will be having a fall sale this weekend (October 4 and 5). The deals include:

• Buy 2, Get 1 Free - Used video games, used movies, used music
  • Buy 1, Get 1 Free - Sports cards, game cards, back issue comics
  • 25% Off - All pre-owned toys and action figures
http://www.vintagestock.com

[quote name='chuckx47']Vintage Stock stores will be having a fall sale this weekend (October 4 and 5). The deals include:

• Buy 2, Get 1 Free - Used video games, used movies, used music
  • Buy 1, Get 1 Free - Sports cards, game cards, back issue comics
  • 25% Off - All pre-owned toys and action figures
http://www.vintagestock.com[/quote]

On a lot of the games though you are still paying more than you would at Gamestop even with the deal, so be careful on what you select.

[quote name='schuerm26']On a lot of the games though you are still paying more than you would at Gamestop even with the deal, so be careful on what you select.[/quote]

Good point. With Vintage Stock, I'm usually more interested in the older games that Gamestop does not deal in (i.e. PS1,SNES,NES,etc.).

After scouring the selection at Vintage Stock near 92nd and Metcalf. I walked out with the following:

:ps2: God Hand
:gc: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
PS1 Bushido Blade

Definitely heed the warning about pricing vs. Gamestop.

In a lot of cases, Gamestop has the better price (i.e. Final Fantasy XII Collectors Edition is $29.99 at Vintage Stock and $17.99 at Gamestop). Sometimes, it's the other way around though (God Hand is $14.99 at Vintage stock and $17.99 at Gamestop).

The Super Target in Liberty has a Piano Black PSP with an AS-IS sticker for $119.xx. Looks like the package had been ripped open and re-sealed. Not a bad deal if someone was looking for one. I haven't found much else in the way of deals in the KC area.

[quote name='rperez1025']Bummer, looks like Circuit City is closing the stores in our area:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202358

It sucks because there will no longer be any monthly clearances or nice new release gift card deals to take advantage of. And the new one on Quivira just opened up about a year ago, too. If you have any gift cards you better start using them up.[/quote]

Yeah the store in Liberty MO just opened this past summer.

[quote name='ospriteo']They are in the middle of building one at johnson drive and I35. Is that one going to close to?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, yes. Anyone had a chance to visit one lately? I'm wondering if they are still Circuit City and they're just clearancing stuff or if they are actually taken over by some liquidator and retagging the prices on things again.

[quote name='rperez1025']Unfortunately, yes. Anyone had a chance to visit one lately? I'm wondering if they are still Circuit City and they're just clearancing stuff or if they are actually taken over by some liquidator and retagging the prices on things again.[/quote]
I went to the one on 95th street Wednesday during lunch and they were still circuit city. The clearance was 10-30% with all games, computers at 10% and DVDs at 20%. The store was still full of stuff probably because saving $4 on video games is not really a deal.

I can confirm that the Target near Oak Park Mall has The Orange Box (360) for 19.99. They only had one left on the shelf, but I assume the other Targets in the area will have the same deal. You can check stock on the Target website.
Take care,

umcthomas

I was in the Best Buy in Topeka recently and they had a display of Wii's that was pretty big. It was by the new release cd's.

bread's done
Back