kanye west has a twin.. Ma$e!

rimsforsale

Banned
was watching mtv making the video... then realized that he looked exactly and flows like kanye west.. its been in the back of my mind since kanye threw out his first single..

lmfao. You may just be right. Weird thing is that i can't stand Ma$e, but I think West is pretty good

Actually, in a Rolling Stone interview with Kanye West from a few months back, they asked who he thought are the five greatest rappers ever, and guess who was number one? Mase. And no, I am not making this up. The rest of the top five were obvious people like Jay-Z, BIG, etc.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Actually, in a Rolling Stone interview with Kanye West from a few months back, they asked who he thought are the five greatest rappers ever, and guess who was number one? Mase. And no, I am not making this up. The rest of the top five were obvious people like Jay-Z, BIG, etc.[/quote]

u fer reals? is that artical online?? no wonder kanye sounds so much like him... i dont know bout the looks thou..

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']West, not bad. He hangs with Common, also a good performer. Mase? Well, he was once P. Diddy's sidekick. Do I even need to say anything else?[/quote]

when it was puff daddy and mase, didnt you think mase was the better one? i know i did. (ya'll still remember it was puff daddy rite? then he changed it to p.diddy.. ack.. wtf.. n aint it strange that name change thing didnt work for prince.. formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince formerly known as some sign thing.. and changed his name back to prince........................)

mase vs kanye

mirrors:
looks
flow style
influence (church)
content (xept kanye raps alot bout bitches n dough still)

the beat is ovious different cause they have different "posses" but that artical thing is pretty trippy.

edit add: i think they both crazy rappers but i cant stand kanye prancing around with a backpack all the time, and calling himself the "backpack rapper" uh... ok kanye....

kanye isnt bad.. i havent heard Mase.

but the song Through the Wire blows... he doesnt sing for more than 10 seconds on that song at a time... he'll sing for a few seconds then that annoying high pitched voice sings for a long time.. then he sings for a few more seconds.

[quote name='rimsforsale']when it was puff daddy and mase, didnt you think mase was the better one? i know i did. (ya'll still remember it was puff daddy rite? then he changed it to p.diddy.. ack.. wtf.. n aint it strange that name change thing didnt work for prince.. formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince formerly known as some sign thing.. and changed his name back to prince........................[/quote]

Ok, I'll give you that one. You could compare almost any decent rapper to Puffy and they'd look good. I'll admit I haven't given Mase much of a chance, mostly because he came out of that late super bling-bling era of rap, which I hate. I'm not even a huge fan of Jay-Z, which I suppose kills my credibility. Lately I've been really getting into Jurassic 5, Dilated Peoples and the like. The Native Tongues crew is good stuff too, especially Mos Def and Black Star.

I'm not even a huge fan of Jay-Z, which I suppose kills my credibility. Lately I've been really getting into Jurassic 5, Dilated Peoples and the like. The Native Tongues crew is good stuff too, especially Mos Def and Black Star.

This actually gives you credibility. Jay-Z is an average rapper, at best. In his last album, he even admits that he dumbed down his lyrics to make more money, and that he isn't as good as a rapper as some one like Common, for example. 2Pac was also greatly overrated.

I think that the cream of the crop are Nas, Mos Def, GZA, Method Man (before his most recent debacle), and Ghostface Killa.

[quote name='jalu6']wait. Mase is back? I thought he found God and quit rapping? i guess I havent been watching enough MTV.[/quote]

have you heard his new song? welcome back welcome back welcome back! haha

[quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='jalu6']wait. Mase is back? I thought he found God and quit rapping? i guess I havent been watching enough MTV.[/quote]

have you heard his new song? welcome back welcome back welcome back! haha[/quote]

wow, no I havent heard the song yet. I guess Jesus wasn't going to buy Mase a Bentley, so he had to return. Is he still on Bad Boy with Puffy?

I dunno. I like Jay-z a lot and i think he has some real talent. Sure, he may not get as deep as some of the other rappers on that list above, but in pure hitmaking ability, he blows them all away. Plus, i think that 99 problems song may be the hardest rap song ever. And it uses a cowbell no less.

I can't see how Mase can reclaim his success since his new lyrics seem too wholesome for most... but apparently his new single is doing pretty good. I like his old material better though.

On a side note, I always thought Inspectah Deck was underrated.

[quote name='jalu6'][quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='jalu6']wait. Mase is back? I thought he found God and quit rapping? i guess I havent been watching enough MTV.[/quote]

have you heard his new song? welcome back welcome back welcome back! haha[/quote]

wow, no I havent heard the song yet. I guess Jesus wasn't going to buy Mase a Bentley, so he had to return. Is he still on Bad Boy with Puffy?

I dunno. I like Jay-z a lot and i think he has some real talent. Sure, he may not get as deep as some of the other rappers on that list above, but in pure hitmaking ability, he blows them all away. Plus, i think that 99 problems song may be the hardest rap song ever. And it uses a cowbell no less.[/quote]

i don't think he's cussing in his songs anymore and rapping about drugs and hoes; so I guess you can say he has changed

^ I saw something on MTV news where they were talking about his new video. He said there were some scantily clad chics walking onto the set and he sent them away to put on some more respectable clothing. Expect his songs/videos to be on the morally high ground.

[quote name='rimsforsale'][quote name='Dead of Knight']Actually, in a Rolling Stone interview with Kanye West from a few months back, they asked who he thought are the five greatest rappers ever, and guess who was number one? Mase. And no, I am not making this up. The rest of the top five were obvious people like Jay-Z, BIG, etc.[/quote]

u fer reals? is that artical online?? no wonder kanye sounds so much like him... i dont know bout the looks thou..

[/quote]

I read it in the magazine and tried to find it on RS's site but to no avail. Sorry.

has Mase's style changed at all since Harlem World??

that fool had absolutely no delivery at all, neither did Puffy. That's prolly why they were always together

[quote name='Cracka']kanye isnt bad.. i havent heard Mase.

but the song Through the Wire blows... he doesnt sing for more than 10 seconds on that song at a time... he'll sing for a few seconds then that annoying high pitched voice sings for a long time.. then he sings for a few more seconds.[/quote]

That annoying voice you hear is Chaka Kahn's

but the song Through the Wire blows... he doesnt sing for more than 10 seconds on that song at a time... he'll sing for a few seconds then that annoying high pitched voice sings for a long time.. then he sings for a few more seconds.[/quote]

I am sure he would have had more lyrics but when he did Throught the Wire, his mouth was wired shut. Nasty car wreck.

Ma$e saved Puffy after Biggy died. He was the only one left of that trio that had any talent. Look at what Puffy has done lately... A Raisin in the Sun?

u havnt heard mase? if u dont mind me asking how old are you?

bread's done
Back