Kanye West Is A Jackass - Obama Confirms!

[quote name='DestroVega']No shit... there isn't really a better producer/artist out right now than this guy[/QUOTE]

That's only because Outkast isn't doing anything right now. If you are talking commercially successful hip-hop, Outkast is almost without peer.

[quote name='DestroVega']No shit... there isn't really a better producer/artist out right now than this guy...[/QUOTE]

You don't deserve to rock that avatar.

I wonder how many of you realize that you're all giving him what he wanted by doing this: attention.

[quote name='zewone']You don't deserve to rock that avatar.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I wonder how many of you realize that you're all giving him what he wanted by doing this: attention.[/QUOTE]

Not really. He wants money. I'm not buying his next CD (not that I bought his others either). Me talking about him isn't doing shit for his life.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not really. He wants money. I'm not buying his next CD (not that I bought his others either). Me talking about him isn't doing shit for his life.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Seconded.[/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, someone from his crew goes up to him and is like "Yo, Kanye! Kanye! You gotta see this! These guys on cheapassgamer.com are talking about you! It's awesome, man! Put down your fishdicks and come look!"

And then Kanye's like "No, man! I love fishdicks! I'm not putting down my fishdicks for anything!"

Annnnd scene...

I didn't consider that possibility. Oh well. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not really. He wants money. I'm not buying his next CD (not that I bought his others either). Me talking about him isn't doing shit for his life.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding me? He has the worst case of narcissistic personality disorder that I've ever seen.

[quote name='slickkill77']The only good part of this thread: Reminding me that Muse played at the VMA's. So now I get to watch them kick ass live[/QUOTE]
OH fuck! Now I gotta watch!

[quote name='Liquid 2']I wonder how many of you realize that you're all giving him what he wanted by doing this: attention.[/QUOTE]

Like all things, attention has limits to its usefulness.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...can't believe the shit he pulled at the VMA's tonight (well, actually I can, but that makes it even more pathetic). I think everybody is used to his constant bitching and whining when he doesn't win awards. But for him to go up and take the microphone from a tiny 19 year old girl, who had just won her first VMA? What a fucking loser! I wonder if he would have done the same thing if Lady Gaga had won the award...or if he would have been scared she'd kick his ass.

I always thought Kanye's music was clever, and I thought he did a decent job walking the line between promoting himself and being an asshole, but picking on a little country girl is messed up. I guess he actually DIDN'T learn anything from that South Park episode.

The worst part about it is, think of what he did to perpetuate stereotypes there. How many people could have been watching the VMA's for the first time because of Taylor Swift being on it. And all they see is the loud-mouth black guy picking on the sweet, harmless white girl. Of course you and I know there's more to it than that...but on the surface, that's how it looks. Nice job, Kanye. You're a detriment to your race.[/QUOTE]
First of all I want to say that your avatar looks like me. LOL! Second, I understand your point, but don't ever write that in a thread. You already know the repercussions when you play a race card. I didn't say "The" race card, I said "A" race card. In other words despite your honesty it never goes over well. How ironic, that you would say about the Kanye' situation, it may be something else, but on the surface....etc. Same rule applies here. BTW, I am black and I think Kanye' is an ass. I also thinks he is a genius in what he does. But I know he is black. Get the point.

i love kanye's music, but this was a true dick move. Beyonce on the other hand is the one who came out as the better person and shows that she has class.

[quote name='slickkill77']The only good part of this thread: Reminding me that Muse played at the VMA's. So now I get to watch them kick ass live[/QUOTE]

I kept thinking "WTF is Muse doing at the VMAs? They're too awesome for MTV."

[quote name='slickkill77']Its near the end, but on the website they have Muse playing Uprising(played on the show), Resistance, and United States of Eurasia.[/QUOTE]
Watching them now, thanks. Can't wait for new CD tomorrow.

[quote name='Rodimus']I kept thinking "WTF is Muse doing at the VMAs? They're too awesome for MTV."[/QUOTE]
Pretty much.

[quote name='zewone']You don't deserve to rock that avatar.[/QUOTE]

I can't include DOOM when Kanye dwarf's his success... but I do think Kanye at times steals DOOM's style... check the Common beat for "They Say"... it's a DOOM beat essentially.

[quote name='Rodimus']I kept thinking "WTF is Muse doing at the VMAs? They're too awesome for MTV."[/QUOTE]

You should think the opposite...

"The VMA's should have more awesome bands like Muse...."

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That's only because Outkast isn't doing anything right now. If you are talking commercially successful hip-hop, Outkast is almost without peer.[/QUOTE]

Outkast don't sell the albums Kanye does though, if you want to go "commercial" to "commercial"... right now the "commercial" best rappers go like this...

1. Lil' Wayne
2. Eminem
3. Kanye West
4. 50 Cent
5. Jay-Z

no one does any numbers anymore... While it's better because in the late 90's every rapper with any single was going gold... it's pretty terrible the best album sales wise, in any genre, in one year sells only 3 million.

Disgusting actually.

Oh... I finally get what this thread is about after my original post in here. I don't waste my time with the MTV Music awards.

Just another one of his examples of why he's a douche... And a gayfish...

Commercial success is not a measure of quality, since the average consumer is a mouthbreathing, money spending machine that buys whatever media organizations demand.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Commercial success is not a measure of quality, since the average consumer is a mouthbreathing, money spending machine that buys whatever media organizations demand.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was... but I'm just saying there are two separate measuring sticks.

[quote name='ricoraney']First of all I want to say that your avatar looks like me. LOL! Second, I understand your point, but don't ever write that in a thread. You already know the repercussions when you play a race card. I didn't say "The" race card, I said "A" race card. In other words despite your honesty it never goes over well. How ironic, that you would say about the Kanye' situation, it may be something else, but on the surface....etc. Same rule applies here. BTW, I am black and I think Kanye' is an ass. I also thinks he is a genius in what he does. But I know he is black. Get the point.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you're coming from. I knew people would be hypersensitive to the racial aspect of it, but at the time, I thought I did a better job clarifying what I meant. When I used phrases like "all they see is..." and "you and I know there's more to it than that", I was talking about how it would be perceived by people who are susceptible to racist thought, and that most of us are smarter than making that kind of judgment. I just meant that Kanye's actions played up to it...and he wasn't doing himself any favors. My later posts probably clarify that a little better, but yeah...I don't expect anybody to sift through this entire thread picking out responses.

I just edited my original post so nobody else takes it the wrong way. Hopefully it's a little clearer now that I just meant others might have seen it that way, and not that that was my feeling on it. Trust me, I've known assholes of all colors and creeds. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think this was blown out of proportion. Taylor Swift shouldn't of given him the microphone if she had any common sense, and if the security staff had any common sense they would have stopped him from going up or taking him off stage as he went up. You know the guy has done it before. MTV let it happen because it grabs attention.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Comedy Central is running the fish dicks episode from 9pm to 8am tomorrow night in order to grant Kanye the air time he obviously wants so badly :applause:

[quote name='DestroVega']Outkast don't sell the albums Kanye does though, if you want to go "commercial" to "commercial"... right now the "commercial" best rappers go like this...

1. Lil' Wayne
2. Eminem
3. Kanye West
4. 50 Cent
5. Jay-Z

no one does any numbers anymore... While it's better because in the late 90's every rapper with any single was going gold... it's pretty terrible the best album sales wise, in any genre, in one year sells only 3 million.

Disgusting actually.[/QUOTE]

From Wiki so it might not be completely accurate but: Over 25 million copies have been sold of OutKast's eight releases: six studio albums, a greatest hits release, and Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, a double album containing a solo album from each member.

They were/are ridiculously successful on a commercial level and made some of the finest music hip-hop had/has to offer. Give me a fuckin' break.

[quote name='DestroVega']Outkast don't sell the albums Kanye does though, if you want to go "commercial" to "commercial"... right now the "commercial" best rappers go like this...

Disgusting actually.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers.

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below has been certified diamond and 11 times platinum by the RIAA for shipping more than 11 million units (in this case, 5.5 million double album sets), becoming the best selling rap album of all time. [5

And that was in 2003/2004 for Outkast.

http://www.defsounds.com/articles/Top_10_highest_selling_rap_albums_of_all_time_5_1

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_in_the_United_States

Yes, he was a douchebag at the vmas but hasn't he been plenty before? And seriously, why does anyone with a life really care so much? This is celebrity soap opera and you are all feeding into it. VMAs, woo hoo!

And OP, Kanye or anyone need not worry about already racist folk feeding the stereotypes they want to feed.

She shoulda taken that award and f'd him up with it.

I dont listen to her stuff but had she done that, Im sure she would have SOLD a helluva lot more for it. Hell, I would have bought one of her CD's in support.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers.

And that was in 2003/2004 for Outkast.

http://www.defsounds.com/articles/Top_10_highest_selling_rap_albums_of_all_time_5_1

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_in_the_United_States[/QUOTE]

so.. Outkast drops an album tomorrow and they outsell Kanye, Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne, 50 or Eminem?.... no.

And like I said, it doesn't mean these guys are better, it's just the way the market is.

my favorite rapper can't break 200,000... some of my other favorites don't sell 50,000...

Raekwon has the best album so far in hip-hop this year... it won't come close to big numbers.. it's just the way it is.

[quote name='DestroVega']so.. Outkast drops an album tomorrow and they outsell Kanye, Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne, 50 or Eminem?.... no.

And like I said, it doesn't mean these guys are better, it's just the way the market is.

my favorite rapper can't break 200,000... some of my other favorites don't sell 50,000...

Raekwon has the best album so far in hip-hop this year... it won't come close to big numbers.. it's just the way it is.[/QUOTE]

You said Outkast doesn't sell the albums Kanye does. The RIAA has facts that prove otherwise. Whether you think they are the best or Raekwon is is your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that, but Outkast selling the most in history is undisputed fact and is the topic of your post that I quoted.

[quote name='DestroVega']
You should think the opposite...

"The VMA's should have more awesome bands like Muse...."[/QUOTE]

It's MTV's way of thinking they are launching a new band like last year when they had Kings of Leon on. Granted, I don't think they are that awesome of a band. Uprising is a fairly repetitive song.

As for Kanye vs Outkast sidebar, Outkast in their prime is 10-20x better than the majority of rappers today. I hope that Kid Cudi doesn't start turning into Kanye... he sure is starting to become an ass.

I think people are missing my point... today's record industry is totally different than it was even 5 years ago.

OutKast sold 11 million albums, (5.5 really, just because it's two CD's doesn't mean it should count twice, but whatever)... that same album released with the same good music today would probably only sell 3 million (1.5)

I'm sure Kanye's best selling album would have sold more than 6 million in the old industry climate...

You can't dispute that... and, again, I was only talking about current artists and who are the big sellers. MC Hammer sold a lot of albums once too.

And I'm not discrediting any artist, like I said, most of my favorites are underground, they don't sell anything.

Lol at people saying kanye fell off. Dude is still great at what he does: sampling beats and rapping on them. What is funny here is that kanye made MTV relavent for the first time in years, and did it in just ten seconds.

[quote name='DestroVega']I think people are missing my point... today's record industry is totally different than it was even 5 years ago.

OutKast sold 11 million albums, (5.5 really, just because it's two CD's doesn't mean it should count twice, but whatever)... that same album released with the same good music today would probably only sell 3 million (1.5)

I'm sure Kanye's best selling album would have sold more than 6 million in the old industry climate...

You can't dispute that... and, again, I was only talking about current artists and who are the big sellers. MC Hammer sold a lot of albums once too.

And I'm not discrediting any artist, like I said, most of my favorites are underground, they don't sell anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really disagreeing with you completely but I think Outkast at the height of their popularity would outsell Yeezy.

[quote name='DestroVega']I think people are missing my point... today's record industry is totally different than it was even 5 years ago.

And I'm not discrediting any artist, like I said, most of my favorites are underground, they don't sell anything.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with that too. In today's hiphop, you have all that dance hiphop that is taking up the money from legitimate rappers i.e. Soulja Boy, VIC, Pitbull, Black Eyed Peas, New Boyz, etc. Back in Outkast's prime, the majority of rappers actually spit rhymes and had messages so it was harder to sell an album.

I never said that Kanye is not a good rapper.... I am just saying he never was or will be as successful as Outkast in their prime. He will never have a "Hey Ya" track that captures people from all types of genres. None of Kanye's songs will stay with me as songs like Rosa Parks and Elevators have.

[quote name='lordopus99']I disagree with that too. In today's hiphop, you have all that dance hiphop that is taking up the money from legitimate rappers i.e. Soulja Boy, VIC, Pitbull, Black Eyed Peas, New Boyz, etc. Back in Outkast's prime, the majority of rappers actually spit rhymes and had messages so it was harder to sell an album.

I never said that Kanye is not a good rapper.... I am just saying he never was or will be as successful as Outkast in their prime. He will never have a "Hey Ya" track that captures people from all types of genres. None of Kanye's songs will stay with me as songs like Rosa Parks and Elevators have.[/QUOTE]

Well I totally agree that Kanye isn't Outkast.

bread's done
Back