Kanye West Is A Jackass - Obama Confirms!

[quote name='ananag112']Soulja Boy...a legitimate rapper!?[/QUOTE]

You read that wrong, he was referring to him as "dance hip-hop". And I completely agree with what he said. I repeat this fact over and over to my friends about how its nothing but garbage played anymore, when I was in high school (until 2004), hip-hop actually had good lyrical content. Thank you for assuring me I'm not actually alone in believing that.

[quote name='tgk2044']You read that wrong, he was referring to him as "dance hip-hop". And I completely agree with what he said. I repeat this fact over and over to my friends about how its nothing but garbage played anymore, when I was in high school (until 2004), hip-hop actually had good lyrical content. Thank you for assuring me I'm not actually alone in believing that.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. I see my mistake.

I think Rap music died with Notorious BIG

This made me chuckle.

kanye_swift.jpg

[quote name='sighrex']I really think this was blown out of proportion. Taylor Swift shouldn't of given him the microphone if she had any common sense, and if the security staff had any common sense they would have stopped him from going up or taking him off stage as he went up. You know the guy has done it before. MTV let it happen because it grabs attention.[/QUOTE]
Yea, but I think people make the mistake of thinking MTV is a separate floating entity. It is just average joe security guards and who the hell is going to stop Kanye West?

There is plenty of great hip-hop left if you actually looked instead of waiting for the radio/MTV to tell you what to listen to.

[quote name='zewone']There is plenty of great hip-hop left if you actually looked instead of waiting for the radio/MTV to tell you what to listen to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but what they are saying is, back in the late 90's, radio and MTV WAS playing good hip-hop... I remember hearing awesome music on Hot 97 in NYC in 2000.... it's the first time I heard "Apollo Kids" on that station on a Saturday night mix.

Now you are right, you need to dig for it.

[quote name='help1']Lol at people saying kanye fell off. Dude is still great at what he does: sampling beats and rapping on them. What is funny here is that kanye made MTV relavent for the first time in years, and did it in just ten seconds.[/QUOTE]

on the topic of his beats..

i love hearing when people bitch about all he does is sample (and that he stole from Daft Punk), not remembering that hip hop was born on sampling. all those DJs were spinning and mixing soul records before rappers even showed up to rhyme over them.

[quote name='DougCL']on the topic of his beats..

i love hearing when people bitch about all he does is sample (and that he stole from Daft Punk), not remembering that hip hop was born on sampling. all those DJs were spinning and mixing soul records before rappers even showed up to rhyme over them.[/QUOTE]

Heck, Daft Punk sampled Edwin Birdsong for that song anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8

Yeah, thank you for point that, Guile. Yeezy does tend to make his more accessible shit obvious when it comes to sampling, though. Ah well, he's had some gems.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This made me chuckle.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that's really good! It's like Multiplicity. Except where's the retarded one who didn't quite come out all right. Wait, nevermind. I guess they all are. :)

"Yo, Imma let you finish but...she touched my pepe Steve." :drool:

i love hearing when people bitch about all he does is sample (and that he stole from Daft Punk), not remembering that hip hop was born on sampling. all those DJs were spinning and mixing soul records before rappers even showed up to rhyme over them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not bitching, I am just not saying he "creates beats." I like Kanye's music, don't get it twisted.

Kanye is such a sore loser, He should be in jail after hurting paparazzi, And after that Putting Taylor Swift into shame in front of millions of people, He got annoyed because he did not get anything from the MTV awards hes expecting too much from his crap music videos, then hes going to ditch Patrick Swyze's death.

Sort of off topic, but I know the Muse being too awesome for the VMAs and their new CD has been mentioned around this thread, so I just thought I'd ask:

Has anyone heard the whole thing yet? From the 30 second samples I listened to in the iTunes store, I really only liked the first song, so now I'm debating whether or not I should buy it. Muse is one of the few bands I actually like to support, but I don't really want to buy the whole CD for one song...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Comedy Central is running the fish dicks episode from 9pm to 8am tomorrow night in order to grant Kanye the air time he obviously wants so badly :applause:[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

That's not even close to what their website says:

Get more Kanye! Say you're sorry with Atom's new "Kanye West Apology Generator" and watch South Park's Fishsticks, airing four times in a row tonight starting at 9pm / 8c.

Two hours =/= Eleven hours.

I don't care that he samples, nor mind that hip-hop artists sample, but I just find that he took a better than average Daft Punk song and butchered it.

It would seem a new meme has been born...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']:whistle2:s

That's not even close to what their website says:

Two hours =/= Eleven hours.[/QUOTE]

#-o Well then, the fellow who informed me of this airing is an idiot who can't read. I will be letting him know he's retarded the next time I talk to him...

[quote name='DestroVega']I think people are missing my point... today's record industry is totally different than it was even 5 years ago.

OutKast sold 11 million albums, (5.5 really, just because it's two CD's doesn't mean it should count twice, but whatever)... that same album released with the same good music today would probably only sell 3 million (1.5)

I'm sure Kanye's best selling album would have sold more than 6 million in the old industry climate...

You can't dispute that... and, again, I was only talking about current artists and who are the big sellers. MC Hammer sold a lot of albums once too.

And I'm not discrediting any artist, like I said, most of my favorites are underground, they don't sell anything.[/QUOTE]

You're measuring success relatively based on the popularity of the CD. What you don't realize is that, despite the lowest CD sales in years, the music industry is bigger than it's ever been before.
This handicap you're giving Kanye because "people buy fewer CDs" is based on your idea that the only way money can be made from music is with sale of albums, and your preconceived notion that Kanye is a more popular artist that you're looking to "prove."

I havent watched the VMA's in a few years. I liked it years ago, Snoop"s Murder Was The Case performance was great, now it seems like it got too mainstream and plugs WAY too many things on it now.

Taylor Swift is whiter, taller, and younger than Kanye. Kanye is just jealous. Kanye is even more jealous because T. Swift has a real vagina as opposed to his own fake vagina. Kanye has a fake vagina. This is all true.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdDKEFFU7Q[/QUOTE]

Love this! I also love that they referred to it as "the Joe Wilson treatment". And I hope to God he doesn't apologize either. When the media freaks out on him over it, he should simply say "Well, do you disagree?" I understand that he's the President and he's supposed to have whatever stuffy persona that conservatives want him to have. But personally, I can really appreciate the ways that the Obama family comes off as regular people.

The media freaked out when Michelle wore shorts and sneakers to the Grand Canyon...when it's what you'd find any middle-aged mother wearing (well, any middle-aged mother who doesn't have a stick up her ass, I should say). And they freaked out when he may or may not have been checking out a younger woman's ass. But if that's not a family that's in touch with the common American, I don't know what is.

Whether or not Obama's big plans while he's in office work out still remains to be seen. But if we're going to start criticizing him for saying things and acting just like the rest of us, then we should start analyzing our own words and actions as well.

"Yo Patrick, I'm Really Happy For You, I'll Let You Finish, But Michael Jacksn Had One Of The Best Deaths Of All Time"

LOL but harsh. o_O;

Yes we all could see that Kanye West is just simply being honest. That's why truth hurts sometimes. x_X;

[quote name='Will']
finish.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, it's been years since the last time I played this game. Used to own but lost somewhere. Wow, I think like 13 years ago.

Thread title's "bitch" needs to change to "jackass".

The voice of my generation needed attention, haven't heard him in my bubble since South Park's "fishdick" episode.

Pink belies her intelligence with her "fuck authority" image.

[quote name='Spacepest']Finally Obama said something I can believe in.

And you really have to fuck up for the President of the United States to call you a jackass.[/QUOTE]

I'm just waiting for Kanye's inevitable "Barack Obama does not care about black people!" comments. :)

[quote name='Spacepest']You really have to fuck up for the President of the United States to call you a jackass.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is quotable! :lol:

God damn, how is this shit going to go down in the future? Somebody does something stupid and 10 mins later there are 50 photoshops and youtube videos making fun of them.

What's next?

[quote name='SpazX']God damn, how is this shit going to go down in the future? Somebody does something stupid and 10 mins later there are 50 photoshops and youtube videos making fun of them.

What's next?[/QUOTE]

uh.... welcome to the internets?

LOL.

I can't believe some folks are actually in an uproar over this bullshit. Sad. Not as sad as a few of you desperately trying to fuel an unnecessary race war out of it, but close enough.

Kanye West is in a God-tier caliber class of douche created by, for, and effortlessly maintained with the thought of himself in mind. Old news is old. Either get used to it or track him down and punch him in the face when you see him. Problem solved.

Is anybody else expecting SNL to do something big to make fun of Kanye this week? My wife and I were discussing it, and we decided we'd love to see them have "Kanye" interrupt every skit they do all night. Either that or do kinda what these photoshops have done and have a skit where he interrupts various big moments in history. The only thing I'm not sure of is who they would have play Kanye. I just think they've gotta do something with it. It's too good to ignore.

bread's done
Back