Karate Kid Collection all four movies 25 bucks

Chrono81

CAGiversary!
I got this today...you get all four movies for 25-30 bucks depending on where you buy it. It has special features on part one with interviews, commentaries, cast and crew overview and lots more. This is a good deal, because as far as I know the other single version dvds are out of print and I've seen people on Amazon trying to sell part one for 60-70 dollars. It's 24.99 at Target and 29.99 at CC.

[quote name='nonggame']Karate Kid sucked period :twisted:[/quote]

What are you fuckin me!?!? Wax on - Wax off... the first karate kid kicked major ass.

If I can find this for $25, I'd be all of it. Since it includes 4 movies, is it safe to assume it includes the Hilary Swank one? I remember that one being really, really terrible.

[quote name='dopa345']If I can find this for $25, I'd be all of it. Since it includes 4 movies, is it safe to assume it includes the Hilary Swank one? I remember that one being really, really terrible.[/quote]

Yep, it includes the snore-fest "The Next Karate Kid" starring Oscar winner Hillary Swank! Pop that bad boy in and prepare to be bored to f'n tears as the producers squeeze every last bit of legitimacy out of this once meaningful franchise! God that movie sucks Donkey balls! :roll:

[quote name='bignick']Picked my set up on Tuesday. Best thing about the next karate kid is that she has HUGE tits.[/quote]

and they know Karate! :D

The one with Hilary Swank wasn't that bad. It was no where near the quality of the first, but as a B-movie, it was alright. If nothing else, you can watch how she got her start in her career.

I heard this is a pretty piss-poor set. The quality of video and audio is lacking. I mean, usually an older movie will get a 5.1 soundtrack mix.....nope, all are 2.0

still not a bad price I suppose

What really shocked me is I went to check this out at Target's site, and they have the Back To The Future collection marked down to 19.99.

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='JSweeney']What really shocked me is I went to check this out at Target's site, and they have the Back To The Future collection marked down to 19.99.[/quote]

Price Drop....welcome to about 2 weeks ago ;)

There was also a thread here saying the same thing

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48661[/quote]

It's amazing how many threads just fly right below radar right now...
I guess it's good the board gets so much use, but if you don't check up every 6 hours or so, you're just lost :)

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='doubledown']Price Drop....welcome to about 2 weeks ago ;)

There was also a thread here saying the same thing

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48661[/quote]

It's amazing how many threads just fly right below radar right now...
I guess it's good the board gets so much use, but if you don't check up every 6 hours or so, you're just lost :)[/quote]
It's on the first page!

Anyway, yeah. I plan on picking this up, then selling off the last two - part 3 just never did it for me.

yeah, i've had no trouble seeing these deals. Back to the Future or this Karate Kid deal that was posted probably almost two weeks ago prior to it being in last Sunday's ad. this is old news. sorry, OP

and as for the set, i had it and any reviews i've heard are pretty good. Except of course for the fourth movie. Basically what it comes down to is that the first movie gets the special edition treatment and the last three are tacked on to complete the set.

[quote name='JSweeney']What really shocked me is I went to check this out at Target's site, and they have the Back To The Future collection marked down to 19.99.[/quote]

Hell of a deal also. Now all that needs to happen is the Indiana Jones set gets a price drop from 59.99.

Picked one up at CC the other day--they don't make movies like they used to anymore, and this will be great to show my kids one day.

Funny note--the golf n stuff that daniel takes his date to in part 1 is near my house, and it's still there, called golfnstuff still as well...although the water slide has been closed for about 10 years!

I bought it for $24.99 from Target. I love the movies period. Anytime, you can get a little oriental dude that can kick anybody's ass teach someone else how to do it to is just movie magic. They just didn't do it once they did it four times with two different people.

Funny fact, Hilary Swank who is up for an Oscar for Million Dollar Baby was in the Next Karate Kid. Where is Daniel-san?

bread's done
Back