Katamari Damacy DS

It doesnt say much, just that the new Nintendo Power lists Katamari Damacy as an upcoming Namco release for the DS... well I think this might seal the deal... I've been leaning DS for the past week or so, I'll just have to get one today now, sweet!

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Man the A+ titles for the DS keep on coming.[/quote]

Too bad by the time the games come out the System will be dead.

[quote name='David85'][quote name='scdoanintendo']Man the A+ titles for the DS keep on coming.[/quote]

Too bad by the time the games come out the System will be dead.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='David85'][quote name='scdoanintendo']Man the A+ titles for the DS keep on coming.[/quote]

Too bad by the time the games come out the System will be dead.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.[/quote]

Even though I bought one on launch day, I'd have to agree. trying to hold on to mine, but the temptation to sell is strong, especially for PSP games.

I like the idea of the DS, I don't mean to bash. But until recently there was like TWO games that came out in 4 months.

There are a few great looking DS games, but the PSP will kill the DS by the time the great games come out.

Nintendo needs to launch the online gaming for the DS Tuesday with a SSB game and AC. They aren't doing that, they are in trouble. Rumous has it that Halo 3 will launch the same day as the PS3. I think that wuld be great. Nintendo need to do things like that.

[quote name='David85']I like the idea of the DS, I don't mean to bash. But until recently there was like TWO games that came out in 4 months.

There are a few great looking DS games, but the PSP will kill the DS by the time the great games come out.

Nintendo needs to launch the online gaming for the DS Tuesday with a SSB game and AC. They aren't doing that, they are in trouble. Rumous has it that Halo 3 will launch the same day as the PS3. I think that wuld be great. Nintendo need to do things like that.[/quote]

Lets face it the DS was rushed out with few games, but theyve sold millions, and for me personally, there are more DS games on the horizon that I want to buy that PSP games, further ther price is right

[quote name='David85']The problem is the PSP is kicking the DS ass in Japan.[/quote]

Someone in another forum actually made charts for the sales of both consoles in Japan. If the current trend continues, the PSP won't catch up to the DS until well into next year. Thats assuming that the PSP will continue to sell the amount that it has been selling in Japan. You gotta remember, unlike the DS... people who wanted a PSP weren't able to get them at launch. I have a feeling that DS sales have equalized... whereas PSP sales are still riding high from the limited launch it had.

Regardless, leave it to David to crap on a thread thats supposed to be able the cool games coming out for the DS. I don't care what the hell you think about the DS... if I did I would read one of the many DS/PSP debate threads. Don't crap on a thread simply because you don't like a friken system.

Now back on topic. Katamari Damacy is going to be a great game, it really looks like the DS is hitting its stride with the games. E3 is going to be DS fest, and the news about the GameSpy alliance is great news for online as well.

[quote name='pumbaa']Regardless, leave it to David to crap on a thread thats supposed to be able the cool games coming out for the DS. I don't care what the hell you think about the DS... if I did I would read one of the many DS/PSP debate threads. Don't crap on a thread simply because you don't like a friken system. [/quote]

It's funny that way.

Fanboys: "DS DOESN'T HAVE ANY GAMES!"

*New awesome games are announced*

Fanboys: "DS DOESN'T HAVE ANY GAMES! PSP!"

*More new games come out*

Repeat as necessary.

I'm psyched that there are great new DS games coming out, because I like good games! Having a handheld that can control an FPS like I'm using a mouse is an awesome thing in my opinion. Goldeneye should be great in this regard.

Strategy games! AoE2 with the touch screen, oh man. I remember asking for this when the DS first came out, and it should be awesome. You couldn't do that on another system, and hopefully this opens the gates for tons of strategy games (ONLINE anyone!?)

And now Katamary Damacy, everybody's favorite game. Yet PSP fanboys have something to say about it. Well, say all you like! Killer games keep getting announced, and you can only naysay for so long. A good game is a good game, regardless of what system its on.

Plus, the DS is selling like hotcakes around the world. If you think the DS will be dead by 2006, you ain't worth your weight in salt.

Is it even possible that the PSP has outsold DS? DS has sold millions already and PSP has only shipped about 1-2 million units.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='pumbaa']Regardless, leave it to David to crap on a thread thats supposed to be able the cool games coming out for the DS. I don't care what the hell you think about the DS... if I did I would read one of the many DS/PSP debate threads. Don't crap on a thread simply because you don't like a friken system. [/quote]

It's funny that way.

Fanboys: "DS DOESN'T HAVE ANY GAMES!"

*New awesome games are announced*

Fanboys: "DS DOESN'T HAVE ANY GAMES! PSP!"

*More new games come out*

Repeat as necessary.

I'm psyched that there are great new DS games coming out, because I like good games! Having a handheld that can control an FPS like I'm using a mouse is an awesome thing in my opinion. Goldeneye should be great in this regard.

Strategy games! AoE2 with the touch screen, oh man. I remember asking for this when the DS first came out, and it should be awesome. You couldn't do that on another system, and hopefully this opens the gates for tons of strategy games (ONLINE anyone!?)

And now Katamary Damacy, everybody's favorite game. Yet PSP fanboys have something to say about it. Well, say all you like! Killer games keep getting announced, and you can only naysay for so long. A good game is a good game, regardless of what system its on.

Plus, the DS is selling like hotcakes around the world. If you think the DS will be dead by 2006, you ain't worth your weight in salt.[/quote]

Agreed. I think that certain people need to bash the competition in order to feel secure with their purchases. The same thing is going to happen when XBN, Revolution, and PS3 come out (only it will be 3 times worse). More than likely, the portable boards will go back to being dead like they were up until a few months before the DS was released, despite the fact that the GBA was an amazing portable with a hundred good games.

I'm surprised that Katamary is headed to the DS, but at the same time, i'm not. Picturing this game on the DS seems like the most natural thing in the world. Needless to say, i'm excited.

I'm happy that more things are coming out for the DS, but... Something needs to actually come out for the DS. I own one and I'm getting a little antsy. Theres only one game out (Mario 64 DS) that I have any interest in.

Wow, you thnik I'm bashing the DS?

You people really are fools.

The DS was rushed, thats for sure. There has been months without games now and when a game is ANNOUCED you all freak.

And if you read my post you dumbfuck instead of reading the parts you like you would know I hate the PSP even more.

When the games come out and people can play them and when what Nintendo says becomes true, then I will be happy.

[quote name='David85'] instead of reading the parts you like you would know I hate the PSP even more.[/quote]

You missed the point (ironically enough), this is a topic to discuss KD coming to the DS, not your lame ass perdictions. You wanna speak your peace? Go and create another topic, rather than crapping in this one.

Back on topic: Can someone either copy 'n Paste or at least give a link that doesn't lead to a subscrition page?

[quote name='moiety']Katamari? On DS? I'm one happy gamer. :D

I'll be looking forward to it![/quote]
AGREE'D. This is actually one of my dream games. Wireless multiplayer will be great. They should make a Co-op mode and maybe some sort of item trading thing. And if the DS is online by then, they better give downloadable levels.

i am not bias but i think that nintendo had o horrible launch for the ds, and quite frankly the psp is the most impressive launch i have ever seen.

The launch may be lack luster but if this is a sign of anything it's that there may be a swing in that trend towards better releases.

For those who are tired of Mario 64 DS, how about trying Yoshi's Touch and Go? I picked it up last week and it is amazingly addictive, even though it is an arcade style game (i.e. Playing for points, no real objective). I think it's a top-notch DS title and makes great use of its features.

EDIT: Being that it's still Saturday night here, I guess that would make that THIS week that I picked it up...duh...

I've been thinking about picking up the PS2 version, but I'll wait to see if the DS version is a port, or if it's a new version.
Wouldn't it be great if the DS version of KD sold for $20.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm happy that more things are coming out for the DS, but... Something needs to actually come out for the DS. I own one and I'm getting a little antsy. Theres only one game out (Mario 64 DS) that I have any interest in.[/quote]

I'd personally recommend Wario Ware. I think many people here will agree that it's the best game out on the DS thus far. You also might want to check out Zoo Keeper, Yoshi's Touch and Go, or Mr. Driller. I've yet to try Feel the Magic, but i'd wait for that to be a budget title..

[quote name='Parathod'][quote name='dafoomie']I'm happy that more things are coming out for the DS, but... Something needs to actually come out for the DS. I own one and I'm getting a little antsy. Theres only one game out (Mario 64 DS) that I have any interest in.[/quote]

I'd personally recommend Wario Ware. I think many people here will agree that it's the best game out on the DS thus far. You also might want to check out Zoo Keeper, Yoshi's Touch and Go, or Mr. Driller. I've yet to try Feel the Magic, but i'd wait for that to be a budget title..[/quote]
Those are all very good games, but they don't interest me. I have a fairly big backlog, and fairly big future spending, on my other systems. It has to be good, and of particular interest to me, before I'll consider it. Or it has to be very cheap.

I didn't intend my comment to be a criticism, but more of it being a (temporary) shortcoming from my perspective that might not affect most people. The Lunar and Grandia games for DS are going to be must buys, but not for a while.

I probably shouldn't even own a DS yet, but because of forces beyond my control (I had store credit from trade-ins at estarland and nothing to buy), I have one. I'd probably be better off selling it and buying it again later, but thats too much trouble. And I have no intention of ever buying a PSP.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How's this gonna play on there? It'd be kind of dull with just using the D-pad.[/quote]

Uh...think about it, man! The DS has something a lot more intuitive than the the D-pad, or even the double analogs...

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='SteveMcQ']How's this gonna play on there? It'd be kind of dull with just using the D-pad.[/quote]

Uh...think about it, man! The DS has something a lot more intuitive than the the D-pad, or even the double analogs...[/quote]

Even with the stylus though, I'm having difficulty imagining how this will control. It's going to be a completely different game experience without dual analog. How will turning work? How do you continue to roll forward? Hopefully, it translates well, and gets released some time in the next year. I'm still holding off on the DS until at least a handful of games that I want are actually released.

I saw some of the pics for the DS version. From how it appears, it looks like an entirely new game. It looks like KD but I saw certain thign I did not see in the original version. I'm really pumped. :)

"In the newest issue of Nintendo Power, a lengthy article profiling upcoming DS releases lists new games on the horizon from Namco: Baten Kaitos, Pac 'n Roll, Xenosaga, and Katamari Damacy.

It's the first official mention of Katamari on the DS I've seen anywhere - up until now, it's all been wishful thinking. NP says it's on the way, in Japan only right now, but still.

Thoughts?"

That's what it says for those who cannot see the link.

[quote name='Tromack']"In the newest issue of Nintendo Power, a lengthy article profiling upcoming DS releases lists new games on the horizon from Namco: Baten Kaitos, Pac 'n Roll, Xenosaga, and Katamari Damacy.

It's the first official mention of Katamari on the DS I've seen anywhere - up until now, it's all been wishful thinking. NP says it's on the way, in Japan only right now, but still.

Thoughts?"

That's what it says for those who cannot see the link.[/quote]

What I'm curious about it XS. I can see it working on the system but I don't know what kinda of art style or gameplay they'll go with. Will it be an official game or have that anime look that XS Freaks had.

I'm assuming based on Mario 64 that they'll use the top screen to display the gamplay field as you roll. The lower screen would be a map of the level making it easier to find you way as well as being your analog control as well as using it for special attacks via buttons like Metroid hunters. The dpad for you camera, likely.

XS will probably be a side story type of game. Superdeformed characters seem likely only because it would fit with the DS's lower resolution and polygon count.. hey maybe they;ll even go for sprites like Xenogears had.

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='SteveMcQ']How's this gonna play on there? It'd be kind of dull with just using the D-pad.[/quote]

Uh...think about it, man! The DS has something a lot more intuitive than the the D-pad, or even the double analogs...[/quote]

Even with the stylus though, I'm having difficulty imagining how this will control. It's going to be a completely different game experience without dual analog. How will turning work? How do you continue to roll forward? Hopefully, it translates well, and gets released some time in the next year. I'm still holding off on the DS until at least a handful of games that I want are actually released.[/quote]

well, it seems like they could do it with the dpad touchscreen combo, but also the xyba buttons on the right are another dpad, so it could be dual dpad rather than dual analog stick, well see

i have a DS and not totaly pleased as of now, but the future look pretty good with some nice looking games coming out for the DS, also i will be getting the PSP along with 7 games(Via EB's trade deals) and i have played every1 on my friends import PSP and totaly satisfied, and impressed, the future IMO looks bright for the DS and we'll all see for the PSP at E3 in may.

[quote name='MrFriday18']i have a DS and not totaly pleased as of now, but the future look pretty good with some nice looking games coming out for the DS, also i will be getting the PSP along with 7 games(Via EB's trade deals) and i have played every1 on my friends import PSP and totaly satisfied, and impressed, the future IMO looks bright for the DS and we'll all see for the PSP at E3 in may.[/quote]

I own an import psp myself. I gave a full head to head review here a while back. I can't seem to find it though. :cry:

I haven't picked up a DS yet but I will eventually. Like some of the other posters I just haven't seen enough games that grab my attention yet but that doesn't mean I write the system off entirely. I saw a bit on G4 tv where an opinion was that game developers hadn't quite figured out how to make decent use of the new hardware yet. I tend to agree, new technology usually has some growing pains in the beginning. KD coming to the DS is an exciting development and history shows that the games and selection will improve. The simple fact is every system eventually has at least one exclusive game that's worthwhile. KD will probably give a lot people a reason to finally pick up the system.

[quote name='Misprtrp']I haven't picked up a DS yet but I will eventually. Like some of the other posters I just haven't seen enough games that grab my attention yet but that doesn't mean I write the system off entirely. I saw a bit on G4 tv where an opinion was that game developers hadn't quite figured out how to make decent use of the new hardware yet. I tend to agree, new technology usually has some growing pains in the beginning. KD coming to the DS is an exciting development and history shows that the games and selection will improve. The simple fact is every system eventually has at least one exclusive game that's worthwhile. KD will probably give a lot people a reason to finally pick up the system.[/quote]

This, Lunar Genesis, Final Fantasy III and Aria of Sorrow II are enough for me to pick up a DS...

[quote name='Jrunt20x']I saw some of the pics for the DS version. From how it appears, it looks like an entirely new game. It looks like KD but I saw certain thign I did not see in the original version. I'm really pumped. :)[/quote]

Where are screens of it located?

I am really interested in this, Xenosaga DS (because I have no idea what to really expect), and Baten Kaitos DS (because I think card battles will be more intuitive and fun with the touch screen).

[quote name='clockworkvictim'][quote name='Jrunt20x']Here ya go:

http://the-magicbox.com/0412/game041220b2.shtml

enjoy. :)[/quote]

:shock:

wow, im happy I own a DS... check out the screens for Slime Morimori Dragon Quest 2. as well.[/quote]

Yeah I saw those DQ pics, they also got new AW screens. I'm kinda dissappointed in AW though. I wish they'd try and make the graphics look better. they could still be 2D but they don't look any different from the GBA version at all.

[quote name='evilmax17']I think those screens are for the PS2 version of KD2.[/quote]

I believe the ones on page 2 are the ps2 version. The others are the DS version. That's how i interprate them.

bread's done
Back