KB Toys Closing Inventory Sales::: Full list of Closing Stores, is yours on it??

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Hey guys... we got the bad news today :( . This is the full list of KB Toys that are closing. Between now and February 11th, Inventory Closing Sales SHOULD be starting at these stores. From first hand experience, one that closed around here went up to 90% off selected games, i could have gotten Metroid Prime for 3.59 new. Definitly look around at these places and keep calling to see if/when the sales are starting. The stores will only be open for another month or so.

SALES MOST LIKELY WONT BE ANNOUNCED FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!" Thanks daphatty :)

We sold out the inventories to a liquidator, so the sales should be sweet... and cheap ass :D Enjoy guys.
:p :oops: :cry:
http://www.kbtinfo.com/GOBStoreList012804.pdf

Went to the White Flint store in MD today. No consoles left other than a PSOne. Lots of games though for all consoles including some pretty recent stuff. The sale is only 20% off right now, but the good games will go fast so it's probably best not to wait. Plus, they seemed to have marked a lot of the regular prices down. I'm going to get a GBA soon, so I picked up Mortal Kombat DA and Road Rash Jailbreak for it for $10 each. Plus a few REBOOT action figs for $2.

I forgot to mention - the White Flint store also had a bunch of the All-In-One Intellivision controllers with all games built in for $2O before markdown (to $16). Good deal for Intellivision fans or collectors. The controller looks like a new gamepad rather than the old school Intellivision controllers - but that's probably a good thing!

MrHellFire: I'm not sure if the Florin store has started their sale or not, but I'd be interested in knowing as well. If you happen to drop by for one of your 3-times-a-month visits, please post your findings!

-Matt

the kb in the main place mall in santa ana, CA had only a few games left, but i'm not sure about the game systems, and they were only marked at 20 percent off. 20 percent off isn't that great, but i was still tempted to buy some gba games, lol.

ATTENTION ALL CAG'rs -

Be wary of the prices that KB Toys is placing their merchandise at, stopped by the SeaTac Mall store in Federal Way, WA, initially told that this store would be open till March, lo and behold a sign that says open for 4 days everything at 30% off.

They had a lot of games and so I was going to purchase a few and was than told by management that none of the videogames are to be sold, they are packing them up and sending to the Super Mall store and if I want any to go there and buy the games. I asked him why he wouldnt sell them now and he gave me some crap about already being inventoried and ready to be moved, even though they are sitting on the shelves. I told him I wanted about ten games @ $15 a pop and he than lighted up and said that he would make an exception, I told him that it should not matter how many a customer buys and that I will happily take my $150.oo elsewhere, since they spent such a long time getting these items ready to ship, he wasnt too pleased. :twisted:

All other merchandise was 30 % off but everything was at least 2 - 10 dollars over the standard retail you would pay at say Target or Toysrus. An example are Transformers which sell at Target for 5.99 or 6.99, they had them marked up at 9.99 and than 30% off. Be wary and no wonder they are going out of business! :shock:

Now I have to drive to Auburn (from Seattle)?!

Hey, any WA CAGers going to KB during their clearance want to pick me up something. I'll include a little extra $$ for the trouble.

Last week my store had signs saying 'Everything 10%-30% Off.' Now this week they have signs saying 'Everything 20%-40% Off.' Unfortunately video games have remained only 20% off. I'm hoping next week the signs say 'Everything 30%-50% Off,' which would mean games would be at least 30% off. I can't wait for the sale to get better because it has been going on for more than a week and my store stilll has 10 GBA SPs and 20 or so Wavebirds. :)

Yeah, the one I went to had 20% off everything, but all the videogames were more expensive than you would find them anywhere else, thus making them no deals at all. Got some good toys for my son though! :D

I'll keep checking back there, because they're sure to reduce prices further as time goes by.

I finally got around to venturing to my KBtoys today. Store was closing in 10 days with atleast 30% off everything in the store. The wife grabbed a GBA carrying case (One to match her Flame SP...it apparently was the only store locally that stocked that particular color) for $6.05 (Regularly $7.99)

I'm hoping they give greater discounts a week from today. I wouldn't mind grabbed a non-Player's choice version of Metroid Prime for under $10.

30% off right now at the KB in Capitola, CA. Scored GBC Marble Madness, GBA SP Wing Grip (works really well), and a Crazy Taxi RC car for $25. No systems left. Had a few DC games but they were all wrestling and a few N64 but they were all overpriced.

Went to my local closing KB (Thousand Oaks, CA) and they were running the 30% off sale. A lot of titles had gone, and there were no consoles in sight except for the original (non-SP) GBAs. I was hoping for some cheap Crimson Skies or Rainbow Six 3 action, but there were no copies left. The only recent-ish Xbox titles I saw were Armed and dangerous and Secret weapons over Normandy. The rest were older and crappier titles like Whacked, Wolverine's revenge, Enter the Matrix etc. I even saw a Kabuki Warriors box on the shelf with a 49.99 price tag. LOL.
And to add insult to injury, I tried to get a free Rebel Strike preview disc and the guy wanted to charge me $37 for it, he thought it was the actual Rebel Strike game.

More KB Toys news for WA CAG'rs...
Since The Federal way store in WA was closing and I was told to go to the Supermall, I did. The KB Toys store there had everything at 20% off and a awful selection of games left, no consoles and a sign saying closing in 10 days. Well come to find out that everything from this store and the Federal Way store is being moved to the Toy Works store in the Supermall, WA. They currently have everything marked up and than 20% off of that. They do however have about 30 GBA SP's at a sales price of $80.oo and five PS Ones running at $40.oo after discount. Game prices are still too high for my cheap ass. Manager said check on Mondays and Fridays for price changes (if any). Please drop a line and let us know how other WA sites are faring.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Went to my local closing KB (Thousand Oaks, CA) and they were running the 30% off sale. A lot of titles had gone, and there were no consoles in sight except for the original (non-SP) GBAs. I was hoping for some cheap Crimson Skies or Rainbow Six 3 action, but there were no copies left. The only recent-ish Xbox titles I saw were Armed and dangerous and Secret weapons over Normandy. The rest were older and crappier titles like Whacked, Wolverine's revenge, Enter the Matrix etc. I even saw a Kabuki Warriors box on the shelf with a 49.99 price tag. LOL.[/quote]

Hmm, what were the prices for Secret Weapons Over Normandy and Enter the Matrix for the Xbox? I don't want to know what's on the price tag for the games, I mean the real price of the games...

I finally stopped by my store thats closing. They had a crappy 20% off sale with a crappy selection of games. No home consoles left.

However they did have around 5 GBA SP's at 20% off. But being the cheapass I am I'm hoping for more of a discount later this week. We need only one more for some 4 player FF:CC loving :). I'm hoping to get one for 60-70ish. Didn't bother asking the workers when the store was closing because there was this damn little kid crying and acting like an idiot and her mom couldn't control her so I left.

I hope one of them is still left when I go back their tomorrow. And hopefully the sales are better.

At my store, everything is now 30%-50% off and video games are 30% off. I asked the cashier and he said they were closing next Monday. How low will the video games go? Could they actually make it to 90% off? $50 games for $5? I can't wait to find out.

The KB at the Galeria Mall in Rock Hill SC is offering 30% games.

Highlights were Mario Kart Double Dash, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Super Monkey Ball 2 (I bought that).

[quote name='yeldarb367']At my store, everything is now 30%-50% off and video games are 30% off. I asked the cashier and he said they were closing next Monday. How low will the video games go? Could they actually make it to 90% off? $50 games for $5? I can't wait to find out.[/quote]

I'm sorta holding out for that. Maybe not 90% but atleast 60%

They wont make it to 75%. When one of the stores in my district hit 75%, they only had 4 copies of Metroid Prime, 2 copies of Wave Race, and a copy of NCAA 2003 Ps2.

If you can see that stuff clearly isn't selling like mad, it might be safe to wait. I've been to one or two KB's that were almost sold out during the 20% sale while others still had plenty left even after 30% off. Obviously, if there are only one or two copies left of a game that you absolutely must have, get it while you can. Otherwise, just hold tight, and odds are that by this weekend, everything will be down to 50% off.

97% off at K-BEE TOYS IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!!! ..............................j/k :D ......

but in reality...i recently went to check out the K-Btoy's in Triangle Town Center (Raleigh, North cArolina) FOr some reason..they seemed to have more games stocked from my last visit....and all the games were all neatly placed in Alphbetical order in the glass caseself thingie. Everything's still 20% off. No systems left except for some ps1 portable screen thingies. They have more games though.....for some reason... :?

I stopped by my KBToys today. They are closing on Sunday. The guy told me the sale would continue to be 30%-50% except for the first hour of business on Sunday, when they will add an extra 20% discount. It will be a crazy place when they open the gates. Games are currently 30% off but I'm waiting til 50%.

Too bad all their games are overpriced in the first place. Some games they had were: Mario Golf (50), Rebel Strike (30), F-Zero (50), THUG gc (50), Eternal Darkness (50 lol), Soul Calibur 2 all (50), conflict 2 xb (50), metriod prime (30), inside drive(50), courtside 02 (50 lol), 1080 (50), sw/tetris (35 b4 discount), brute force (30), bomberman generations (50), sphinx (40), star wars bounty hunter gc (30), robotech gc (30), rising sun xb (50). I dont have a ps2 so I didn't check that.

I dropped by today and picked up R6-3 (XBOX) for $40. It's still the 20% off deal, but I figured $10 off isn't bad since everywhere else it's $50. Every other game they had was a shitty deal though... Soul Calibur II for $40 after the 20% off? hooray...

oh, and this was in Duluth MN.

KB at Stonestown Galleria (in San Francisco) is still open. I headed over there tonight and the employee working there told me that they'd be open for another month or two. That's a good sign, though the games are still at 20% off.

Got to say that I was amused by the sale at Eastland Mall (Columbus, OH). They took all their $9.99 / $14.99 / $19.99 deal games...used black marker on those price tags, and them started selling them for original retail price.

And they had no PS2 or GC games that I could tell...

I would have paid $7 for Robotech: Battlecry...but not $35+

Especially since I can go just a few miles, and get it for $9.99 at another KB that isn't going out of business...

I stopped by my local KB in Provo, Utah and they said they are closing on Monday. The only had 30% off for the sales prices. I was hoping for some bigger discounts. Apparently, the liquidator is going to have the employees box up the remaining stuff and then he'll sell it himself through other channels.

uncle fuz, i was thikning of heading over there this weekend. they say if they gona add more discounts as the store closure looms?

[quote name='madman360']uncle fuz, i was thikning of heading over there this weekend. they say if they gona add more discounts as the store closure looms?[/quote]
Well, I didn't ask the guy there about it, but I did notice that the signs that read "20-50% OFF!" had interchangeable numbers, so there is a chance it could go up...

Both my stores are now 30% off games. One is closing Sunday and will be 50%-70% off then. They say they will send away everything that doesn't sell.

The other just dropped from 20% today, using those interchangable signs. This store, different from the other, says they will sell everything. So they will at some point make it to 90% off. I can't wait. Also, they were sent items from another store that closed. I picked up Super Monkey Ball 2 today for $21. They still have 10 Platinum GBA SPs for $69.99 each. I was so tempted to snatch one.

[quote name='Uncle Fuz'][quote name='madman360']uncle fuz, i was thikning of heading over there this weekend. they say if they gona add more discounts as the store closure looms?[/quote]
Well, I didn't ask the guy there about it, but I did notice that the signs that read "20-50% OFF!" had interchangeable numbers, so there is a chance it could go up...[/quote]

Thanks for the info, this is good to know. I might head over to Stonestown in a couple of weeks to see if sales become better.

Anyone visited the KBToys in Grossmont Center in La Mesa (San Diego) ???

Thinking about venturing there this weekend, but not if the sale has yet to reach at least 30%.

[quote name='scooterb23']Got to say that I was amused by the sale at Eastland Mall (Columbus, OH). They took all their $9.99 / $14.99 / $19.99 deal games...used black marker on those price tags, and them started selling them for original retail price.

And they had no PS2 or GC games that I could tell...

I would have paid $7 for Robotech: Battlecry...but not $35+

Especially since I can go just a few miles, and get it for $9.99 at another KB that isn't going out of business...[/quote]

Thats what liquidators do. They'll get people who go "Oh my GOD...A SALE!" and buy anything that went down in price. Then again, it still looks good at 90% off.

I'm gonna have to call my store tomorrow to see if they're closing on sunday too. Hopefully they too will be ramping up the sale in the first hours of the day. If thats the case I may have to get up early on Sunday.

Called the KB Toys in Northlake Mall in GA and they said there are NO plans to drop the clearance further than the 30% they already are at on video games. When they officially close on Monday, it's still 30%, so it's buy now or buy never.

I went to the Cool Springs, TN KBToys that is closing, Their last day is Monday, I believe, and they are still at 30% off (I bought Broken Sword GBA, $6.99 + tax after discount. Not the deal of the century, but I had heard that they did a good job with the conversion of the PC game, and I wanted to check it out). I do feel sorry for the people who are losing their jobs, but I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I saw a stand set up with a stack of fliers stating in large bold letters:

"Hot Games Coming Your Way. Reserve Yours Now!"

And it had a list of upcoming games. A store that is closing in two days just doesn't seem like a good place to preorder games.

bread's done
Back