Keep getting an error when I install Burnout Paradise...

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
...and its error 80029564. Ive looked up some solutions and one was to NOT download the game in the background. So I made sure to not download in the background...twice...and both failed. Same error, over and over. 2+ hours of downloading and then nothing. Whats the deal? Apparently Sony just tells people their system is defective, but mine isnt...I mean...my other games have installed fine and I know this is a common issue. I also have the latest firmware etc etc.

Just because other games have installed fine doesn't mean that the system isn't defective. I'd call Sony and see what they say.

Yeah, I figure thats what I'll do I guess. The system was bought in January 09 though...and I remember this happening once before. Whatever solution that came up at the time, worked. Some people talk about all kinds of stuff like changing your router settings etc etc and maybe the connection being interrupted. I don't know. This seems to be all too common though...

Have you tried recovery mode? It's been known to fix odd issues like that, I don't remember the exact option but it had something to do with repairing messed up files on the hard disk.

I've gotten errors installing downloadable stuff (demos in my case) before... a few months later my hard drive crapped out.

Just throwing this out there...

Are you sure you have enough HDD space? I've gotten install errors before and then noticed my HDD was too full. The message doesn't give any indication that it's a capacity issue.

Oh yeah, my hard drive has plenty of space.

EDIT: Just downloaded Ratchet and Clank QFB. Everything was fine, and its 2GB. Then I downloaded Burnout again and it was a no go. I read somewhere that there may be a RAM problem, but I mean...3GB is where it pushes it and not 2GB? I dont know. I really just need to call Sony by now...

UPDATE: Called Sony. The guy just said the best thing I could do right now is try to download the game again from a wired location instead of wireless; which, I would have given a go earlier, but it wouldn't connect when I plugged the ethernet cable in. It was all connected into the modem and into the wall etc etc. So I don't know what the deal is. Maybe it needed a restart or something...but anyways, the main thing I dont understand is why all my other downloads work just fine and not this one?

UPDATE2: OK, I got the wired connection working and downloaded the game...but again it didnt work. Ill have to give them a call again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
WtF? That's so weird... how can you not be able to install a downloaded game? The only reason i can think of is the size. FAT32 can't handle large files, has to be under 4gb. However, i'm pretty sure everyone else installed the game fine, otherwise your sharing group will be posting the same thing.

Is it possible that you installed the DLC before the game? I know it shouldn't matter, but logically, you would want to install the game first...

I didn't download the DLC, so yeah only the game. But for now Ive given up...someone suggested downloading the demo, and then the game...and see if it will install. I downloaded the demo (from UK PSN) but just don't have the patience right now to download Burnout again - after something like 5 or 6 times.

Hmmm, maybe that's something to consider... WipeOut HD is just some kind key, the full game is the demo. Maybe Burnout is like that? Sorry, i don't have the game yet.

OK, I downloaded it again today and it didnt work with the demo. So, Ill give Sony another call.

UPDATE: They say I must still have some corrupted data, so they want me to restore my system. Question: When I backup my system does it also do a restore at the same time? Because, its taking about 2 1/2 hours just to do a back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, i got my game share last night and worked fine... it took a long time to install and then the damn updates, but at the end i get to drive a crappy car :lol:

backup/restore should work fine except for the copy protected game saves (like PS3's RE5). When you get a new PS3, you'll need to reattach all of the game sharing accounts (the "broken" PS3 should detach those accounts).

SUCCESS! I restored my hard drive today, re-downloaded and it worked! Which only took me around 8 hours to complete...

Looks like there was some lingering corrupted data somewhere...oh well. The backup proved to be a waste of time, all I really wanted was my game saves anyways, so I'm not sure why I bothered? I could have easily downloaded all the games again...in fact thats what I'm doing. I wanted to try and install the game on a "fresh" hard drive with no restored data or anything, and then I realized it would delete the game after I restored my other data so I decided just to put the game saves on there (luckily I just recently backed them up manually...only lost my Folklore game save). In short: It finally installed.

I heard of the same problem with someone on IGN but they didnt fix there yet.

I would have suggested unplugging your PS3 and then plugging it back in and restarting the machine up. That fixed an error I was having that was wireless router related.

bread's done
Back