Keep the CD in or out?

yummytyson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So when your done playing, does it hurt to keep the CD in the system? or is it better to take it out. I personally do it depending on how lazy I am. :drool:

I keep mine in unless I'm not going to play it for months at a time. If I stop playing it for a month chances are it will stay it but anylonger it comes out. I do that just so if I move it the game is not in it. I have left games in systems for every system I have ever had even the old carts. I have never had issues with the system or disc being damaged from it. Hell the only one that does not work like it should is the 360 and I have taken better care of it then any other system I have had. So I do not see why people are being told that keeping the disc in will damage the system or disc. As long as you do not move it with the disc in it you should be good.

Leaving the disc in the system is fine unless you've got some "pre-gaming ritual" that involves moving the system before you turn it on.

It's not like the system startup is detrimental to the disks, or it begins spinning the disk before lifting it up off the tray.

So, leaving it in when you're done is fine.

~HotShotX

Depends on whether or not you have a niece who knows how to push the tray button, take out the disc, close the tray button and proceeds to go rambo on the aforementioned disc.

No little children: disc in X360
Little children: disc in case

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Depends on whether or not you have a niece who knows how to push the tray button, take out the disc, close the tray button and proceeds to go rambo on the aforementioned disc.

No little children: disc in X360
Little children: disc in case[/quote]

This just happened to me with my computer. My nearly-two year old son took out a disc from the drive and went ape-shit on it with a pencil. Cracked it and scratched the shit out of it. Luckily it wasn't a game...just my dvd from my master's classes. Nothing important.

It's like when I had a PS2. I had the screws out of the system so I could easily go in and fix whatever problem it had the time. Totally forgetting about this, my cousins are over and they're like 10 years old combined between the two.

"How do you get the disc out?"

And I look over to find my PS2 in two pieces.

Its too much work to take a game out that im gona play the next time i turn on the system. I get especially annoyed that i have to hear the dvd-drive rev up even tho its going to the dashboard first.

I have to leave a disc in my 360, because for whatever reason when the tray is empty it won't open unless it's horizontal (I keep it vertical for space reasons). kind of annoying, but it's no big deal.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I used to give a shit. Now I just leave it in the system.[/quote]

:rofl: I think it is pointless to take it out unless your wanting to play something else or don't play it :D

[quote name='life.exe']I always go to the dashboard first, then take the disc out. Everytime.[/QUOTE]
And then sign out, and then turn off the controller, and then shutdown the system?

Lmao. Pyro is on a roll today.

I never leave disc in system.. cuz usually I want to play a different game next day.

Then again, I havent played a 360 game in 3 weeks now -_-V

I leave the disc in the tray. Some people say this causes scratches (I don't see how it could unless you shake you 360), but none of my games have scratches (except a tiny one on my halo 3 collectors disc...because of the packaging).

[quote name='PyroGamer']And then sign out, and then turn off the controller, and then shutdown the system?[/quote]

I never turn it off from the power button.

If you leave it balancing on that spindle for a few hundred years, it might start to warp due to gravity's devastating effects.

Back when my brother lived at home I used to take out the disk because we play different games. Now that he no longer lives here I just leave the disk in the system.

i stick in my ass afterwards to keep the disc warm for next time.

:rofl: seriously though who gives a shit, as long as you dont shake your console with the disc in and use it as maracas, you should be fine

I usually leave it in, there's no point having a wireless controller and the ability to use it to turn your machine on if you have to get up to put a game in every time.

EDIT - And none of my games are scratched, unless I got them that way.

bread's done
Back