Keeping number and contact info with pre paid phones.

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
My wife and I want to switch our prepaid I-Wireless phone (Smart phone, Unlimited talk and text, 200mb web $30/month) to a prepaid Virgin Mobile (Unlimited talk,text, web $30/month).

But she doesnt want to change her phone number or lose all the contact information she's already put into the HTC Hero phone.

Can this be done by switching out the sim card or through some other trick?

I'd advise against using virgin mobile in general. They may give you unlimited web but since they are the prepaid branch of sprint, you get slower speeds and when I had them my internet would simply not even work at least once a day.

If you're willing to look at other prepaid companies and don't need unlimited data check out pagepluscellular.com

They allow you to use any verizon branded phone (sometimes sprint will work too) and they run on the verizon network with no slowdown in data from what i've experienced. They offer a $30/month plan with 1200 mins, 3000 txts, and 100mb of data a month.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']I'd advise against using virgin mobile in general. They may give you unlimited web but since they are the prepaid branch of sprint, you get slower speeds and when I had them my internet would simply not even work at least once a day.[/QUOTE]

3G on my VM Android is faster and more reliable than my Time Warner broadband at home.

But, yeah, there's an option right on the website to keep your number when you register your phone with Virgin. If you set up Gmail on your phone, it imports your Gmail contacts automatically. Otherwise you have to copy them manually.

Most cell phone stores have a Cellebrite machine. It's a little box with two USB ports that will transfer pictures and contacts from phone to phone with little trouble unless your phone is a million years old.

Try an Apple store, they have them and are generally nice enough to do it for you.

bread's done
Back