Kennedy Assassination now a video game

I saw this earlier and even downloaded it.. you cannot fire unless you pay, and I know for a fact I am not paying for that crap.

I did not post it here because I thought it would stir up shit that didn't need to be stirred.

Video game violence is fun. However, that thrill is derived from harming what is nothing more than code. Even if it seems realistic, the fact that it isn't should always be firmly planted in the player's mind. When you throw in real people (respected figures nonetheless), it begins to obscure that line of reality. Not cool. Thanks VIS. You've set the image of the industry back a few years. Again.

In addition to what you guys are saying, this "game" also more than likely isn't going to accomplish what the author set out to do, namely prove that there was no conspiracy. I firmly believe there was a conspiracy of some kind, and giving me the opportunity to supposedly accurately recreate the shooting in this "game" isn't going to do a damn thing to change my mind. So, to recap, not only is this offensive, it's also completely pointless! Thanks a bunch asshole!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm sure this game will help to improve the videogames industry image all across the nation...[/quote]

There was a 9/11 game made a couple of years ago, though I don't remember much about it.

Why is killing in video games ok unless you know who you are killing? I mean tons of people have taken part in playing Battlefield Vietnam and no one ever cried about that. Or what about those Desert Storm games, where the boss is always Saddam? Why is that ok, but this not.

I'm sure someone will make an attempt to defend "war gaming" versus assasinations, but come on, How many people do you assassinate in the GTA games? Or in Hitman? It's all the same, don't act indignant because you like the person this game is killing. It's hypocritical.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm sure this game will help to improve the videogames industry image all across the nation...[/quote]

There was a 9/11 game made a couple of years ago, though I don't remember much about it.[/quote]

It was a planned mod for UT2003 that never saw the light of day. Gamespot's been talking about another new game, which I'm extremely hyped for, called "Survivor".. it basically places you in tragic events through time (Hurricane Andrew, 9/11, Sinking of the Titanic) and your goal is to survive.

Here's a link to the information on it, as well as a few pictures.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/survivorreplay/index.html?q=survivor

It's also apparently planned for GC, PS2 and Xbox release.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']Why is killing in video games ok unless you know who you are killing? I mean tons of people have taken part in playing Battlefield Vietnam and no one ever cried about that. Or what about those Desert Storm games, where the boss is always Saddam? Why is that ok, but this not.

I'm sure someone will make an attempt to defend "war gaming" versus assasinations, but come on, How many people do you assassinate in the GTA games? Or in Hitman? It's all the same, don't act indignant because you like the person this game is killing. It's hypocritical.[/quote]
I'd respond intelligently to that, but it's far too late in the night (or too early in the morning). *YAWN*

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm sure this game will help to improve the videogames industry image all across the nation...[/quote]

There was a 9/11 game made a couple of years ago, though I don't remember much about it.[/quote]

It was a planned mod for UT2003 that never saw the light of day. Gamespot's been talking about another new game, which I'm extremely hyped for, called "Survivor".. it basically places you in tragic events through time (Hurricane Andrew, 9/11, Sinking of the Titanic) and your goal is to survive.

It's also apparently planned for GC, PS2 and Xbox release.[/quote]

It did see the light of day, here's a site where you can DL it:

http://www.selectparks.net/modules....=viewdownloaddetails&lid=5&title=911 Survivor

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm sure this game will help to improve the videogames industry image all across the nation...[/quote]

It's also apparently planned for GC, PS2 and Xbox release.[/quote]

Scorch, that game truly sounds interesting. At the least it will be inovative because it doesn't sound like it's going the standard story route that we have seen lately (i.e. invading aliens, etc, etc etc). I'm also now looking forward to it.

Also, to stay on topic, this game sounds like a piece of shite. It just sounds horrible.

WBZ4 4 o'clock news:

"Remembering JFK" 41st Anniversary.

"Tasteless"
"Gruesome game"
"Despicable, disgraceful"

Footage/game description.
Comparing it to Grand Theft Auto.
The company suggests it's educational, eliminates conspiracy theory.
Interviews - Some people said "it's just a game", others were disgusted.

Oh boy are we going to get big "arguments" (fallacious, uncivil, and/or downright illogical statements) from both sides of the issue in this thread??? :)

*me pops some popcorn*

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='evilpenguin9000']Why is killing in video games ok unless you know who you are killing? I mean tons of people have taken part in playing Battlefield Vietnam and no one ever cried about that. Or what about those Desert Storm games, where the boss is always Saddam? Why is that ok, but this not.

I'm sure someone will make an attempt to defend "war gaming" versus assasinations, but come on, How many people do you assassinate in the GTA games? Or in Hitman? It's all the same, don't act indignant because you like the person this game is killing. It's hypocritical.[/quote]
I'd respond intelligently to that, but it's far too late in the night (or too early in the morning). *YAWN*[/quote]

Still waiting for your intelligent response, but it isn't necessary because the penguin is correct. What makes this different from any other killing gfame? It's about JFK ? Big freaking deal.

I'll agree it's in bad taste. However, in a free society, we have to tolerate the bad along with the good. If we ignore it, it'll probably just go away from lack of popularity. That's the way freeedom and capitalism work. I don't like the game either, but I'll defend their right to make it and distribute it.

They should think about making a game about Teddy. You drink all night and drive your car into the river and try to escape to safety. Do you try to save MaryJo or just save yourself?

I'm pretty much apathetic when it comes to this, since I know it's just a game, and I have a Gamer Mentality, but in the public (non gamer) eye this will cause people to bitch, and more fuel for the soccer moms to use against the gaming industry fire they seemed to be hell bent on making. But I doubt we will see anything huge out of this, just some bitchy no name people on CNN displaying there opinion on the mater.
:?

Absolutely ridiculous... this is the first clear example of going over the line as far as I can see... yes, its a video game. But Does it have to be a game?

bread's done
Back