Keyboard/Mouse on PS3

BurtReynolds

CAGiversary!
Anyone have experience using a regular old wireless keyboard and mouse combo with the PS3? Does it work? I've read that it should, but wanted to double check before I pick something up.

Amazon has the Logitech Wave Pro set for 59.99 (its about $100 everywhere else). I wanted to get this for using with my laptop at home, but if I could use with my PS3 as well, it would be a definite buy.

Here is the link if anyone else is interested.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-Wave-Pro/dp/B001DJ9GOS/ref=pd_cp_e_1

My understanding is that any usb keyboard and mouse will work with the ps3 for text entry.

I don't think that they work for games, however, if that is what you are hoping to use it for.

Nope, I would just want it for internet, maybe for when I get around to installing Linux. I am one of those people who would buy a control pad for PC gaming to get away from the keyboard/mouse.

Get away from M/KB? I hope you mean for non-FPS's. I'd rather much more support for M/KB on those games, they require it.

I'm pretty sure anything modern will work. I had an old PS2 KB I got when I beta'd FF11 and for some reason that didn't work despite being USB. So I got a cheap $10 KB and used my current mouse when I wanted to play UT3 on PS3 and it worked perfectly. I even had an old Nostromo FPS pad that worked. These were wired though in case that matters.

bread's done
Back