Kid Icarus Uprising $29.99 at Best Buy

AdventX

CAGiversary!
As the title reads, Kid Icarus Uprising is $29.99 at Best Buy.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kid+Ica...8280317&skuId=2856614&st=kid icarus&lp=1&cp=1

I pre-ordered through best buy so I hope I get this price when I pick it up. It would be nice to get the pre-order bonus and the sale price. Hopefully amazon will price match this!

UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO ORDERED ON OR BEFORE 03/23 THROUGH AMAZON:

From Amazon Representative:

"Customers who ordered Kid Icarus on or before 03/23 direct from Amazon will either have the price of their order reduced to $29.99 or will get a refund for the price difference between $29.99 and the price they ordered the game at within 3-5 business days.
Please note that this only applies to orders shipped and sold by Amazon."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofGames']So Amazon is price-matching, but they're out of stock currently, correct? I see it priced at $39.99 through GoHastings.[/QUOTE]
yes, and they ran oos because they made it 29.99 late last night (i saw it at 2 a.m est) so glad i was awake and saw it. a rep said 4-5 days and everyone that pre-ordered will have their refund

That's pretty darn good customer service. Mine shipped before they price match, so they didn't have to do this and I never demanded it or even contacted them, so it is a surprise. Pre-order download and I get it for $30 and no tax and no effort. Win all around.

Awesome...saw people had posted on gamefaqs that they called amazon last night and they were getting $10 refunds...was gonna call today after work but got my email already...that plus the $10 GC for $5, $2 gold box, and release date delivery. Nice, only $23 plus I got the 3d classic for free :)

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']yes, and they ran oos because they made it 29.99 late last night (i saw it at 2 a.m est) so glad i was awake and saw it. a rep said 4-5 days and everyone that pre-ordered will have their refund[/QUOTE]

2am EST is still 11pm PST; this may be why the preorder price guarantee kicked in. If it was an hour later, we may not have gotten the $10 difference.

Just picked this up with Super Smash Brawl at Best Buy completely on impulse and also used a $5 RZ coupon. I already have a massive backlog. I sometimes hate myself T_T.

Well my original plan was to try and price match at my Gamestop, and if they wouldn't do that, to return it and drive over to Best Buy to get it. Then my car broke (again), meaning it would cost me at least $10 to drive over to Best Buy, meaning just keeping my copy is the way to go now.

[quote name='SW4J']What $2 gold box deal are people talking about? Were they selling pre-orders for $2 less?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has personal deals of the day based on your browsing/order history. Usually 5% off their price.

I emailed them twice last night complaining about the issue and they caved in finally and credited me the $10... And then I got the $10 Pre-order Price Guarantee email as well... So I saved $20 o_O...

omg, this stand is annoying, can anyone recommend a good thumb stylus attachment device sold any where or am i going have to start using a rubberband.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email saying Amazon refunded me $10 for Kid Icarus. Pretty awesome since I only paid $30 because of a previous credit and got an extra $5 credit yesterday when I talked to Amazon CS. So I basically got the game and the 3D classic for $15.

edit:Also this game is fuckING INSANELY AWESOME

Seriously I have no major problems with the controls. One thing I advise is setting the camera to stop moving after you turn left or right. Then it acts as a decent camera during the land sequences.

[quote name='Snowball21']Still waiting for the email over here.[/QUOTE]

There was a box they had to check when you picked the pre-order up. The guy messes mine up and had to re-ring it, but it did print the second time.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Did anyone ordere from best buy receive the 3d classic code?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered in store at my local BB and have not received my 3d classic code yet.
I will give it another day and then contact BB. It seem's most from amazon have already received their code.

I never heard back from my original Amazon CSR but I just got the $10 refund email so I'm happy. Rather hassle free, another great transaction with Amazon.

[quote name='te619']There was a box they had to check when you picked the pre-order up. The guy messes mine up and had to re-ring it, but it did print the second time.[/QUOTE]

So the code is supposed to print on the receipt?
The employee who rang up my pre-order was having trouble, and on my receipt it says "Exchange" for some reason. Hopefully he did not mess mine up.

[quote name='te619']There was a box they had to check when you picked the pre-order up. The guy messes mine up and had to re-ring it, but it did print the second time.[/QUOTE]

Mine was pre-ordered online and shipped to me and it said it was suppose to be emailed.

Best Buy didn't even have the game on the shelf here. I had to go to one of the guys and asked if Kid Icarus was out yet. He checked his computer and said it should have been released yesterday. He went to the back to grab a box and handed me one.

Just ordered for store pick-up.

My Best Buy tends to do things retarded and never have it ready to go when I go to the store.

Destructoid butchered this game in their review, gave it a 50 and said the controls are atrocious:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-kid-icarus-uprising-224073.phtml

Other sites have also mentioned the controls being an issue, and wondered why the game had to come with a stand to play it with. It doesn't sound like a good remake of KI, more like they wanted to make a game to use the 3DS "features" and forced a lot of stuff into that, including awkward and frustrating controls.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Destructoid butchered this game in their review, gave it a 50 and said the controls are atrocious:

Other sites have also mentioned the controls being an issue, and wondered why the game had to come with a stand to play it with. It doesn't sound like a good remake of KI, more like they wanted to make a game to use the 3DS "features" and forced a lot of stuff into that, including awkward and frustrating controls.[/QUOTE]
lol it's Jim Sterling who reviewed it. and pretty much everyone else gave it a positive review. stop trolling bro.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']lol it's Jim Sterling who reviewed it. and pretty much everyone else gave it a positive review. stop trolling bro.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Why do people like to bring up Jim Sterling reviews? He gave the same 5 score to Mario Kart 7 and barley mentioned any of the multiplayer features. It was more of a hate letter than a review. He also gave The Witcher 2 (one of my all time favorite RPGs) a 6. I'm not saying all games deserve a 10 but I just hate the way he reviews games.
11746288.jpg

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']lol it's Jim Sterling who reviewed it. and pretty much everyone else gave it a positive review. stop trolling bro.[/QUOTE]

He's not trolling. The controls in this game are terrible and the most ackward I have ever played on a handheld. It's usually not a good sign when the game ships with a stand to try and help make the controls more tolerable. Even most the positive reviews say the game has terrible controls.

[quote name='caltab']He's not trolling. The controls in this game are terrible and the most ackward I have ever played on a handheld. It's usually not a good sign when the game ships with a stand to try and help make the controls more tolerable. Even most the positive reviews say the game has terrible controls.[/QUOTE]
its still a fun game no? and the controls are not that bad.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']its still a fun game no? and the controls are not that bad.[/QUOTE]

I can't get past the controls, so no I don't think it's fun.

[quote name='caltab']I can't get past the controls, so no I don't think it's fun.[/QUOTE]

I seriously have no clue what anyone is talking about when it comes to the controls. They're pretty easy to wrap your head around.

[quote name='Bankotsu']LOL are you guys like 70 or something that you can't get the controls?[/QUOTE]

Nobody has the same sized/shaped hands.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Destructoid butchered this game in their review, gave it a 50 and said the controls are atrocious:

Other sites have also mentioned the controls being an issue, and wondered why the game had to come with a stand to play it with. It doesn't sound like a good remake of KI, more like they wanted to make a game to use the 3DS "features" and forced a lot of stuff into that, including awkward and frustrating controls.[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked... shocked! that the resident nintendo troll would post a negative review of this game. Dude, do you ever stop your nintendo trolling? Doesn't it get tiring after a while? You don't own a 3ds, you haven't played this game, and you have no intention of playing this game. You're just a sad little troll.

I'd post a link to metacritic but you probably think that's only 1 reviewer.

We only need that other nintendo trolling taco idiot to come in and post a negative review and the thread will be complete.

Ugh, I'm strongly considering waiting on this now. Controls make or break a game. Hell I had to sell my original DS Phat because my hands couldn't fit right around and playing every game was a chore. And I'm not trying to start a war but I have found asking if games are really that bad on hyped exclusive games to never be a good idea. Hyped Nintendo fans will never tell you the truth if the controls are awful because they have hyped themselves into believing its awesome. That goes for any exclusive on any system so don't jump on my shit, you all know it's true even if you won't admit it. I think I'll just pick up the reprint copy of radiant historia before it disappears again and wait for a black Friday or AWD on this.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far. This title is packed with so much content that I felt like I stole this game for $29.99 at Best Buy!

Control was a bit awkward at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Of course, I got my butt handed to me online when only playing the campaign for a few minutes. The stand is handy, but unless I have a tall platform to play it on, I feel even more uncomfortable slouching over so I can see the 3D effects (which are some of the best so far). There is a learning curve, but the "Intensity Level" slider is there for a reason.

Worth it.

haha, I thought it was strange we let the whole day go by yesterday with only a few commenting on the game. This game alone was what I vividly remember from the E3 3DS hardware reveal, just seeing Kid Icarus in his own game could have possibly made it my killer app. I don't regret getting it, and I don't know why everyone is slamming the controls. If you just hit the L button with the lower part of your pointer finger, there shouldn't be any problems or discomfort.

Now, what sucks, is the genius who decided to invert the 'spin like a globe' mechanic with no option to change it. That was almost a deal breaker for me, but I got thru it..

I'm also going to GS in about an hour to pick up the 3D Classic code for $5.99 which they are selling by itself. So I still came out ahead from B&M stores..

[quote name='ponn01']Ugh, I'm strongly considering waiting on this now. Controls make or break a game. Hell I had to sell my original DS Phat because my hands couldn't fit right around and playing every game was a chore. And I'm not trying to start a war but I have found asking if games are really that bad on hyped exclusive games to never be a good idea. Hyped Nintendo fans will never tell you the truth if the controls are awful because they have hyped themselves into believing its awesome. That goes for any exclusive on any system so don't jump on my shit, you all know it's true even if you won't admit it. I think I'll just pick up the reprint copy of radiant historia before it disappears again and wait for a black Friday or AWD on this.[/QUOTE]

And that's why you should never listen to anyone except people you trust. There are fanboys and trolls everywhere so you gotta take all opinions with a grain of salt.

Glad that Amazon decided to price match and quickly gave out refunds for the difference. Never had a problem with them before and glad to keep it that way.

I've only played the first couple of chapters but it does get uncomfortable holding it with only one hand so might try the stand. I wish this had proper circle pad pro support, but the game is still fun so far.

I am not a Nintendo troll in any way whatsoever. I bought a 3ds at midnight the day of release. I have, and like, pretty much every first party game. I am sorry, but I just don't like this game due to its controls, especially the ground parts. I was looking forward to this game too.

I have not read a review that hasn't criticized the controls and the developer felt the need to include a stand to try and help. Most people seem to like the game despite its flaws, but the consensus is pretty clear that it has substandard controls.

Has anyone actually read said reviews? Everyone realizes the control scheme is very customizable right? You don't have to use the stylus or touch the damn screen if you don't want to.

[quote name='caltab']I am not a Nintendo troll in any way whatsoever. I bought a 3ds at midnight the day of release. I have, and like, pretty much every first party game. I am sorry, but I just don't like this game due to its controls, especially the ground parts. I was looking forward to this game too.

I have not read a review that hasn't criticized the controls and the developer felt the need to include a stand to try and help. Most people seem to like the game despite its flaws, but the consensus is pretty clear that it has substandard controls.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't accusing you of being a troll. Not everybody likes every game. It's cool.

I was talking about chimpmeister who has trolled every single 3ds thread since the system was announced. And since he doesn't have a 3ds or intends to buy one, his one purpose for being in this thread at all is to troll it.

I've been playing Free For All all day. Very fun. Always seem to land in 2nd though. Collecting new weapons is my favorite part, I'm a Blade user myself.

bread's done
Back