Kidd's OnLive World of Goo/Braid Giveaway

Kiddcade

CAGiversary!
I've still got a handful of OnLive Codes for World of Goo and Braid that I don't plan on using, from the Humble Bundle.

I'd hate to see them go to waste. So I'm gonna give 3 sets of them away.

All you have to do is respond to this thread with how you keep track of your unused CD Keys and the top 3 methods will be sent Private Messages here on CAG with the OnLive codes.

EDIT: Forgot to clarify a couple of points. The giveaway will continue until all 3 sets are given out, at which point I will edit this post to indicate it's closed. Judging is based on whichever method works best for me. I need to find a way of going about ti that works for me and i'm looking for ideas of how others do it.

I'll take a set off of your hands. Thanks :D

EDIT: Oh and I keep track of my CD keys by keeping my booklets in a cabinet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend an in depth excel spread sheet. Not only only will your keys be extremely organized, but easy to find and access. Using multiple tabs for different groups of cd keys along with having rows hidden until selected by a parent row are just some of the many ways you can do this.

Also for security purposes, excel files can be easily encrypted to keep your data safe.

From personal experience I have never had a problem or found a better solution. I do this with all my data on and off the job because it gives total peace of mind.

Digital ink has a very good point, but misses a clear issue: backup data. And what if that data gets corrupted? No problem.

Google Docs has an excel-sheet like program that can be accessed from any computer. Meaning your CD Keys, that paper for class that you and others are working on or more can be saved and shared or kept private.

The cloud is always the answer. Always. Or permanent markers and your arm. The cloud just tends to last longer.

[quote name='kirby_fox']Digital ink has a very good point, but misses a clear issue: backup data. And what if that data gets corrupted? No problem.

Google Docs has an excel-sheet like program that can be accessed from any computer. Meaning your CD Keys, that paper for class that you and others are working on or more can be saved and shared or kept private.

The cloud is always the answer. Always. Or permanent markers and your arm. The cloud just tends to last longer.[/QUOTE]

Does Google Docs encrypt my data and let me keep it private and never let anyone else in?

I.E. Security issues.

If so i'm counting both of you as winners.

[quote name='Kiddcade']Does Google Docs encrypt my data and let me keep it private and never let anyone else in?

I.E. Security issues.

If so i'm counting both of you as winners.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, no.

Similar to Google Docs, I use dropbox as a way of storing everyday files that i use. They have a desktop client for easy syncing but you can also download or upload files to your dropbox via their website which is actually very usefl when you need to look up something. Here's the site for it: www.getdropbox.com to be honest, i don't know how I lived before dropbox. but like Google docs, Dropboc (i believe) has no encryption but it isn't to be used for important documents anyway, it's for easy and on the go access to everyday things that you use.

As for the CD keys, i just put it in a notepad and put it in my dropbox. Like i said, it's something similar to Google docs but with dropbox, you can sync anything (up to 2gb, 5 if you refer people to it)

I know the contest is over but hey, Dropbox might help you out as it did for me.

bread's done
Back