kijiji vs craigslist

Im from toronto but I prefer Kiji. Craigs always seems like people trying to make a quick buck. Also had to deal with scalpers on craigslist before rather than real people.

Kijiiji both times used the people were very polite and so forth.

Also got better deals too.

I'm on all usedottawa, kijiji, newsgroups and craigslist for various types of items to sell/buy. It seems like usedottawa has been the best among them in terms of both # of posting and # of scammers.

I'm in Ottawa, Craigs is pretty quiet, Kijiiji has most of the same ads at usedottawa.com.
I use usedottawa.com regularly for buying and selling of furniture, cars, instruments and it's a great place to sell games for decent money.
My husbands truck is for sale right now.

I do use nntp. I should have added that as an option. hfx.forsale and ns.forsale. I never used nntp for buying stuff before I moved here, so not sure if AB, and SK (other places I have lived) have very active used item newsgroups.
~S

I say craigslist....but that's simply because my name is Craig. Hmmm... I don't really have an opinion on the topic aside from that reasoning. :p

Thanks for posting this. I always use craigslist, and I always forget about kijiji.

I'm unexpectedly in the market for a cheap used car, so it was nice to go to kijiji and see it's much more active here than CL... I should probably copy my craigslist videogames listing over so it's running on both.

Looked at kijiji once, couldn't figure it out and didn't like all the ads. Craigslist is fine for me, though I wish it were more popular.

This is the first I've heard of kijiji, took a look and it seems pretty active. Looked at craigstlist before, never really liked it for some reason.

[quote name='Khalid']It weird with kijiji, when I reply to them, they never had reply back to me...[/quote]

It's upto the users, not the site itself. Maybe you lowballed too much? ;)

ya i get responses all the time i like both sites and if you put offers up you get spammed with people interested with trades/offers so you have lots to choose from

[quote name='danthemightyone']It's upto the users, not the site itself. Maybe you lowballed too much? ;)[/QUOTE]

Nah, maybe for some trade case, but sometimes they ask if I still have the game. I said yes and they had never respond.

[quote name='Khalid']Nah, maybe for some trade case, but sometimes they ask if I still have the game. I said yes and they had never respond.[/quote]

Happens to me all the time. Either your email got flagged as spam or they ignore it. I always try to respond to every single email I get (whether I'm interested or not) because I hate waiting.

[quote name='Khalid']It weird with kijiji, when I reply to them, they never had reply back to me...[/quote]

In the interest of limiting spam, I had used an inbox.com account for stuff like Kijiji and Craigslist... it took putting a test ad on the site and then replying to it with my inbox.com address to realize that they blocked out mail from that domain. Why they wouldn't warn you as a buyer after replying, I have no idea.

Definitely Kijiji. Some of my baby son's designer clothing has come from Kijiji in top notch condition (some items still with tags) for next to nothing. If you're selective and quick on your draw, you can snag killer deals. And what's cuter than a baby dressed to the nines? A parent who paid almost nothing to do it!

I can't get on board the Craigslist train, though. It seems pretty sparse here.

[quote name='magiic']where I live mose people use www.usedvictoria.com usedcanada has sites for a lot of major canadian cities[/quote]

I'm just hearing about usedcanada right now, I'll be checking that out now.

On the CL and Kijiji thing I've had good and bad experiences with both, but since I have to pick one I'd pick Craigslist because I got the most things for it.

FFXI PS2 hard drive brand new in box? CL! :D

bread's done
Back