Killer Instinct/mortal kombat, the voice

Vega$

CAGiversary!
Who is the dude who says " Ultra cooooooooooombo and all that crazy stuff ?

Also who is the guy who Mortal kombat, who yells in the background saying all that stuff, like flawless victory or round 1, etc?

I always wonder about it. They have some of the coolest voices i ever heard.

I'm not sure. I would assume that it's someone's voice that worked on the game, and they may have doctored it up some. But, I'm sure someone knows for sure.

Don't know about Killer Instinct, but a guy named Steve Richie did the voice for Shao Khan (who was the "announcer" voice) from MK2 through MK Trilogy. It sucked ass when they replaced him in MK4.

On this page it says he also did the announcer in MK1, so I assume that is true even though it doesn't sound like the rest of the games he did.

He is best known for playing the voice of Shao Kahn in the Mortal Kombat series (MKII, MK3, UMK3, MKT). In an interview for the australian publication Arcade and Flipper Pinball Review (December 2001 & March 2002 issues) he also claimed he was the announcer in MK and MKII, along with coming up with the name of Mortal Kombat, which was just called 'Mortal' before.

Awesome :)

[quote name='KaneRobot']Don't know about Killer Instinct, but a guy named Steve Richie did the voice for Shao Khan (who was the "announcer" voice) from MK2 through MK Trilogy. It sucked ass when they replaced him in MK4.

On this page it says he also did the announcer in MK1, so I assume that is true even though it doesn't sound like the rest of the games he did.[/quote]

He's a cool-looking dude:

Steve_ritchie.jpg

bread's done
Back