Killing Floor $5.98 (75% Off)

[quote name='rieper']http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/killing-floor/

I know its an older game but ive seen gameplay vids on yutube and it looks alright for a horror gorefest type of game...any chance it'll be cheaper during the steam summer sale or should i jump on this deal now?[/QUOTE]
I've had more fun playing this mod with a bunch of friends throughout the summer last year. It's definitely enjoyable, and worth the $5.98. I can see it being cheaper on Steam, but only a couple dollars less if anything.

Killing Floor >>> Left 4 Dead

It's amazing, I bought it for $5 dollars about 3 years ago and it's one of those games that keeps on giving. Plus their special holiday mods are always fun. I'm not much for DLC characters but on this game I've always went ahead and purchased everything I could because I really love how the guys at Tripwire keep putting out new stuff to keep the game fresh.

[quote name='eXiON']Killing Floor >>> Left 4 Dead

It's amazing, I bought it for $5 dollars about 3 years ago and it's one of those games that keeps on giving. Plus their special holiday mods are always fun. I'm not much for DLC characters but on this game I've always went ahead and purchased everything I could because I really love how the guys at Tripwire keep putting out new stuff to keep the game fresh.[/QUOTE]
I love that you said that haha. I was almost convinced that my brother and I were the only ones who felt this way towards Killing Floor. I've gotten in more arguments defending this game when being compared to Left 4 Dead.

[quote name='Wario64']Tempted to use my $5 credit that I got from Disciples.[/QUOTE]Is Disciples any good? I haven't been able to download Capsule so I haven't played it.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I love that you said that haha. I was almost convinced that my brother and I were the only ones who felt this way towards Killing Floor. I've gotten in more arguments defending this game when being compared to Left 4 Dead.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think this sort of comment accounts for about 60% of the postings on the Killing Floor forum at Steam.

Personally, I found it to be sort of like playing Call of Duty or Battlefield MP but with zombies, which is terrific if you like that sort of thing but otherwise is not that great. To each his own.

[quote name='omnicious']Is Disciples any good? I haven't been able to download Capsule so I haven't played it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I need to go ahead and start getting with the whole multi-quote program, and I guess I will someday. . . .

Well if you've never played any of the Disciples games before and you like HOMM-type TBS games, then you should enjoy Disciples II. Some (well, Most) have said that it's better than the two sequels (D3: Renaissance and Resurrection), but I've not really played enough of those to have formed an opinion yet. The art style is unique and there are campaigns for each faction with many missions that will keep you busy for hours.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Any chance this is Xbox 360 controller compatible?[/QUOTE]
I tried plugging in, no setup with a xbox wired controller and it did not work, so no official support for the controller. I think you should be able to use an external program like xpadder to use the controller in the game, but it might be more difficult because there is no auto-aim in the game.

Got this for insanely cheap a couple years back. It's fun with a bunch of friends, but you need to be in the mood for it since it's just a cooperative horde mode with upgrades n stuff. A regular game session can run almost two hours on the harder settings.

Been waiting for another sale on this somewhere. I take it this is the standard game only (no character packs)?
Debating if should wait for the next major steam sale.

I own 200+ games thanks to the indie bundles and steams awesome sales, this game is by far my favorite. Over 250 hours on it. Great game if you like playing co-op with your buddies or randoms. My recommendation is the Doom Map cause you can get a full 10 waves done in like 20 minutes.

bread's done
Back