Killing Floor: Co-op Survival Horror -comes out May 14 (Steam) $14.99 Pre-order

hero101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
207 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKUb8KSZVPY
Roswell, GA, March 20th 2009 – Tripwire Interactive is proud to announce Killing Floor, due for release over Steam in the near future. Killing Floor is a first-person co-op survival horror, set in and around London after a mad scientist’s “specimens” have broken loose and gone on the rampage.

• Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens

• Solo game mode for offline play

• Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer

• 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers

• 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
  • Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive

• Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities

• Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors

• Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde

• Full support for Steamworks features, including Steam Achievements and Friends

• Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters

• Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in the deal thread, I liked the UT04 mod but I'm not sure I'd pay 20$ (or 15$ atm) for it even with the visual and gameplay overhaul.

Yeah this game was originally a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. I'm guessing you can still find it somewhere. It was pretty fun.

[quote name='crystalklear64']that looks super generic[/quote]
I noticed that too. I was hoping that it ends up being really fun. :roll: Anyways, I might buy it for $5 if it is meh.

Looks like Left 4 Dead, but better... I like the horror/scifi settings rather than the real world ones you see in so many zombie games today. They just get boring...Plus the gore looks fun.

[quote name='darthbudge']I just got this game for $5 in the Steam sale. Does anyone still play this? We need to get some CAG co-op games going.[/QUOTE]

I've been on it, I love it. That'd be a good idea, so many idiots in this game.

Hmmm, I need more horror in my diet.

I am going to pick this up. I have several Private Ventrillo Servers. So if anyone is interested in getting something scheduled let me know.

Yeah I bought it for $10 and I'd say it was worth it. Pretty much exactly the same as the Unreal Tournament 2004 mod with slightly improved graphics and a few new enemies/weapons. Oh and the class system which I like.

I can't stop playing this game. I'm glad developers are finally starting to bring out more games that are not only challenging, but reinvigorate stale genres. I'm pretty late to the party having just bought this, but there's still tons of active servers and lots of my friends still play. If these guys ever released a PvP game or added it to KF, I'd be all over it day one.

I have two guest passes available for those that want them. Shoot me a PM with your email or Steam ID and I'll send it when I get home from work (around 6 PM PST). Getting this game also includes the Defence Alliance mod so it's two for the price of one. DA is pretty fun as well.

EDIT: These two passes have been given out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']I can't stop playing this game. I'm glad developers are finally starting to bring out more games that are not only challenging, but reinvigorate stale genres. I'm pretty late to the party having just bought this, but there's still tons of active servers and lots of my friends still play. If these guys ever released a PvP game or added it to KF, I'd be all over it day one.[/QUOTE]

I think the mod Defence Alliance 2 that comes with has Deathmatch in it.

[quote name='secondnightmare']Looks like Left 4 Dead, but better...[/QUOTE]

Ehhhh not so much. KF is an ok distraction but L4D and L4D2 hold up to repeated play much, much better. I got bored of KF within 2 days of being given a guest pass yet I still play L4D2 pretty often and I've had it since launch.

From the little I've played of both they are different games. I think I like playing L4D better with friends and KF better alone... if that makes any sense.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I think the mod Defence Alliance 2 that comes with has Deathmatch in it.[/QUOTE]
Oh is that what that extra mode is? Nice, definitely have to check it out once I hit SS 6 tonight. This game is so fucking good I can't believe it's just PvE co-op, because campaign mode bored the shit out of me in L4D.

Me and some buddies picked this up for $5 during the Steam holiday sale. We've been playing it a ton and like it so much we shelled out for a dedicated server so we can play together whenever we want. Very fun co-op that can get pretty intense at times.

It doesn't have the production value of bigger games, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Me and some buddies picked this up for $5 during the Steam holiday sale. We've been playing it a ton and like it so much we shelled out for a dedicated server so we can play together whenever we want. Very fun co-op that can get pretty intense at times.

It doesn't have the production value of bigger games, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to join you guys. I've got a mic and a decent team spirit. Just don't stand in front of me when I'm firing a grenade launcher.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I'd love to join you guys. I've got a mic and a decent team spirit. Just don't stand in front of me when I'm firing a grenade launcher.[/QUOTE]

Sure. pm sent with server info.

I just started playing and I'm looking for a group of people to play the game with. Mind if I join you guys too? :D

Steam: ravenger321

[quote name='ravenger']I just started playing and I'm looking for a group of people to play the game with. Mind if I join you guys too? :D

Steam: ravenger321[/QUOTE]

I don't mind giving the ip out as it's a public server...just keep in mind it's 6 players max. lol

pm sent

Currently it's a long game (10 waves) on normal difficulty. We'll up it to hard difficulty once we get our perks leveled a bit. We're also trying to get all the "beat X map on normal" achievements first too.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Currently it's a long game (10 waves) on normal difficulty. We'll up it to hard difficulty once we get our perks leveled a bit. We're also trying to get all the "beat X map on normal" achievements first too.[/QUOTE]
Well, if you guys need help with unlocks, I can help since I solo hard games now.

So does anyone else really really suck at this game? I swear the first time I played I did well surviving the waves, but this last time I was getting killed first wave each time. I'm playing the solo levels on normal... maybe I should choose a different class... I had a guy with a pistol and he just wasn't cutting it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So does anyone else really really suck at this game? I swear the first time I played I did well surviving the waves, but this last time I was getting killed first wave each time. I'm playing the solo levels on normal... maybe I should choose a different class... I had a guy with a pistol and he just wasn't cutting it.[/QUOTE]

Is your perk leveled up at all? If you are just starting out soloing on normal will be kinda tough. Everyone starts with the pistol, use the ironsights and aim for the head for better results. You have to survive and buy new weapons between waves from the trader and make sure to buy the weapons that your selected perk will benefit. Also make sure to get the body armor when you can.

I would definitely at least start with multiplayer. Just follow other people around a bit and see what they do to get the basics down. Also I'm not sure how you can beat the patriarch (the end boss) by yourself. Does his health scale down a ton for a single person or do you have to do something ridiculous like laying 15 pipe bombs in one spot?

Then again I don't think I'll ever play the single player because I'm more in it for the antics and action than the challenge. Hard mode does add a lot more antics, though :)

Thanks for the tips, I started doing the multiplayer and it is 1000X more fun now as I don't die instantly! I am still the first to die, but I stick around much longer and finally leveled up one point in the beserker class. Definitely will keep playing this until I start getting some of the cooler weapons so I can give the single player another try.

[quote name='DrFoo']Does his health scale down a ton for a single person or do you have to do something ridiculous like laying 15 pipe bombs in one spot?[/QUOTE]His health scales per player and I've solo'd him on hard as a perk 6 SS, which really isn't that hard. Two pipes and a xbow headshot is all it takes to down solo.

Yeah, On solo you get a lot less zombies.... multiplayer you get just around 20-30 zombies per person... solo you get 20 zombies per wave...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thanks for the tips, I started doing the multiplayer and it is 1000X more fun now as I don't die instantly! I am still the first to die, but I stick around much longer and finally leveled up one point in the beserker class. Definitely will keep playing this until I start getting some of the cooler weapons so I can give the single player another try.[/QUOTE]
Lots of people hate the berserker and I can't understand why. They and the medic are arguably the best kits in the game due to damage reduction, speed bonus (being able to outrun enemies is king in this game), and the OP xbow (I'll be sad when this gets nerfed, but it is the best weapon in the game hands down). When I was leveling zerker, I was often the last person alive on H/L games and would finish off the wave solo, even with fleshies running around. Best tips I can give you is buy the katana and xbow ASAP in that order. Don't even bother wasting money on armor until wave 5 or 6, because you can just self heal any damage you accrue (plus you'll most likely find some on the ground). Learn to hit and fade with attacks by moving in and out of enemies attack range and always keep moving, even if you're working within the same area. Know your limits and always have an exit plan strategy. You're also an amazing meatshield, so use your body to impede zeds who are about to kill a teammate but don't get in over your head if they're being retarded.

One last thing, you are a scrake killer. Katana alt-fire stuns, so hit them with it once then go to town with quick attacks. That is unless you have a competent SS with a xbow on the team for headshots. Either way, they're walking money bags to you.

I mainly play the medic and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Berzerkers. Just have one stand in a chokepoint/doorway and pump him full of syringes as he hacks away.

Demolition is too much fun. Just laid down about 13 or 14 pipe bombs. Patriarch spawned about 20 feet away, ran up to the pipe bombs while I was still planting more, and we both blew up. Still not as fun as trying to surround him with katanas, though.

I just sent my cousin a guest pass yesterday, and we both love this game. We are noobs, but it is very fun. We just can't seem to kill the damn Patriarch on Manor :(.

Having a lot of fun with this game. I've been pretty much exclusively playing Normal/Long games as a medic first, switching to demo second half of rounds. Feel free to add me and message me to play.

steamid: ChernobylCow

I've been playing this game for about a month or so now on and off, recently got a server as well and installed the new versus mod. that came out which lets players control specimens.

Here's the IP if you're interested: 205.234.153.2:7707

Steam ID is: PEGamer

I just bought this game since it was one of Steam's Daily Deals. I've played about two hours of it so far, and it's pretty damn awesome. If anyone wants to play or needs another person, then let me know.

My Steam Id is the same as my user-name: Razzuel.

Kind of hoping they'd do a new map like they did for the other holidays. Unfortunately you have to make your bones on the Bedlam map, which isn't one of my favorites. Oh well, only 18 more scrakes to go until I unlock the Commando Chicken skin.

I actually need HOE Bedlam, so hopefully I can finally get this map done since barely anyone plays it. The map is super easy with a good team and using the long hallway. I actually would have finished it before but people decided they wanted to do medic xbows instead of the surefire zerker saws. Hate eurotrash servers lol.

I missed out on the Halloween event. I don't know why they don't need the exclusive skins to certain maps. Like you need to play the santa map to see the christmas skins and the carnival one for that summer one etc.

bread's done
Back