Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrisoso']Hey man its CHEAPASSgamer[/QUOTE]

no no...i get it. but my CHEAPASSishness usually falls around $40 for a new game, not $52. I fell for the "it will be a LONNNNNGG time before its below $60" argument though. Like I said, I still bought it, but its amazing what a 5 dollar coupon can do for a game.

[quote name='Microshock']Well even after the 5 dollar off promotion code, its still 56.34, that's from the tax in NYC. So i'll either get it from NEWEGG or from my local store for 60 which charges no tax.

Also, amazon free shipping takes forever if you dont have prime[/quote]

Thats bs in my case. Everytime I have used Amazon.com and free shipping I get the game within 3 business days. I dont even have prime. I guess I am just willing to wait an extra day or two and save 5 dollars. I have too many other games to keep me busy.

51 for killzone. yes this is awesome. i'll wait out the super free shipping. its saves me about 10 bucks with tax had i bought it at gamestop or any other store

I've never had a problem with Amazon's free shipping. It's Newegg's free shipping that's awful. They use the dying DHL service who takes the package to a center which then gives it over to USPS. A huge waste of time which adds days onto your shipping.

$52 at amazon for KZ2 is a steal for me.

Anyone here know if you can use Paypal plugin for a Amazon preorder? I have $17 in Paypal credit from doing Live Cashback from before and would like to combine it with this deal for $25 off. I know Amazon doesn't directly support Paypal but I heard Paypal allows you to download the Paypal Plugin program which generates a virtual credit card number that can be used to order on websites that don't accept Paypal like Amazon. I've never used this before so I'm unsure if it'll work for preorder as the virtual credit card number may perhaps expire when Amazon charges the card in a month or so (when the game ships). Thanks.

[quote name='anathema728']easily beat the game then resell used on craigslist for 50, even cheaper than a rental[/quote]

True, PS3 games have really high resale value on Craigslist, at least where I live.

Meanwhile I'm lucky to sell popular new release 360 games for $30, and I have to weed through ten "I'll give you $20 for it, I have the cash on hand" emails to get there.

Nice, the game is now #2 in overall game sales on amazon as of this writing. $5 coupon FTW!

And don't give up on the game if you don't like the demo. Look what happened with Burnout Paradise...

I am about to pull the trigger. I've never had this kind of a huge backlog of games before and I keep adding to the list. I've got to finish up Dead Space and Fallout 3 and get some LBP time in. I don't think I'll be getting those 10,000 kills in competitive mode for Resistance 2, either. I think I have like 1,200...

Why am I scared to pay $52 for my most anticipated game of the near future? Damn CheapyD!

[quote name='silent h3ro']1 word for you: clearance. You can buy both Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank under $30 at Target/ Meijer etc.[/quote]

I have looked everywhere for Ratchet and Clank but no no no no no!!!Never have found it under 40

saving me almost $14 after california tax if I bought it from gamestop - don't mind waiting a few days for it with free shipping/no tax
got the demo code free, can't wait to test it out next week

You know what I like to do sometimes when I mail order in a new released game and don't want to wait for shipping?

I order the game online, and while I'm waiting for the game to ship, I buy another copy at Gamestop (or wherever local retailer) to play. Then, when the mail-order copy arrives, I "return" the new-and-sealed copy of the game I just received in the mail to Gamestop for a full refund.

Call this immoral or unethical or whatever, but no harm's being done.

[quote name='wildcpac']Thats bs in my case. Everytime I have used Amazon.com and free shipping I get the game within 3 business days. I dont even have prime. I guess I am just willing to wait an extra day or two and save 5 dollars. I have too many other games to keep me busy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='toxicinzanity']i got a preorder code in my email yesterday that saves 5 bucks and u gt a pshome costume if anyone wants it[/quote]

Me, me, me! PM it to me. Thanks.

[quote name='sTaTIx']You know what I like to do sometimes when I mail order in a new released game and don't want to wait for shipping?

I order the game online, and while I'm waiting for the game to ship, I buy another copy at Gamestop (or wherever local retailer) to play. Then, when the mail-order copy arrives, I "return" the new-and-sealed copy of the game I just received in the mail to Gamestop for a full refund.

Call this immoral or unethical or whatever, but no harm's being done.[/QUOTE]

I always thought that everyone did that... :)

For anyone who pre-ordered this game before the coupon came out and received an error applying it to your order, just contact customer service. I contacted them no more than an hour ago (via email) and already they applied the coupon to my order.

Thanks for this! Was hoping to pick it up from somewhere but no place had a limited edition or anything that I had seen, so 51.99 is a super price for it!

I bit, with free shipping and no tax this is better than any deal we'll see on the game anywhere else for a few months. Especially considering that everyone seems to be saying it's living up to the hype.

[quote name='silent h3ro']1 word for you: clearance. You can buy both Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank under $30 at Target/ Meijer etc.[/quote]

Now that is a big ASSumption on your part. I think that (a) you have to have one of those stores in your area and (b) they still have to have stock of the item. Maybe that is a blind leap of faith on my part - needing stores and them having it in stock, but that has always been 100% on the mark when I go looking for cheap games.

BTW - good price on what should be a great game.

[quote name='toxicinzanity']i got a preorder code in my email yesterday that saves 5 bucks and u gt a pshome costume if anyone wants it[/QUOTE]

I'd love that code! PM it if you would, I would appreciate it!

Looks like it wont ship until March

Items not yet shipped:

arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif
Shipping estimate: March 3, 2009 - March 4, 2009 1 of: Killzone 2

[quote name='mbcrump']Looks like it wont ship until March

Items not yet shipped:

Shipping estimate: March 3, 2009 - March 4, 2009 1 of: Killzone 2[/quote]

Those are always very conservative. I always get my orders in before their estimates. Could be for liability purposes.

Those in NY, Newegg is a slightly better option due to tax... Well, if you have a buddy in NJ, you can avoid the whole tax thing ;) and if you're worried about shipping, just do the retail buy it and return it trick. Personally, extra few days of wait is better than wasting time on buy/return. I'm also glad that there's no LE or CE for this game. I'm a sucker for such things, but it's a relief that i don't have spend extra to satisfy the irrational urges. Judging from R&C, HS, Uncharted, i doubt you can find a better deal than $52 in the first month. Of course, you can wait all you want, but most of us just want to play asap. Hell, i paid $40 for GoW II and worth every penny, even though the game can be gotten for like $15. I'm sure every one of us have one of those must-have-on-day-one-games, well, KZ2 is such game for me, waited too long for it.

[quote name='gamer4432']For anyone who pre-ordered this game before the coupon came out and received an error applying it to your order, just contact customer service. I contacted them no more than an hour ago (via email) and already they applied the coupon to my order.[/quote]Yeah I also emailed them so they could apply it to my order and I don't even think it took them an hour to do it.

[quote name='Serpentor']Those in NY, Newegg is a slightly better option due to tax...[/QUOTE]

Good idea, come out to be the same price but with newegg ill get it faster then amazon..Plus i might go grab it at bestbuy with a giftcard when it comes out then just return the one from newegg..or il just wait
thanks op for the heads up

[quote name='mbcrump']Looks like it wont ship until March

Items not yet shipped:

Shipping estimate: March 3, 2009 - March 4, 2009 1 of: Killzone 2[/quote]

With PRIME mine says that it will Arrive on March 4th (which means it will ship on Monday). If I have the weekend off of work I may just pick it up at Target and then return the copy I get from Amazon back there so I can play it.

I gave in. At least I could cancel if I want to before the release date.

Anyways, who's planning to sell their PS Home code? Since there are two auctions for the demos going over $10, I might just do that to help lower the initial cost of the game.

Hm...$56 with tax...damn you NYC making the rest of us in New York pay tax online.

To do this, newegg, or use my tru giftcard...

[quote name='toxicinzanity']i got a preorder code in my email yesterday that saves 5 bucks and u gt a pshome costume if anyone wants it[/quote]I've seen a few people begging for it. So here it is for free

It's also listed in post #1, thus the price in the title of the thread. You guys crack me up

[quote name='shadowkast']I've seen a few people begging for it. So here it is for free

It's also listed in post #1, thus the price in the title of the thread. You guys crack me up
[/quote]
:lol:

So I just saw the video review on ign.com and it looks like any other shooter. So do you guys think Killzone is going to make Resistance 2 go down in price? I think it will. I guess in 3 months Resistance 2 is going to be retailing at $39.99.

why would Killzone effect the price of Resistance 2? It wont drop to $39.99 any time soon considering how R&C:TOD (a game released in 2007) is still $59.99 in some places.

Just FYI Resistance 2 goes for ~$40 brand new on eBay all the time. Just won an auction for $41 last night.

Lots of good deals to be found there for PS3 games right now, Motorstorm Pacific Rift and LittleBigPlanet are going for ~$40-45 too.

[quote name='charlescheese']To those waiting for $20 or $30...good luck, you're going to be waiting a long time. A turd like lair is still $60, I can only imagine how long a AAA game like KZ2 is going to remain $60. The $51.99 deal is probably the best you'll see for quite some time. This is Sony afterall...[/quote]
this aside i think it's odd that $7 off constitutes a front page deal. I guess it's really the slow season dealwise.

bread's done
Back