Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='toogood']Wasn't planning to purchase this, but found it in my gold box today. For $49.14, I can't really pass it up. Hope it live up to all the hypes.[/quote]

Yea, this might have been covered in this thread, but someone at another forum mentioned this tactic for getting it at $49:

Hey everyone, I thought I would post this because its a great deal, may take a few minutes but worth it. Amazon.com has a pre-order sepcial on Killzone 2, for 56.99 with coupon code KZ2SAVE5 you save $5.00 to make it 51.99. If you want to make it even sweeter, you can go to you recommendations, remove everything but killzone 2 from them, and killzone 2 will be in your gold box deals for an additional 5% off. It comes to just about $49.00. If you don't want to do that however, $51.99 is still a a great deal.

This also comes with free amazon.com exclusive ps home codes.

Has anyone suggested this already? Go to your recommendations, remove everything but Killzone 2, and Killzone 2 will be in your Gold Box deals for an additional 5% off. It comes to just about $49.00.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Has anyone suggested this already? Go to your recommendations, remove everything but Killzone 2, and Killzone 2 will be in your Gold Box deals for an additional 5% off. It comes to just about $49.00.[/QUOTE]

Look 3 posts above yours...

[quote name='earvcunanan']Has anyone suggested this already? Go to your recommendations, remove everything but Killzone 2, and Killzone 2 will be in your Gold Box deals for an additional 5% off. It comes to just about $49.00.[/quote]

But if you already pre-ordered it then it will not come into your recommendations since you already "purchased" it form them. Or does it eventually pop up again (I have gone through 4 pages of "recommendations")

[quote name='NJMane']But if you already pre-ordered it then it will not come into your recommendations since you already "purchased" it form them. Or does it eventually pop up again (I have gone through 4 pages of "recommendations")[/quote]

If you cancel it will re-appear in your recommendations (if it would be there for other reasons). If it's not in there, try adding motorstorm 2 to your cart. That's what caused it to appear in mine.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']If you cancel it will re-appear in your recommendations (if it would be there for other reasons). If it's not in there, try adding motorstorm 2 to your cart. That's what caused it to appear in mine.[/quote]

Does it push back the ship (arrival) date because of all the pre-orders. Right now mine sits at March 4th arrival.

[quote name='dallow']Someone already mentioned they got R2 for $41 sealed on ebay. Go that route then.[/quote]

I want Resistance 2 for $30. So if the games drops to $39.99 MSRP, then I should get it for $30 on ebay.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']And how many games have IGN developed?[/quote]

Even ign.com on their video review said this was supposed to be the Sony's answer to Halo. Halo has online co-op , Killzone does not. End of story.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Has anyone suggested this already? Go to your recommendations, remove everything but Killzone 2, and Killzone 2 will be in your Gold Box deals for an additional 5% off. It comes to just about $49.00.[/quote]

How the hell does this work. I have gone through countless times the recommendations moving everything but Killzone 2 out and they just keep coming. I dont get how this is suppose to work. What am I doing wrong?

By saying to only use Resistance 2 as a thing for the recommendations to go off of the only thing that I have as a recommendation is now Killzone 2. Now were do I go for the extra 5% off? I looked in the gold box area and I have a few "my quick picks" but they are just random stuff (same things as before I went and updated the recommendation list). Do I have to wait till tomorrow for it to show up there or am I looking in the wrong spot?

I couldn't do it either. What I found interesting is that I went in and re-ordered Killzone 2 (I switched to the $3.99 One-Day Shipping, screw it I want to play it that weekend) it had the KZ2SAVES5 promotion already applied.

And this was after I had cleared my cookies and everything. It seems that they're tracking whether or not you've already bought it on their side, and not allowing KZ2 to show up in your Recommendations/Gold Box based on that.

In the end, One-Day Shipping for $55.98. Not a big deal, I would have paid $59.99 with 2-Day Shipping with no complaints. I just wish they would have had Release Date shipping on it.

[quote name='silks'] I just wish they would have had Release Date shipping on it.[/quote]
Does anyone know what actually happened to Amazon's Release Date Delivery? The only game I ever saw it offered on was LBP.

I thought that the Gold Box stuff couldnt be used with other promotions, like the Killzone coupon? Or has it been verified that they stack?

I canceled my preorder, and made sure that only my Resistance 2 purchase is being used for recommendations. Killzone should show up in Gold Box tomorrow =)

[quote name='sTaTIx']You know what I like to do sometimes when I mail order in a new released game and don't want to wait for shipping?

I order the game online, and while I'm waiting for the game to ship, I buy another copy at Gamestop (or wherever local retailer) to play. Then, when the mail-order copy arrives, I "return" the new-and-sealed copy of the game I just received in the mail to Gamestop for a full refund.

Call this immoral or unethical or whatever, but no harm's being done.[/QUOTE]

OR you can do what I do and just rent the game 'till it's shipped to your house.

[quote name='VA703']how exactly do you use the coupon?

sorry if its a stupid question i dont want to mess up though[/quote]

The $5 code to bring it down to $51.99? Just enter the code during checkout on either the 2nd to last or last page where it asks if you want to apply amazon gc's or promotional /coupon codes to the purchase. Just plug the code in there and you're good to go.

[quote name='Indyjones']The $5 code to bring it down to $51.99? Just enter the code during checkout on either the 2nd to last or last page where it asks if you want to apply amazon gc's or promotional /coupon codes to the purchase. Just plug the code in there and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='McNutsack']I thought that the Gold Box stuff couldnt be used with other promotions, like the Killzone coupon? Or has it been verified that they stack?

I canceled my preorder, and made sure that only my Resistance 2 purchase is being used for recommendations. Killzone should show up in Gold Box tomorrow =)[/quote]

I stacked the coupon with gold box 5% off no prob. $49.12 or so total

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I stacked the coupon with gold box 5% off no prob. $49.12 or so total[/quote]

I am a little confused, how exactly does this work?

[quote name='thepik241']I am a little confused, how exactly does this work?[/quote]

Killzone 2 has to be one of your "quick picks" found on the gold box page. All of your quick picks get 5% off.

[quote name='thepik241']I am a little confused, how exactly does this work?[/quote]

You have to make sure Killzone 2 is the only thing you have in your recommendations. If there are others on there then mark them with "not interested". after that is all done then It should be in your Gold box quick picks the next day.

I ordered and then find out about a coupon?
wow
cool.gif

[quote name='oasisboy']Even ign.com on their video review said this was supposed to be the Sony's answer to Halo. Halo has online co-op , Killzone does not. End of story.[/quote]
Coop blows, especially when a game has shitty graphics and a shitty single player campaign because they focused on coop crap instead of the games core.

[quote name='sTaTIx']You know what I like to do sometimes when I mail order in a new released game and don't want to wait for shipping?

I order the game online, and while I'm waiting for the game to ship, I buy another copy at Gamestop (or wherever local retailer) to play. Then, when the mail-order copy arrives, I "return" the new-and-sealed copy of the game I just received in the mail to Gamestop for a full refund.

Call this immoral or unethical or whatever, but no harm's being done.[/quote]
You do mess with a store's inventory and create more work for its employees. If many people did this it would definitely be doing harm.

[quote name='J7.']Coop blows, especially when a game has shitty graphics and a shitty single player campaign because they focused on coop crap instead of the games core.[/QUOTE]

It's not a either/or decision since there are many games that have good campaign modes that offer coop. if Killzone 2's single player campaign is really good, wouldn't it be even better if you could play it with a friend?

[quote name='OGHowie']It's not a either/or decision since there are many games that have good campaign modes that offer coop. if Killzone 2's single player campaign is really good, wouldn't it be even better if you could play it with a friend?[/quote]

I think GG had to deal with the dreaded E3 05 CG video. Now that they have surpassed it in certain aspects and finished their goal, KZ2 bashing still continues since the graphics cant be argued about. If Halo 3 was that great, how come it looks like a halo 2.5? KZ2 wansnt meant to be played co-op and Halo 3 was never meant to look realistic or amazing like KZ2 does. Different games, different experiences.

I would love to have co-op to play with a friend. Just tack it on, I don't care if it makes sense or not in the story. I like doing co-op on a harder difficulty with a friend and chatting.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I stacked the coupon with gold box 5% off no prob. $49.12 or so total[/quote]

Ditto :)

Gold Box Quick Picks works with no problem. After 5% off plus $5 code total shipped was $49.14.

Note: For those of you who want to give it a try do the following.:

1. Click on your "Recommendations" (located at the very top of any page of amazon when you are signed in)
2. Click on see all recommendations.
3. Then Click "These recommendations are based on items you own and more."
4. Click "Don't Use for Recommendations" on everything but Resistance 2.
5. This will put Killzone 2 as the only Recommendation in your list (if there are others say your not interested in those.
6. Wait 1 day and go to the Gold Box Deal of the Day and look at your "quick Picks"
7. Select Killzone and add coupon code before you process your transaction and you will get it for $49.14.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion about what to do. YMMV.

I did exactly what was said but then one other game was added to my recommendations without me noticing and i got GOW3 as my gold box deal instead. sigh.....looks like i have to wait another day.

Too much work dealing with the gold box deal. I have over 200 recommendations and clicking everything to not recommend and waiting a day to see if it works just to save $3? Yikes... I feel the developers should get that $3 for working hard on this game (as well as not waste my time). :p

And for the Gold Box terms, it says "Gold Box Quick Picks coupons cannot be combined with other promotions."

Hmm.

[quote name='Larc']Too much work dealing with the gold box deal. I have over 200 recommendations and clicking everything to not recommend and waiting a day to see if it works just to save $3? Yikes... I feel the developers should get that $3 for working hard on this game (as well as not waste my time). :p[/quote]

[quote name='celica']lol i know exactly what you guys mean about the recommendations
7.gif
[/quote]

The deals recommend from what you bought on Amazon.com. Do #3 on my list. This will keep you form de-selecting all the recommendation just the ones you own (i.e. what you bought from Amazon.com unless you updated with stuff from your personal collection before). I only have bought about 30 things or so from amazon.com so it was fast for me. If you only select Resistance 2 you will have to do no more just wait the day.

[quote name='NJMane']The deals recommend from what you bought on Amazon.com. Do #3 on my list. This will keep you form de-selecting all the recommendation just the ones you own (i.e. what you bought from Amazon.com unless you updated with stuff from your personal collection before). I only have bought about 30 things or so from amazon.com so it was fast for me. If you only select Resistance 2 you will have to do no more just wait the day.[/quote]

Well, I've bought a lot of stuff on Amazon so.... and I hope messing with this recommendation just to save $3 won't screw up my monthly Vine recommendations! o_o

I don't get what you're saying. You still have to de-select them all and this won't work unless you've bought Resistance before? Well, I bought Resistance Collector's Edition.

I actually still have Killzone 2 in my recommendations...

I wonder if it's true that the $5 coupon code will expire 2/4/09... if that's the case, no time to be messing with goldbox. It will suck if it expires tomorrow. lol.

bread's done
Back