Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']You do mess with a store's inventory and create more work for its employees. If many people did this it would definitely be doing harm.[/QUOTE]
Since when did buying and returning a new, sealed product mess with a store's inventory?

How do you recommend this on Amazon? Sorry I just want to see if I can get the additional $3 off.

I wasn't loooking forward to this. But after the reviews came out, I've started calling this KOOLZone 2! Heh. Heh heh. I'm cool.

[quote name='igorponweed']I wasn't loooking forward to this. But after the reviews came out, I've started calling this KOOLZone 2! Heh. Heh heh. I'm cool.[/QUOTE]

No, no your not.

Reviews looks great, too bad i already reserved it at GameStop using credit i got from the MCLA fiasco :).

I tried the online beta test for the multiplayer, at least the beta, wasn't as good as CoD4...
but still, should have great single player and the graphic was awsome =P
in for one! thanks!

I really liked the beta although I've never played cod4, but it definitely felt different from any other shooter I had played (I don't play shooters much) it required strategy and working as a team, plus that group system where you can make a little group within your team is really cool

[quote name='VipFREAK']No that's not... I don't want to be playing a game tOOls and douches play.[/quote]

Unfortunately thats quite unavoidable in testosterone-fueled online games these days.

Went ahead and grabbed it. I am really looking forward to this one. It is a little disappointing that they are not marketing it well. We still get the Home bonus outfits, yes?

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Went ahead and grabbed it. I am really looking forward to this one. It is a little disappointing that they are not marketing it well. We still get the Home bonus outfits, yes?[/quote]

Maybe there's a reason the game is not being marketed well. I'm going to wait until the game is released.

[quote name='blakhawkjohn']Maybe there's a reason the game is not being marketed well. I'm going to wait until the game is released.[/quote]

The reason its not being marketed at all is due to Sony. they suck at doing that. Look at MGS4/LBP/Uncharted. They had minimal to no marketing and it shows on the sales of those games.(MGS4 did well due to fan base) KZ2 might be a victim of that. Sucks since KZ2 desevers all the sales since GG worked their ass on it. But Just cause it ain being marketed that well, doesnt mean the game is bad by any means. look at all the reviews, Metacritic overall score above 90! (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone2?q=killzone 2)

If you like shooters/FPS games and have a PS3, this game is a must.

In for one - was in my gold box this AM out of luck - didn't try to manipulate it - and with tax since I am in NY it came to $52 and change. I am bummed for no split screen co-op but I played the beta and it was crazy mayhem like COD4. I may cancel it and do a megafreebie for it in the next month but wanted in just in case since it may be hard to find this for $52 for a while.

yeah day 2 and still not in the gold box
killzone 2 is still the only thing in the recommendations
dont care about the $3 just wanted to see if this actually worked, and for me it definitely does not

[quote name='mykee98']is there any way to get this on release day from amazon????[/quote]

Sometimes they ship early so the games land at your house on release day, but it's not really something you can bank on. Paying for the overnight delivery will increase your odds but it's clearly not a guarantee.

[quote name='Serpent01']finally got the gold box deal to work. What a waste of time just for $3 off.[/quote]

lol. Yeah, that's what I said it would be... too much work just to save $3.

If it's not in my goldbox tomorrow, I'm just going to preorder again.

I googled when the coupon was going to expire and some website had 2/4... I wonder if that's true.

[quote name='buckythekat']the game is showing at $59.99 now[/quote]

dammit..I missed on it because I tried to do that gold box trick. Thats what I get for procrastinating. lol ah well.

[quote name='buckythekat']the game is showing at $59.99 now[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID GOLD BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I don't really have time to be playing games anyway. That stinks!!

[quote name='raystorm']dammit..I missed on it because I tried to do that gold box trick. Thats what I get for procrastinating. lol ah well.[/quote]

When the game was "on sale" or what have you, the total for me was $54 after using the coupon.

I did the goldbox trick just now, and used the coupon, now it's $52.
So you still save money with the goldbox trick. More so than when the game was a couple bucks cheaper.

At least for me anyhow. But it does suck that doing the goldbox tricked made us miss out from getting it for $49 or whatever, lol

[quote name='VipFREAK']No that's not... I don't want to be playing a game tOOls and douches play.[/quote]

Same here, so please dont join any of my games.

[quote name='McNutsack']When the game was "on sale" or what have you, the total for me was $54 after using the coupon.

I did the goldbox trick just now, and used the coupon, now it's $52.
So you still save money with the goldbox trick. More so than when the game was a couple bucks cheaper.

At least for me anyhow. But it does suck that doing the goldbox tricked made us miss out from getting it for $49 or whatever, lol[/quote]

Actually, I'm sure the price will go down again while in pre-order, and they say you get the cheaper price if it goes down.

At least the coupon isn't dead and that would suck even more.

Oh, and your avatar scares me... stop staring at me!!!!

Just FYI if you're ordering from Amazon, you can pre-order on Gamestop.com and they'll email you a code for the Gamestop exclusive single player demo that comes out this Thursday. Then you can cancel your Gamestop pre-order whenever.

[quote name='Aleman']Just FYI if you're ordering from Amazon, you can pre-order on Gamestop.com and they'll email you a code for the Gamestop exclusive single player demo that comes out this Thursday. Then you can cancel your Gamestop pre-order whenever.[/QUOTE]

Not worth the hassle. They just announced that it is only exclusive for 2 days now since they are releasing the demo earlier than previously announced on PSN.

[quote name='OGHowie']Not worth the hassle. They just announced that it is only exclusive for 2 days now since they are releasing the demo earlier than previously announced on PSN.[/quote]

You can't play the demo until a day before KZ2 is released.
You have to have a code to dl it early, sadly.

[quote name='McNutsack']You can't play the demo until a day before KZ2 is released.
You have to have a code to dl it early, sadly.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, Kotaku updated the article. Looks like you're right. My bad.

[quote name='McNutsack']You can't play the demo until a day before KZ2 is released.
You have to have a code to dl it early, sadly.[/quote]

Or you can just make a EU account and download it this Thursday.

Dang, glad I jumped on the deal. I find it odd to how often prices on Amazon fluctuate. Especially with video games. :whistle2:s

[quote name='darknight88']The reason its not being marketed at all is due to Sony. they suck at doing that. Look at MGS4/LBP/Uncharted. They had minimal to no marketing and it shows on the sales of those games.(MGS4 did well due to fan base) KZ2 might be a victim of that. Sucks since KZ2 desevers all the sales since GG worked their ass on it. But Just cause it ain being marketed that well, doesnt mean the game is bad by any means. look at all the reviews, Metacritic overall score above 90! (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone2?q=killzone 2)

If you like shooters/FPS games and have a PS3, this game is a must.[/quote]
lmao at the users score, the game isn't even out yet and they're trying to bring it down already.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Or you can just make a EU account and download it this Thursday.[/quote]
Was just gonna reply here to say the same thing. Never made a EU account before but there are some pretty straight-forward instructions I found off Google.

Glad I jumped on the $51.99 price last week. Amazon is very sporadic with the $3 discount on games. Definitely a chance it'll go down to $56.99 again before this coupon expires though.

[quote name='Larc']Pffftt!!!! finally killzone 2 shows up in my goldbox today. I'm getting $51.99 again.[/quote]

how do you get it to show up in goldbox?

[quote name='cagfansub']how do you get it to show up in goldbox?[/quote]

Someone explained it a few posts before in detail. But basically, you set the recommendation to Resistance 2 (granted you've bought it before) only. Maybe some other PS3 shooter may work, but Resistance 2 works.

Too bad I was one day late!!!! It would be cool if the price lowers when being shipped and I still get the goldbox and coupon discounts; this is how Amazon usually did it when they used to allow 30-day low-price guarantee before people abused it too much.

bread's done
Back