Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']Bye bye GS preorder. Hello Prime delivery![/QUOTE]

Same.

I was going to pick up at GS to get it early and return the Amazon copy, but with this, no need.

Nice just changed my order to release date delivery. My bro and I just split an Amazon Prime membership yesterday and I am already taking full advantage of it.

Got Prime and it is awesome. It really does make me spend more though....

Updated it to release date shipping. Now they just have to add that option to my RE5 preorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered mine last week and just made the switch to release-day delivery. Freakin' awesome.

I also checked my pre-orders for FEAR 2, Loco Roco 2, and Resistance Retribution and they don't have release-day delivery available. Booooo.

I preordered yesterday and had Two-Day shipping on it. Amazon Prime just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I just switched that to Release-Date Delivery!

Thanks for the tip!

I was confused for a second. The title makes it seem like you HAVE to be a prime member to get Release Date delivery. Just checked for myself and like past release date delivery games, non-prime members can still get it for $5.98. With the $5 off coupon it comes to $60.97 (no sales tax) which is still cheaper than B&M stores after tax unless someone will have it on sale.

[quote name='V878']I was confused for a second. The title makes it seem like you HAVE to be a prime member to get Release Date delivery. Just checked for myself and like past release date delivery games, non-prime members can still get it for $5.98. With the $5 off coupon it comes to $60.97 (no sales tax) which is still cheaper than B&M stores after tax unless someone will have it on sale.[/quote]Good point, I tweaked the title just a bit. Hope it clears that up.

Thanks for the heads up on the Release Date Delivery. Just upgraded my shipping method from 2-Day to Release Date Delivery.

$49.14 + Free Release Date Delivery = Awesome (God I love PRIME)

[quote name='NJMane']Thanks for the heads up on the Release Date Delivery. Just upgraded my shipping method from 2-Day to Release Date Delivery.

$49.14 + Free Release Date Delivery = Awesome (God I love PRIME)[/quote]
How did you get it for $49.14?
And I love Prime. I switched it to release date delivery (awesome!) but I don't think I'll shell out $80 a year for it. I'm enjoying the free trial though.

[quote name='thaima1shu']If I already had this pre-ordered, do I have to cancel it in order to get the release date delivery option?[/QUOTE]

No you can go into your account and open orders and change it from there

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']How did you get it for $49.14?
And I love Prime. I switched it to release date delivery (awesome!) but I don't think I'll shell out $80 a year for it. I'm enjoying the free trial though.[/quote]

Back when it was $54.99 I used the method I described on page 12 (I think its page 12) and got it in my "Quick Picks" which gave me an additional 5% off. Then I added the coupon code. Thus making it $49.14. The best price you can get right now I believe is $51.99 if you can get it in your "Quick Picks" and apply the coupon.

I signed up for Amazon Prime back when they offered the discount rate at the end of last year for $55 if I remember correctly.

[quote name='thaima1shu']I went in there to try and change the shipping speed, but it doesn't give me release date delivery as an option.[/QUOTE]

I think it may depend on your location. Some locations don't have release date shipping available. It happened to me once too.

Well, I had to end up calling Amazon to get it all adjusted. They said I couldn't get the release date delivery without cancelling, and I wasn't too excited about that since I had it pre-ordered at the $51.99 price point. But they did let me re-order it and then adjusted it back to the original price I had ordered it for, and now with release date delivery! Sweet .. I love Amazon and Amazon Prime. Amazing.

[quote name='thaima1shu']Well, I had to end up calling Amazon to get it all adjusted. They said I couldn't get the release date delivery without cancelling, and I wasn't too excited about that since I had it pre-ordered at the $51.99 price point. But they did let me re-order it and then adjusted it back to the original price I had ordered it for, and now with release date delivery! Sweet .. I love Amazon and Amazon Prime. Amazing.[/quote]
nvm i got it

This is just gay. My pre-order for 51.99 is gone from my account and the order number is non-existent. I hope they can fix this.

[quote name='NJMane']Back when it was $54.99 I used the method I described on page 12 (I think its page 12) and got it in my "Quick Picks" which gave me an additional 5% off. Then I added the coupon code. Thus making it $49.14. The best price you can get right now I believe is $51.99 if you can get it in your "Quick Picks" and apply the coupon.

I signed up for Amazon Prime back when they offered the discount rate at the end of last year for $55 if I remember correctly.[/quote]

Can you explain to me where do I find "Quick Picks"? All I see is recommended items when I log into Amazon.

[quote name='Rodster']Can you explain to me where do I find "Quick Picks"? All I see is recommended items when I log into Amazon.[/quote]

Click on "Today's Deals" at the top of the main page. At the bottom of that page are your "Quick Picks".

Thanks, got it in my Gold Box, used the coupon and a $10 GC for a total of $41.99 shipped. Picked FSSS, but I don't need this on release day with school in the way.

[quote name='NJMane']Click on "Today's Deals" at the top of the main page. At the bottom of that page are your "Quick Picks".[/quote]

Thanks NJ. Is there a trick to getting Resistance 2, to show up in my recommended list? :bouncy:

Anyone know if you can share the free trial of prime? I used mine up a couple years back but I'm pretty sure my dad's account has never used it. Was wondering if I could sign up with it there and then share it with my account since I already have an ordered placed at the $51.99 price.

Well, I appreciate the effort and especially your help, NJMane. However, it didn't work for me. I did as the instructions guided on page 12 of this thread and now my quick pick item is Iron Man on Blu Ray. Now, granted I've only ever ordered one PS3 game (Battlefield Bad Company) through Amazon and that was the only item I left to be considered for the Recommendations. Oh, well. If anyone else has any cool tips on how they got this to work, I'd appreciate it.

I actually have had multiple negative experiences with Amazon from screwed up shipping dates to cancelled orders to preordered items not shipping. I guess this is just par for the course for my experience with them.

[quote name='Enderwizard']Well, I appreciate the effort and especially your help, NJMane. However, it didn't work for me. I did as the instructions guided on page 12 of this thread and now my quick pick item is Iron Man on Blu Ray. Now, granted I've only ever ordered one PS3 game (Battlefield Bad Company) through Amazon and that was the only item I left to be considered for the Recommendations. Oh, well. If anyone else has any cool tips on how they got this to work, I'd appreciate it.[/quote]It might not show up for a few days. Took me 3 days for it to be a Quick Pick.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It might not show up for a few days. Took me 3 days for it to be a Quick Pick.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep checking and, if positive, will post results. Thanks, man!

Demo got me to jump in on this. I absolutely love the feel of this game. Truly the first time in a very long time . . . I'm excited for an FPS.

damn it took a week, but i finally managed to get killzone 2 into my recommendation picks for an extra 5% off. I used little big planet as the only "check" since I did not own Resistance 2. Good luck for anybody who chooses to do the same. GL cags!

I think I'm going to have to give Amazon a call to change my shipping; I preordered a couple other games at the same time, and right now the order is all being lumped together, even though it's marked "ship as their available," so I'm not getting the option to switch my KZ2 time.

bread's done
Back