Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

I know what you mean about airbots. I was in Radec on the ISA side at the back of the corridor that leads from the spawn area onto the square and I got killed by an airbot in a couple of shots. It was a ridiculous angle. Still, at least it makes it easier for me to get the airbot badge now.

Beat SP 2 days ago and got into online last night. First game I went like 4 and 12 and had about no fun at all with it. 2nd game I went like 25 and 12 and lead the game with points. Its a lot of fun. I'm considering selling my 360 and wii and just playing this and resistance 2 this summer. I don't game enough as it is, and I have a feeling this game will be taking up more gaming time than I even have at this point.

About removing the SP invul, I think they should have cut it shorter, instead of removing it since I've seen what should be out of the way SP turn into camp heaven. Might just take some time to filter around really.

Airbots, hmmm, I don't know yet.

Did anyone get the new maps? I won a code from Sony and I'm really enjoying both actually. Especially beachhead.

I got them yesterday. I've had a couple of matches on Beach Head and thought it was awesome. Likewise, feel free to add me for matches on the new map.

YES! I beat the game on Elite this morning. I'm currently working on the 0 deaths trophy. About that.. Does anyone know if I have to play the entire game again or can I just go to mission select and skip the levels where I have 0 deaths?

I just got this game and have only played about 30 mins of it, and it is damn fun. However, the lack of a push-to-talk in multiplayer drives me nuts. My BT headset is also nearly impossible to quickly mute, so I guess I need to buy a new one. :(

I finished the campaign on Sunday and I really liked it. Why can't other FPS give us this many locations. It seems like this and R2 are the only games that the developers tried to give more than one or two types of levels.

Now, back to the multiplayer. I don't think I'll get General anytime soon but I'm chilling at Master Sergeant so I'm on my way.

[quote name='Tu13es']I just got this game and have only played about 30 mins of it, and it is damn fun. However, the lack of a push-to-talk in multiplayer drives me nuts. My BT headset is also nearly impossible to quickly mute, so I guess I need to buy a new one. :([/QUOTE]

Man, I SO WISH KZ2 had push-to-talk. That's what SOCOM uses and I freaking love it.

I just got my PS3 back from my cousin after a month of loaning it to him (and netting me $110 for nothing), and I just updated the game to 1.27 and bought the DLC and I must say these things.

The DLC is great. I love both maps. I'm glad to see they weren't just remade, but had brilliant additions to them to make them fit with the new game. Beach Head is my favorite of the two, although I kick more ass on Southern Hills.

And the removal of the Spawn Invincibility was a smart move until I saw 6 guys camping at 1 spot on Beach Head. I think they should have kept the same amount of time (maybe a tiny bit less), but make it so where if you fire a shot, you lose that invincibility.

The high precision mode made no difference to my game play, so I'll consider it a plus that I don't have to relearn the controls.

Anybody wants to get down on some DLC maps, add me. JosephWhiteIII

Are KZ2 matches usually pretty quiet with voice chat? I feel like this game has way less people talking than the shooters I play on the 360. Maybe I should find some CAGers to play with?

I only have the 1st map pack but may pick up the 2nd. Add me if you want. CAG games usually have a lot more people talking.

Killzone online is fun, but it is the cheapest game I have ever played. Invisible snipers and bots everywhere. Why have bots in a shooting game lol. Rockets at Radec is some some stupid shiit. I have all the maps and I must say they are all really good. I thought I liked beach head the best but I like the steel and titianium maps better.

I have both map packs and can never find people to play. The most I've ever played is 4v4 on Vekta Cruiser.

if anyone wants to boost with me (10 or 15 minute body count matches, we take turns, you kill me a full round, then i kill you a full round, etc.) to get the valor grand cross trophy, add me saying you're from CAG, my PSNID is IRHari

I'll add you IRHari. I will also add:

JosephWhiteIII
Kamiza989
Rolento
Invin26

I'm not a huge fan of Wasteland Bullet, but Vekta Cruiser is awesome. Beach Head is crazy too, but I have yet to play Southern Hills.

I am a little LTTP on this, just hit level 4 in the single player.

I changed the controls to alt 2 to make it like COD4, and it feels decent. Its hard to aim but obviously this is because aim assist is basically non-existent. The graphics are absolutely amazing and this has the most violent sniper kills ive ever seen in a game, ripping peoples heads clean off of their bodys. Pretty amazing. The sound is also really great.

The framerate and controls are my major beefs with it right now, although im getting more and more used to the game as i am going through it. Its my first actual play through and im impressed mostly by the graphics, they're pretty incredible.

I just started playing the MP on KZ2 this week. Still quite good, though any game titles "no rockets" immediately draws my attention to it. fuckin' rocket launchin' motherfuckers.

How is MP on this now? I haven't played in ages. I got tired/bored of it after I stopped unlocking stuff. Are people still playing now that MW2 is out?

[quote name='smiggity']I think the MP on this is seriously underrated. Its sad CAG doesn't have a good clan up in the tournaments and whatnot.[/QUOTE]
Says the guy who bailed on the hardcore clan! :lol:

All kidding aside, this game has an exceptional clan system. I think it just got a little overwhelming for one person to seek out other clans and schedule matches that fit with everyone's schedule. The game was incredible when we were filling out private games at release.

It'd be nice to get ~10 CAGs to play regularly. IMO, 4 player games are a little boring and can get lop-sided real easily.

[quote name='Darknyss']Says the guy who bailed on the hardcore clan! :lol:

All kidding aside, this game has an exceptional clan system. I think it just got a little overwhelming for one person to seek out other clans and schedule matches that fit with everyone's schedule. The game was incredible when we were filling out private games at release.

It'd be nice to get ~10 CAGs to play regularly. IMO, 4 player games are a little boring and can get lop-sided real easily.[/QUOTE]

I know man, thats why I feel bad. :cry: But Socom is the shiz when it comes to competitive shooters, and I really only have time to dedicate myself to one. I totally expected someone to step up and adequately fill my shoes but I guess it did not happen. Its a shame for sure :cry:

I am not joking when i say this is my most hated Ps3 game of all time at this point. Im playing the game on stinkin easy and ive died over a hundred times. The last level when the guy disappears and the enemies come? WTF is this garbage? I beat MW2 on VETERAN and it was easier then this. IM PLAYING ON EASY. IT SHOULDNT BE A NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY WITH FRAGS AND ROCKET LAUNCHERS KILLING ME LEFT/RIGHT.

Honestly, this game is drop dead gorgeous, but it is one of the most IDIOTIC designed games ive ever played in my life. The main guns you use absolutely SUCK, theres no HUD to tell you where the shots came from, and even on easy its ridiculously difficult. The game never gives you any hints as to how to accomplish anything, just go out there and figure it out by dyeing a ton of times.

In short, EFF this game. I got so tired of BS deaths that i just quit and i dont even know if ill bother to finish it. This game has so much potential, but its just designed by an idiot who has no clue what the hell they are doing.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I am not joking when i say this is my most hated Ps3 game of all time at this point. Im playing the game on stinkin easy and ive died over a hundred times. The last level when the guy disappears and the enemies come? WTF is this garbage? I beat MW2 on VETERAN and it was easier then this. IM PLAYING ON EASY. IT SHOULDNT BE A NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY WITH FRAGS AND ROCKET LAUNCHERS KILLING ME LEFT/RIGHT.

Honestly, this game is drop dead gorgeous, but it is one of the most IDIOTIC designed games ive ever played in my life. The main guns you use absolutely SUCK, theres no HUD to tell you where the shots came from, and even on easy its ridiculously difficult. The game never gives you any hints as to how to accomplish anything, just go out there and figure it out by dyeing a ton of times.

In short, EFF this game. I got so tired of BS deaths that i just quit and i dont even know if ill bother to finish it. This game has so much potential, but its just designed by an idiot who has no clue what the hell they are doing.[/QUOTE]

Bitch much?

I had the same issues with the final boss as you, which led me to completely lose a ton of interest in the game immediately. However, everything up to that point was pretty great. The end was a poorly designed cockfuck, I'll give you that.

To refute: One, there *is* a HUD that shows where the shots came from. I'm not sure how you missed that. Like, in the dead center of he screen when/after you get shot. Two, outside of the final battle, the game hand-holds you through it. Press up on the d-pad and it brings up an HUD marker that shows you exactly where to go. Like, exactly, as in 'takes you to a new marker every 5-10 feet on the path'. Three, in terms of difficulty... well, I can't help you with that one. I didn't really find the game challenging until the end boss (due to lack of direction), so I'm not sure where that's coming from. You, uh, were using the cover system, right? ;)

So, yeah, normally I don't respond to stuff like this, but I had to at least refute two blatantly untrue things you 'hated' about the game.

I thought this game was much easier than any of the CoD games on Hardened let alone Veteran.

MW2, defending some fucking computer thing in a house with a million doors and windows...ugh.

Um sniper rifle. The end guy is not that big of a bitch, take his helpers out, but dont forget to keep hitting him.. if I remember correctly its when you get him down that you need to watch out.

The clan thing needs to happen I am back on again and in the other thread there a few people that are playing as well.

[quote name='Snake2715']Um sniper rifle. The end guy is not that big of a bitch, take his helpers out, but dont forget to keep hitting him.. if I remember correctly its when you get him down that you need to watch out.[/QUOTE]

My issue was that (spoiler, possibly)
I *was* plugging him with the sniper rifle. In fact, I plugged him 25 times during one wave. The issue I had was that after doing so I realized it was doing nothing. Even on the off chance that it makes him easier to kill at the end, it isn't worth the trade-off of trying to plug him while the others are shooting at you.

To me, the flaw was that there really wasn't any kind of explanation of that 'kill all the guys, and THEN you get to fight Radec thing'. Once you understand that you should just ignore him and kill the regular guys, it's passable (but still not greatly designed), but the game *needed* to be clear about it. My first reaction to the fight was that I needed to peg him with the sniper rifle *while avoiding* the regular guys. I saw it as a nice way of making a one/one fight a little tougher. I was wrong and wasted about 30 minutes trying to kill him.

So, yeah, it was a huge let-down after what I thought was a tightly designed game. It was a bad design choice, period. If they wanted to set it up that way, at least have Radec run into another room for a bit or something... don't fool the player into focusing on him when that's the COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY SHOULD BE DOING.

... sorry, I was a bit more irked about that then I thought. It's a shame, too, because I really loved the game (right until that part). I spent probably 40 minutes on what should have been a 10 minute section of game, at best, and to top it off... once he finally came after me, I just used the knife because he kept running directly at me. So, not only was the pre-fight poorly designed, the fight itself was broken. I was... unfulfilled.

This is a fine example of why I actually despise 'boss fights' in FPSs.

Gotcha.. the last part of that fight was tougher for me... I didnt run into your issue. Its been over a year since I played it so my memory is vague but I do remember the battle.

from what I remember I would hit him once and he would go invisible, and the guys would spawn. I would kill them and get another shot at Radec before he went invisible. It made sense to me.. I didn't use the knife on him, he was tearing me up when he got close. I think I used the revolver and boosted away from him.

Note to bitchers:

You can NOT kill the last guy until after he disappears from the knifing sequence. He will jump up into the balcony. Then you kill him. ;)

I beat it on next to hardest difficulty. Couple of spots were a minor pain, but definitely easier than CoD which I beat on Veteran.

As i said, i beat MW2 on veteran before playing this game. I did it in a single sitting and it was a walk in the park compared to this game. And i know about pressing up, im mostly speaking about where all the enemies are, you just have to look around and hopefully not die while you look. And yes im using cover.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I am not joking when i say this is my most hated Ps3 game of all time at this point. Im playing the game on stinkin easy and ive died over a hundred times. The last level when the guy disappears and the enemies come? WTF is this garbage? I beat MW2 on VETERAN and it was easier then this. IM PLAYING ON EASY. IT SHOULDNT BE A NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY WITH FRAGS AND ROCKET LAUNCHERS KILLING ME LEFT/RIGHT.

In short, EFF this game. I got so tired of BS deaths that i just quit and i dont even know if ill bother to finish it. This game has so much potential, but its just designed by an idiot who has no clue what the hell they are doing.[/QUOTE]

I played on Normal and I got my ass kicked the entire game. The final boss is the biggest piece of shit that I can remember. It's completely awful and lowered my opinion of the game. I wanted to kill somebody after playing it. Other than that, the game was great, but that final boss (and even that last stretch of enemies as you advance in the city) was way too frustrating.

Personally I don't see how people think this game is so hard. I found it extremely easy, except the final boss fight. Then it comes down to knowing what weapons to use and when, and learning the tactics of the enemies. *shrugs* It's definitely my favorite FPS right now, although I haven't played it in awhile. To each their own of course.

I just finished it, finally. If i had the last level finished without dying, id also have the trophy for that but thats just not possible for me atm. Now that ive finished it, ive got this strange desire to play it again. I am going to shelf it for now then come back to it and finish it on Elite perhaps, then maybe even try for the platinum. We'll see. It was pretty rewarding finally finishing it. I must have died ~100 times or so on the last level on easy, its pathetic.

Anyhow, this game is not for everyone. Thats for sure. If someone is a gamer, i would recommend it to them. If they are new to gaming or dont know FPS that well, i would never suggest this game to them.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I just finished it, finally. If i had the last level finished without dying, id also have the trophy for that but thats just not possible for me atm. Now that ive finished it, ive got this strange desire to play it again. I am going to shelf it for now then come back to it and finish it on Elite perhaps, then maybe even try for the platinum. We'll see. It was pretty rewarding finally finishing it. I must have died ~100 times or so on the last level on easy, its pathetic.

Anyhow, this game is not for everyone. Thats for sure. If someone is a gamer, i would recommend it to them. If they are new to gaming or dont know FPS that well, i would never suggest this game to them.[/QUOTE]

So I'm assuming this game is difficult? :cry:
Thinking of picking this game up relatively soon.

The first playthrough was pretty tough. The next (other than several parts on Elite) were much better. I don't see how people are dying on easy though. You have to be pretty reckless or be horrible at using the cover system. I finished the final level on easy in less than 15 mins with no deaths and without any problems. I do have to admit that this game isn't for casual gamers though.

[quote name='Invin']The first playthrough was pretty tough. The next (other than several parts on Elite) were much better. I don't see how people are dying on easy though. You have to be pretty reckless or be horrible at using the cover system. I finished the final level on easy in less than 15 mins with no deaths and without any problems. I do have to admit that this game isn't for casual gamers though.[/QUOTE]

Tryed the demo, seemed pretty solid. Controls were clunky for
some reason to me.

How's the multiplayer community? noob friendly?

I'm getting back into MP, but I'm terrible and have few of the unlocks.

I'm looking for someone to help me boost some of the mission/turret ribbons so that I can have access to the weapons everyone else seems to be kicking my ass with (like the revolver).

PM me if you want some help, or send me a PSN message.

bread's done
Back