Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='NamPaehc']Collecting Intel = perks on Killzone.com

Fairly interesting. Wonder what other goodies they have planned in line with this.[/QUOTE]

I really like this idea, It would be cool to have a binder filled with Killzone2 art, concept drawings, in game screenshots, Ect. printed on some nice photo paper. It would be like having a physical achievement or trophy.

2vcdxsl.gif

I. Can't. Wait.

I NEED AN EARLY RELEASE!

Played the demo again today and this time I played around with the sensitivity settings and I think I've found my sweet spot. Still not going to get this game on release day. I'll pick it up used with a coupon at gamestop for 40 bucks a couple weeks later.

[quote name='doubledown']I just pre-ordered today....but GameStop did not give me a demo code....oh well. I took advantage of the 25% bonus for 360 games.[/quote]

Try making an European account.

[quote name='sotc1988']Played the demo again today and this time I played around with the sensitivity settings and I think I've found my sweet spot. Still not going to get this game on release day. I'll pick it up used with a coupon at gamestop for 40 bucks a couple weeks later.[/quote]

Good luck with that. SCE/SOE titles take months (like 6 or more) to come down in price. You might get lucky with a random sale but your best bet if you want to enjoy a well populated online experience is to get in on one of the pre-order deals IMHO.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I imagine he's talking about getting it used for cheap.

LBP and R2 went on sale for $40 a few times last fall.[/quote]

What he is talking about is using one of those coupons on used games, which happen fairly often.

[quote name='help1']What he is talking about is using one of those coupons on used games, which happen fairly often.[/quote]
Bingo. Picked up a copy of R2 a week after it came out with a 30% off coupon so it was about 40 bucks. Perfect condition too. Probably a stolen copy.

Hey guys, long time visitor of this site, first time posting. This site has always been a great resource so I thought I would give back to the community. I have an extra Gamestop demo code here it is....

4ND3-HEB4-FFF8

ENJOY!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So... are you able to find this game for 50 bucks still?[/quote]

Is that directed at someone?

Or do you mean the Amazon deal? Up to $54.99 (shipped) there now it seems.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']UGH! Not long now :cry:...i hate waiting!

Dont know if this has been discussed but is their going to be a CAG clan?[/quote]

Yes

Lookie what amazon.com just sent me!

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of 'Killzone 2.'

We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you for no additional charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of Killzone 2 will arrive on Friday, February 27th.

We realize that many of our customers are huge Killzone 2 fans, and we're happy to offer Release-Date Delivery to get this title to you even faster.

HELL YEAH! Great news for me, and I bet for many others that used prime and also got in on the $5 off KZ2. $51.xx release date delivery? WOOT

[quote name='aznguyen316']Lookie what amazon.com just sent me!

HELL YEAH! Great news for me, and I bet for many others that used prime and also got in on the $5 off KZ2. $51.xx release date delivery? WOOT[/quote]
got that too. 51.99 + you get it Release day cant get better than that.

Sweetness to the release date thing. Even cooler is that they changed my shipping type to that automatically. I didn't even have to go and adjust my order. :)

[quote name='aznguyen316']Lookie what amazon.com just sent me!

HELL YEAH! Great news for me, and I bet for many others that used prime and also got in on the $5 off KZ2. $51.xx release date delivery? WOOT[/QUOTE]

I got that email also. Props to amazon.

Even though my shit is not reading disks(yet), I will be buying this on day one and looking forward to playing with and against you guys. BTW what is the best deal for the game at the moment? Amazon I assume?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should know this, I'm not normally into FPSes and typically don't buy them. I have made an exception for KZ2 however. With the phenomenal graphics and production values it's extremely hard to say no. I'm more of a single player game person so I'm getting it for the campaign. Even with the minor faults the demo has, the visuals are some of the best I've ever seen in a game period. You know they nailed it when even devout Xbox followers are admitting Sony got this game right. I'm not into the whole fanboy thing so I'll leave it at what I have played impressed me a great deal. Normally I struggle through FPSes, especially on normal or hard difficulties but in this demo it was plenty fair with me and I was able to get through it. I'll admit I was basing my final decision to buy it or cancel my pre-order on how much trouble I'd have getting through the demo. I'll also admit I will be playing on the easiest difficulty. I usually do play games on easy if I can and I'm not ashamed of that. So with that in mind, the campaign should be manageable for me. This plus Star Ocean 4 that weekend is going to get both of my systems a lot of play time.

i just ordered my copy on fri with gamestop they said they would email the code in 48 hrs and it is almost 48 hrs now is it normal for them to wait till the last min or am i out of luck pls give me your opinion

[quote name='lilredvampy']i just ordered my copy on fri with gamestop they said they would email the code in 48 hrs and it is almost 48 hrs now is it normal for them to wait till the last min or am i out of luck pls give me your opinion[/quote]Don't buy from Gamestop next time. ;) Best advice I can give you is to call them.

[quote name='lilredvampy']i just ordered my copy on fri with gamestop they said they would email the code in 48 hrs and it is almost 48 hrs now is it normal for them to wait till the last min or am i out of luck pls give me your opinion[/quote]

Just download it from the UK PSN.

[quote name='zewone']No. Anything involving Home is not fun.[/QUOTE]

Home hater.

Fact: Home is the greatest thing since air was invented.

lol erm think air is more important but yes i like home too
and to update i did get my email the last min kinda thing so
i am dling now cant wait......not much of a fps person and this is already
my second fps i have ever bought the first was r2

[quote name='VipFREAK']Isn't Home just a Sony comercialized version of Second Life...[/QUOTE]

It's a little slice of heaven. We should all be thankful it exists.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I think it's as useful as M$'s new Layout. Worthless[/quote]

I don't know why you are hating the XBL setup. I think its spiffy.

bread's done
Back