Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yeah, what's up with stats? I joined my first online game, kicked ass, took names, you know, the usual, and it didn't save my stats. The game finished it gave me my thirty points and I ranked up to corp. So I see that the game is counting down to the next round and I don't want to play anymore so I quit and checked my stats and they weren't there. Anybody explain this?

I just got Untouchable. fuck the final fight. It needs to burn, because it took me over 2 hours to perfect that thing.

[quote name='Thomas96']I just made it to captain... FOr the single player campaign what level are you guys playing on?[/quote]
I ran through the first time on Trooper, but I'll go through again on Elite (I think that's the highest) for that one trophy and use Easy to mop up the other single player trophies I didn't pick up the first time through.

Yeah, I went through it on Trooper, replayed some sections on Recruit for Untouchable, and might do so again for the Symbols/Intel. I probably won't try Elite, or if I do, I'll do it sparingly.

Oh yeah Ill be seeing you fellow cag hardcore clan guys on saturday night for some mega pwnage!!!

The ps3 controller is exactly the same as the ps1 and ps2 controllers (except the sixaxis and pressure sensitive l2 + r2) ive been using that controller for 14 years and have no problem with cramp etc and i use my 360 controller just as much as my ps3 one now...the kz2 default controls are crap, however being forced to map them to what suits you is an awesome idea!!!

[quote name='KingBroly']I just got Untouchable. fuck the final fight. It needs to burn, because it took me over 2 hours to perfect that thing.[/quote]

Man, I started the Campaign on Veteran, I breeze through it fairly easy until the damn last part. Was a pain in the ass, almost unbearable but I managed to finished it. Imagine me trying to beat it on Elite *cries*. Some reason I found Elite to be pretty easy as well when I play some of the levels but I know, when I get to the last part, I'll probably be pulling my hair out. I got so frustrated because at certain times I'd just tell myself "If only this game can use a keyboard and mouse!"

For the Intel, I only need 4 more so not bad for first run. For The Symbols, I dunno, I missed about half of them and that means it'll get annoying searching around.

Multiplayer seem fine for me, no lags and such and the usual annoying kids. I haven't played it much, it's pretty decent but I don't feel satisfied from it though.

[quote name='sotc1988']Yeah, what's up with stats? I joined my first online game, kicked ass, took names, you know, the usual, and it didn't save my stats. The game finished it gave me my thirty points and I ranked up to corp. So I see that the game is counting down to the next round and I don't want to play anymore so I quit and checked my stats and they weren't there. Anybody explain this?[/quote]
i find that stats are usually a game behind. i thought i missed out on points, but my stats always end up showing up later

Thanks for the stats answer. I'm having a bit of trouble with the game right now because sometimes I'll be in cover and it seems a bit glitchy. Like if I'm reloading sometimes I can't more around in cover from one side to the other or I'll be in cover and an enemy will be on the other side and I'll still be taking damage from him. I've cursed quite a few times but I am still liking the game and have gotten used to the controls. It's very psychological because the "heavy" controls make the weapons seem really slow moving and in turn it makes my thumb feel "tired" after an hour or so. It's odd.

I just finished the SP campaign. I was only playing on the second difficulty (trooper I think?) but holy shit was I close to quitting at the end. That has to be one of the hardest ending levels to a game that I've played in years. The part with
the rocket launcher guys in the huge palace room almost made me cry.

Overall I would rate the campaign a solid 8/10. The campaign was very chaotic and fast paced, felt a lot like CoD. I HATED the dialogue, was my biggest problem with the campaign. The story and voice acting were just ok to me, neither great nor terrible.

So far the multiplayer gets a very good 9/10 from me. I'm not a big console MP guy (usually leave MP to my PC) but I really like this game's MP overall.

I don't get why people hate the dialogue so much. They're soldiers for crying out loud. Do you want them to be all upper class snobs?

Eugene: "Oh Reginald, I do say, that ruffian is shooting for the middle of our craniums. What shall we do?"
Reginald: "Eugene, old chap, I believe we shall fire back at them with the best of them!"
Eugene: "Good show old bean!"

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't get why people hate the dialogue so much. They're soldiers for crying out loud. Do you want them to be all upper class snobs?

Eugene: "Oh Reginald, I do say, that ruffian is shooting for the middle of our craniums. What shall we do?"
Reginald: "Eugene, old chap, I believe we shall fire back at them with the best of them!"
Eugene: "Good show old bean!"[/quote]

Damn, now I do want them to talk like that. That would great. Yea I agree with you, it's part of the realism, it's a T rated game so it shouldn't matter.

[quote name='Thongsy']Damn, now I do want them to talk like that. That would great. Yea I agree with you, it's part of the realism, it's a T rated game so it shouldn't matter.[/quote]

They talk like that if you set the language to the UK version ;)

The dialogue in this game is actually quite indefensible. Every single thing that comes spewing out of Rico's mouth in this game is utter trash.

Rico: "Hey ______ does yo momma pack you a lunch in the mornings?"

Anyone else: "STFU Rico"

Rico: "She hands me mine when I leave in the morning LOL."

This is an example of an average conversation in this game.

Are other people still waiting to get their amazon pre-orders, apparently it shipped a few days ago, (about a week after release) and it still isn't here... Are they going slowly to try and get people to sign up for prime?

[quote name='Paco']They talk like that if you set the language to the UK version ;)[/quote]

The Helghast already speak like that, without changing anything :p

Wait...why am i taking the piss out of myself lol!

[quote name='cgarb84']The dialogue in this game is actually quite indefensible. Every single thing that comes spewing out of Rico's mouth in this game is utter trash.

Rico: "Hey ______ does yo momma pack you a lunch in the mornings?"

Anyone else: "STFU Rico"

Rico: "She hands me mine when I leave in the morning LOL."

This is an example of an average conversation in this game.[/quote]

That's a pretty fair representation of actual soldiers, or generally males in any sort of competitive team situation.

[quote name='John Hyperion']That's a pretty fair representation of actual soldiers, or generally males in any sort of competitive team situation.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more. Maybe soldiers soldiers give each other shit like that sometimes when they have some downtime but not in the middle of warzones, not the way its done Killzone.

KZ2 patch up in EU. Not US yet.

I hear it definitely feels different. :/
Hope I get used to it.

* Stability issue regarding randomly named games resolved.
* Stability fix when rapidly tapping (X) can cause crash on spawn-select.
* Stability issue regarding Saboteur’s disguise ability resolved.
* Stability fix on ‘Creating game’ with a blank name.
* Stability fix for repeatedly entering exiting game.
* The Ignore list functionality corrected.
* Unlock of “Frontrunner” Medal now functioning correctly.
* Fix for incorrect award of win to clan not showing for game resolved.
* Battle Replay for Corinth Crossing not appearing correctly on www.killzone.com.
* Issue with not being able to defuse the Search and Destroy objective resolved.
* HUD issue correction during Assassination mode when playing as a Medic.
* Controller input tweaks and modifications.
* Fix for auto-lock on of shotgun exploit.
* Fix for D-Charge issues in Campaign mode

[quote name='help1']Control input tweaks...

Interesting.[/quote]
I'm calling it right now... placebo.

They already said they weren't changing the control "problems"... so I'm willing to bet they are saying they changed something, and being vague... and waiting to see how many people fall for it, to calm the complaining.

The only thing I'd like changed is the slight input lag. I beat the game today, and it was awesome, but I never did feel like I was fully in control, because of that slight input lag.

Nah, people do say it's slightly changed. Nothing drastic, but the feel is slightly different for MP.
And they wouldn't just lie, would they?

I don't mind the way the game plays, but please bring back button mapping.. L3 for run just does not work for me as I find myself running instead of shooting like I intend to sometimes.

I'm really, really liking the multiplayer. The learning curve was very steep but I've finally got the hang of it and can't put it down. I finally realized that if you are in a squad you can spawn on the squad leader and that takes a lot of the trucking across the map out of the game. Also I really like playing as a medic, it reminds me of Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

[quote name='QiG']I don't mind the way the game plays, but please bring back button mapping.. L3 for run just does not work for me as I find myself running instead of shooting like I intend to sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem but with both the left and the right sticks. I think it's just too easy to accidentally activate L3 and R3 on the Dual Shock 3 and I'd like to be able to un-map both buttons.

How do you heal people while using the Medic? I cannot figure it out. Reviving people is simple. Healing...not so much.

Did they get rid of the shotgun? I'm playing on ENG repairing stuff but now I have no main weapon, and it's gone from the soldier class also.

^^^I know some games the person who created the game can disable certain weapons and such. Kinda like pistol only matches- the only gun you have/can choose is the pistol.

About the controller tweak:

It has been changed, but not much. If you were on the fence about this game and were hoping that this would change your mind about the game, you are mistaken. What I will say is that if you do find the controls difficult, try sitting down with the game for an hour or two, and really the controls will feel good to you.

Additionally, I can now kill people using the scopes, which was impossible before the controls update patch.

I joined a random server and ended up playing a few games with Inf_Shini until I got disconnected.

I'm really starting to think its the bluetooth headset. I get the same network error whenever I use it.

Also, I don't notice the controller tweaks pre/post patch.

[quote name='Coper3000']^^^I know some games the person who created the game can disable certain weapons and such. Kinda like pistol only matches- the only gun you have/can choose is the pistol.[/quote]

Oh, that makes sense, though it kills the ENG class since they only have one main weapon and you could easily be killed before finding another weapon to pick up. I wish this game was kinda like MGO where the creator of the game can list what kind of things they have disable in the game or if it's a certain rank only. I can't count how many times I click a game to be told I'm too high or too low. Would help also if certain weapons are disabled.

Also within the last 24 hours the game has been crashing and freezing on me a lot. And random disconnects. Prior to this I had no problems at all. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I don't know if they updated the game at all, but I am really dang good with the controls now. I'm having no problems anymore. Guess I just got really used to it.

And I'm amazed how great this game is, I'm away for one day and all I want to do is play KZ2!!

I'm having a hard time with the aerial bot still, will be last one I bet. The anti-air rockets from the ground bots are brutal.

And the boost run one should be easy now if they fixed it. Just got to use it 80 times... lol.

I don't really think anybody can ever get five kills in a match with the aerial bots without just doing it against a friend willing to die for you. That thing has such horrible accuracy, any kills it gets is pure luck. It also gets taken down within ten seconds of going up by the turrets and other people just shooting at it.

[quote name='help1']About the controller tweak:

It has been changed, but not much. If you were on the fence about this game and were hoping that this would change your mind about the game, you are mistaken. What I will say is that if you do find the controls difficult, try sitting down with the game for an hour or two, and really the controls will feel good to you.

Additionally, I can now kill people using the scopes, which was impossible before the controls update patch.[/quote]

I disagree; I find the controls to be a BIG difference. I had completely written off this game as unplayable tripe, but with the new tweaks it's now not only playable, but fun.

Sure, it doesn't feel as buttery smooth as COD or Resistance or Unreal, but now it actually feels like a game with a slightly different (but not bad) style as opposed to one that is just completely broken.

[quote name='thedarklordxenu']I disagree; I find the controls to be a BIG difference. I had completely written off this game as unplayable tripe, but with the new tweaks it's now not only playable, but fun.

Sure, it doesn't feel as buttery smooth as COD or Resistance or Unreal, but now it actually feels like a game with a slightly different (but not bad) style as opposed to one that is just completely broken.[/quote]
I tried the game tonight after work, since the patch came out. Having just played it for hours before work, I can safely say that they did little to nothing to the controls. In single player it seemed like the iron sights came up faster. In multiplayer you can also now turn faster (from what I noticed).

Other than that, there weren't any changes that I could tell.
I'm not saying there are control issues... but if you had them before, they are still there, unless you wanted to turn faster while sprinting (which is nice).

Even if there were more changes than that, they certainly weren't drastic enough to say it went from completely broken to great. That's just silly, and proves that most of the control problems are in people's heads, and because of the crap they read online (which has completely overblown the small control issues there are).

The input lag is still there... which is the main problem, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a few games, they didn't really tweak the controls. It feels more like auto-aim, or some form of aim assist, that's all. They may have fixed SOME (very little) lag input, but c'mon, it doesn't take that much to learn that all they did was turn on aim assist.

bread's done
Back