Killzone 2 selling now at Target B&M YMMV

erac3rx

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you want to get Killzone 2 a few days early, stop by your nearby Target. Mine is definitely selling it (I bought one) and is down to their last 2 copies already. I'd recommend going and just trying to buy it rather than calling, since whoever gets the game out is less likely to notice its selling too early if they don't look it up on the computer first. Good luck, hope this help someone!

-erac3rx

yeah i just had this experience, however when i went to check out, they said they couldnt sell it since it "wasnt in the computer" or "ringing up" yet... did you get a manager override or something? any help would be appreciated! :)

Hmm. I'd love to play it early, but Friday is my birthday, so I think I'll wait. Receiving is always better than spending!

At least I know where not to go now, since they'll probably be sold out. Thanks!

Interesting... I paid for it at the electronics counter, and the guy didn't say anything about an override. He did seem like an actual gamer though, so I wonder if he was the manager and was just trying to be nice and did an override to put it through? Whatever is happening though they have got to be routinely selling them, because the whole line of them in the case was empty except for 3, until I bought one. Seems like they would have put out more than 3

So basically they probably wont give it to you unless their decent people right?? Probably not worth the trip.

[quote name='jdlmm80']So basically they probably wont give it to you unless their decent people right?? Probably not worth the trip.[/quote]

I had posted about this earlier this afternoon in the target clearance thread. The register beeped, the screen (the little one that the customer can see the price on) said "balance due 0.00" and the guy said I can't sell this until 2/27.

[quote name='bgame2']I had posted about this earlier this afternoon in the target clearance thread. The register beeped, the screen (the little one that the customer can see the price on) said "balance due 0.00" and the guy said I can't sell this until 2/27.[/QUOTE]

Oh alright thanks. Ill keep my reservation at gs

No deal at local target.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='weareattack']I tried buying one this morning, but the cash register flagged it and they wouldnt sell it to me.[/quote]

Same here, in the San Jose, CA store..

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'd rather get it cheaper than earlier. Sticking with Amazon shipped in March for $51.[/quote]

dude, you're missing the point here... Most of us already pre-ordered this game under $60, just want to get it now from B&M stores so that when the on-line order comes, return it :)

[quote name='goengland']Same here, in the San Jose, CA store..[/QUOTE]

which location? the one at curtner and oakridge didnt have any copies

[quote name='Serpentor']This kind of thing never happens in NYC :(

Even if i see a copy, most likely they won't sell it to me and they know why...[/quote]

There are TONS of stores selling it early in NYC. Refer to gamefaqs.

[quote name='erac3rx']Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you want to get Killzone 2 a few days early, stop by your nearby Target. Mine is definitely selling it (I bought one) and is down to their last 2 copies already. I'd recommend going and just trying to buy it rather than calling, since whoever gets the game out is less likely to notice its selling too early if they don't look it up on the computer first. Good luck, hope this help someone!

-erac3rx[/quote]

Errr, okay. I saw Killzone 2 at the ghetto WalMart in LA on the shelf too. This is the WalMart in the Crenshaw Plaza at Crenshaw and MLK

[quote name='Wario64']which location? the one at curtner and oakridge didnt have any copies[/QUOTE]

I checked the one on Silver Creek and they happily denied me. Might have been the one he went to.

[quote name='Wario64']which location? the one at curtner and oakridge didnt have any copies[/quote]

The Coleman store, they pulled all copies back to the back after my visit.
I was also at the Landess store and was told won't available until Friday..

Let me know if you are able to find any :)

[quote name='rpgamer92']wow don't you love it when stores do this, just don't play online[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you play online?

Anyways, I went to three Targets in my town and none of them had it.

Waste of time.

I'll wait until Amazon gets mine here on Friday.

[quote name='zewone']Why wouldn't you play online?

[/QUOTE]

that's how they catch and there's the possibility that SONY will take away your online capabilities

[quote name='themidnighter23']that's how they catch and there's the possibility that SONY will take away your online capabilities[/quote]

The servers just went up last night. Sony doesn't give a shit.

I hate when people use this stupid logic every time big games come out a couple days early.

[quote name='themidnighter23']that's how they catch and there's the possibility that SONY will take away your online capabilities[/QUOTE]

No, they won't take away your online capabilities. Stop spreading asinine rumors.

[quote name='help1']The servers just went up last night. Sony doesn't give a shit.

I hate when people use this stupid logic every time big games come out a couple days early.[/QUOTE]

then play... no need to call it stupid logic, it's fair to say getting shut down is a possibility. microsoft has done it before, there is no reason SONY wouldnt do the same

[quote name='zewone']No, they won't take away your online capabilities. Stop spreading asinine rumors.[/QUOTE]

why use the word asinine? there is no reason do be hostile

[quote name='themidnighter23']then play... no need to call it stupid logic, it's fair to say getting shut down is a possibility. microsoft has done it before, there is no reason SONY wouldnt do the same[/QUOTE]
Tell us when Microsoft has done this.
[quote name='themidnighter23']why use the word asinine? there is no reason do be hostile[/QUOTE]

It's not hostile, what you're saying is utterly foolish, and you should double check your facts before giving out bad information.

Maybe if somebody was pirating the game, but there would be no reason for them to ban you from playing online if you got the game legally, and than you could just make another profile on the PSN so it wouldn't matter. Oh well, I'll just wait till Friday, I don't want to waste my time and gas going all over town to see which stores might and might not have it.

[quote name='zewone']Tell us when Microsoft has done this.

It's not hostile, what you're saying is utterly foolish, and you should double check your facts before giving out bad information.[/QUOTE]
halo 3.

and yes, it's hostile. you're doing the same. there is no reason to use such adjectives, they simply could have said that i was spreading rumors. why dont you stop being holier than though and get your head out of your butt

Brother just called me saying our local Target has Killzone 2 out on shelves.. asked my brother to see if they would sell it to him, so I could play a little before my Amazon shipment.. they rang it up, and it said not to sell till 2/27 or something. Sall good.. Friday ain't too far away !

[quote name='themidnighter23']halo 3.

and yes, it's hostile. you're doing the same. there is no reason to use such adjectives, they simply could have said that i was spreading rumors. why dont you stop being holier than though and get your head out of your butt[/QUOTE]

No need to be hostile.

And no, they didn't do it for Halo 3.

I know because I played it a week early and I would run into Bungie employees in matchmaking.

So please, get your head out of your ass.

[quote name='themidnighter23']that's how they catch and there's the possibility that SONY will take away your online capabilities[/quote]

Thats the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Microsoft did that to SOME people who played Halo 3 early, but thats because they were playing bootleged copies, you can't pirate PS3 games...yet.

man fuck you guys. all you had to do was correct me in a cordial manner but all you stupid fucks do is name call and call people retarded. go fuck yourselves.

im sorry, i was wrong but there is no fuckin reason for you stupid douchebags to jump on a person for being incorrect.

i hope your self esteem is high now. must feel good about yourself for showing up someone on the internet. you guys are awesome

[quote name='themidnighter23']man fuck you guys. all you had to do was correct me in a cordial manner but all you stupid fucks do is name call and call people retarded. go fuck yourselves.

im sorry, i was wrong but there is no fuckin reason for you stupid douchebags to jump on a person for being incorrect.

i hope your self esteem is high now. must feel good about yourself for showing up someone on the internet. you guys are awesome[/QUOTE]

1188379378449.gif

i'm gonna have to go with zewone here, that was asinine. The man is not out to get you. You won't get banned for having UK/JP psn accounts, you won't get banned for playing this game two days before release because target sold it to you fair and square.

anyways, has anyone else gotten a copy beside the OP?

[quote name='themidnighter23']man fuck you guys. all you had to do was correct me in a cordial manner but all you stupid fucks do is name call and call people retarded. go fuck yourselves.

i hope your self esteem is high now. must feel good about yourself for showing up someone on the internet. you guys are awesome[/QUOTE]

If you would quit being wrong people wouldn't need to tell you you're wrong. ;)

[quote name='zewone']No need to be hostile.

And no, they didn't do it for Halo 3.

I know because I played it a week early and I would run into Bungie employees in matchmaking.

So please, get your head out of your ass.[/QUOTE]

100% correct. halo 3 "bans" were idiot pirates that played a closed beta release. if it's a retail game, you can play it whenever you want. even if it's a month/week/3 days early.

example: i'm playing the asian release of ninja blade for 360 on live right now. it doesn't come out until a month from now in america. makes no difference, i do this all the time.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'd rather get it cheaper than earlier. Sticking with Amazon shipped in March for $51.[/quote]

They should have release-date delivery now... though not sure what the conditions are for that. Since I'm Prime, I think I get it for free.

I can confirm Killzone 2 at Target in Highland Village, TX. They had like 5 or 6 but no way I am spending $60 + tax on this game. I wait 2 years to get it for $30 or so. My MBA keeps me pretty busy nowadays...

jesus fuck, i already accepted that I was wrong, let it go... or is your self esteem so low that it makes you feel better to show someone is incorrect... ON THE INTERNET

bread's done
Back