Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

Anyone having the game freeze on them in multi? I can't go a single night without my system freezing and having to reboot, sometimes have to flip the switch in the back.

[quote name='gindias']I had back to back 1v8 matches today, first one was ok went 17/30 had a partner pop in for about a min, but the 2nd one I dropped after 45 deaths. Im all for a challenge but that was really messed up, and I am sure there is some little kid bragging about how he owned some old dude in KZ today. The online is really fun but they need to fix this crap or it might get shelved.[/QUOTE]

didnt they specify in that launch patch that it helped with team balancing?

been trying the sharpshooter more. It's pretty frustrating when it comes to turning. Actual aiming and moving work just fine.

It almost seems like they should have added in a 2nd analog stick somewhere for turning.

[quote name='nbballard']just finished the campaign. So much better than KZ2. Nice set pieces and some good character moments.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost done.. I think.. They made Rico cool is fuck, which was a surprise. I read some reviews that said that the story messed up the game, but I actually liked the story and I liked the characters. I wish that these reviewers would stop trying to rate the story and just rate the game. Stories don't make games fun.. games make games fun. A crappy game with a GREAT story is still a crappy game.

[quote name='Zoglog']been trying the sharpshooter more. It's pretty frustrating when it comes to turning. Actual aiming and moving work just fine.

It almost seems like they should have added in a 2nd analog stick somewhere for turning.[/QUOTE]

Seems to me in multiplayer certain people can quickly zap me when they aren't even facing me dead on which I blame the Move for. BUT the same guys... I can dive behind them and walk around them laughing as they try and figure out a way to spin around quickly.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone having the game freeze on them in multi? I can't go a single night without my system freezing and having to reboot, sometimes have to flip the switch in the back.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've had it freeze up on me at least 3x in probably 15 games or so.

i dunno bout u guys but it feels like theres lag or somethin on killzone 3
i went back to cod bo for 1 map and it feels alot smoother

Just finished the campaign.
Story wasn't bad, maybe all that hate is directed toward the anti-climatic cliffhanger of an ending, but the rest was ok. I stopped hating Rico's dumb ass after the KZ2 ending. Only thing I didn't like is how much of a pussy Narville is and how his subordinates keep telling him to fuck off while they do whatever they want anyway.

Slightly grouchy that you can't set it to Elite on the first go through. I think I'm going to work backwards through the game so I don't hit a hard level that's later on and get deterred. I honestly can't see it being too hard though.. only a few points in the campaign gave me trouble on the 2nd hardest setting my first go at it and NOTHING was like the later KZ2 levels of difficulty.

My problem is that I can almost never get into a "Warzone" match (my preferred type) in the evenings. The few times I've been home during the day, it works fine. But in the evenings, well really late night (~10, 11pm eastern) it gets to the Mission Briefing screen and just hangs. I've waited an entire 2 minutes at that screen. Sometimes I hear other people talking too.

I can back out and play an Operations (2nd favorite) or Guerrilla match (least favorite) with no problems. But that Warzone is what I feel makes KZ3 special. Team Deathmatch as a component is okay, but as a stand alone is just boring. I like Warzone over Operations as since the objectives change, you never know where people are going to be when the mode switches. Unlike in Operations where you know each team starts from the same place and thus the chokepoints can be grabbed right away. That may not be true in Warzone since the teams have had a chance to scatter.

I still dont know if/when I'll play any of the campaign.

[quote name='QiG']Just finished the campaign.
Story wasn't bad, maybe all that hate is directed toward the anti-climatic cliffhanger of an ending, but the rest was ok. I stopped hating Rico's dumb ass after the KZ2 ending. Only thing I didn't like is how much of a pussy Narville is and how his subordinates keep telling him to fuck off while they do whatever they want anyway.

Slightly grouchy that you can't set it to Elite on the first go through. I think I'm going to work backwards through the game so I don't hit a hard level that's later on and get deterred. I honestly can't see it being too hard though.. only a few points in the campaign gave me trouble on the 2nd hardest setting my first go at it and NOTHING was like the later KZ2 levels of difficulty.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why so many reviewers are acting as if the story detracts from the overall product. One reviewer was saying that the story took away from the action. Whether you like the story or not, the story doesn't hurt the game overall. Narville and Rico had some good progression through the game's story. Both were a little different by the end of the game.

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't understand why so many reviewers are acting as if the story detracts from the overall product. One reviewer was saying that the story took away from the action. Whether you like the story or not, the story doesn't hurt the game overall. Narville and Rico had some good progression through the game's story. Both were a little different by the end of the game.[/QUOTE]

Ya know.. the more I think about it as I'm going through the game in reverse on Elite mode, there's good mix of variety in the campaign.. the first few levels were a nod to KZ2, the convoy shootouts, exo mech, sneaking in the jungle, etc.. I can understand the knocks on the dialogue but everything else felt pretty balanced, the level design complimented the weapons/items that were introduced and I never felt like I was just getting into constant me vs 100 enemy shootouts (I'm looking at you GTA).

Rented from BB before I bought it. Glad I did as I just got around to playing it yesterday and I beat it the same day. Played it using the move and must admit I liked it.

I'll hold off on purchasing this one till it hits below $30. The 3D had ghosting issues for me :(.

I feel like the spawn points from here are copied from a Call of Duty release, I guess I'm not used to them but I constantly get shot in the back by enemies as soon as games start, it's pretty dumb, or I'll spawn with an enemy running right towards me.

I'm really enjoying this better than KZ2, sometimes I notice tho people get like instakill headshots on me while I am emptying on their face and either don't get a kill or get the kill but it's not a headshot, then with the shotgun I'll shoot someone, they survive, they shoot me, same exact gun, i die in 1 shot, same with the melee system, click the stick to melee WAY before the enemy does but I get my eye sockets crushed, I chalk it up to lag but still it's annoying, good thing the game is so fun.

[quote name='hustletron']I feel like the spawn points from here are copied from a Call of Duty release, I guess I'm not used to them but I constantly get shot in the back by enemies as soon as games start, it's pretty dumb, or I'll spawn with an enemy running right towards me.

I'm really enjoying this better than KZ2, sometimes I notice tho people get like instakill headshots on me while I am emptying on their face and either don't get a kill or get the kill but it's not a headshot, then with the shotgun I'll shoot someone, they survive, they shoot me, same exact gun, i die in 1 shot, same with the melee system, click the stick to melee WAY before the enemy does but I get my eye sockets crushed, I chalk it up to lag but still it's annoying, good thing the game is so fun.[/QUOTE]

If you're playing Warzone, there's multiple spawn points that teams can capture and hold, allowing for easier spawn camping.

in warzone, you HAVE to capture the spawn points.
helps you to move around the map, and also helps your team

its prolly the most important thing to do when the game starts.

Can't one of the classes (Tactician) create additional spawn points in KZ3 (I've only played as a Engineer and Medic so far) because that's the real answer to spawn camping.. that and being in squads, where you can spawn on the squad leader. (assuming that you can still spawn on the squad leader). I feel like there not a lot of maps right now, and I also feel like the maps are forcing me to camp... I'm so used to running around in Black Ops, and now here, its like you have to traverse the map a lot slower. Its like you have to fight for control of every inch of the map. You can still run and gun but it seems like it happens to teams that are in disarray.

[quote name='Darknyss']I wouldn't count on any more Operations maps. GG says it's "unlikely". :cry:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/30975661#30975661[/QUOTE]

The question and answer are both open ended. The poster asks specifically about DLC maps for Operations.

Here's hoping that they at least adapt more maps already on the disc to function within the Operations gametype...I literally see no reason why they couldn't do this.

I found a trophy glitch (kinda).

I was working my way through the chapters backwards, I started from the end and then when I had the first two chapters left, I started on one and let it lead into chapter two so that the last stage I had to complete for the Elite campaign trophy was Broken Highway...

.. only about 30 seconds into the Broken Highway, where the two carrier/mech/thingies were fighting, the trophy popped up. I quit out to the level select screen and the stage had marked itself complete at :29 seconds and with the elite ribbon. SCORE!

2 more trophies (the secret MP jetpack one, and the completist MAWLR one) for plat and a few of the DLC ones for 100%

Patch 1.04 ...
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-03-03_patch-1-04-announcement.html

CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY

Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
Performance – Improvements to party creation server load
Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
Menu - Single click squad invite
Menu - Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn’t spawned if he’s still pressing buttons
Security - Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes
BUG FIXES

Stability – Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
Stability – Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps
Gameplay - Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
Gameplay - The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
Gameplay - Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
Gameplay - Global - Medic’s Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
Gameplay - Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
Gameplay – Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
Gameplay – Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries
Functionality – Disc eject now handled more gracefully
Trophies - DLC 1 ‘Little Big Weapons’ Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2
Clan functionality – Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone.
Menu - Find game – Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
Menu - Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
Menu – Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
Menu - Spawn-screen – Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
Menu - Accolades do now show subsequently
Menu - When receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a warning that the player will leave his current game.
Menu - Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
Menu - The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
Menu – Fix for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the message ‘You cannot join a play that is not in a game.’
Menu - Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
Menu – Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
Menu – Fix for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC game without the required DLC content installed reading better
Menu - Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']LOVE the changes they do on the game! :) GG owns.

As for "no new maps for operation" Please, thatd be such a dumb ass move.[/QUOTE]

Operations is one of the greatest modes ever... although when I play, I feel like I'm not really having an effect on the outcome of the mission. But that's just because I don't know what the hell I'm doing... but I'll learn... I'll learn...

I absolutely hated 2 the fact you could change your control options was a breath of fresh air. and I am really liking the MP this time around as well.

I really wish they would have retro-ed Radec Academy rather than Blood Gracht.

Only trophy I need for plat is the "Now I see You" - get a cloaked kill in MP one... kinda silly since everytime the weapon fires the cloak disappears until you level that class up. Can I get it with a melee before then?

[quote name='QiG']I really wish they would have retro-ed Radec Academy rather than Blood Gracht.

Only trophy I need for plat is the "Now I see You" - get a cloaked kill in MP one... kinda silly since everytime the weapon fires the cloak disappears until you level that class up. Can I get it with a melee before then?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's how I got that trophy.

[quote name='QiG']I really wish they would have retro-ed Radec Academy rather than Blood Gracht.

Only trophy I need for plat is the "Now I see You" - get a cloaked kill in MP one... kinda silly since everytime the weapon fires the cloak disappears until you level that class up. Can I get it with a melee before then?[/QUOTE]
That's the only way to get it is melee while cloaked

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']That's the only way to get it is melee while cloaked[/QUOTE]

Nope, I got it using the VC32-SR.

I'm glad they removed the collision problem with mortally wounded players. That would really piss me the fuck off especially in Operations while I'm going for the objective.

got an unused Amazon 3-point code.

Free to anyone that's got a post within the last 2 pages- PM me.

Edit - gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']got an unused Amazon 3-point code.

Free to anyone that's got a post within the last 2 pages- PM me.[/QUOTE]
pm sent

Beat the campaign last night. Great, fun and varied first 3/4, terrible, drawn out and seemingly never ending last 1/4 with a terrible, terrible ending.

[quote name='peloquin17']in warzone, you HAVE to capture the spawn points.
helps you to move around the map, and also helps your team

its prolly the most important thing to do when the game starts.[/QUOTE]

It's the most important thing in every game type IMO, but not many people go for them. I guess everyone's still adjusting to the game right now.

I'm getting sick of people just choosing all the big maps that are great for snipers. I don't know if anyone's been having that problem, but it gets so annoying when everyone's sitting still sniping. I hope all these sniper noobs go back to their CoD so the game can actually be played the right way =/. I just finished playing a game of Operations (the one w/ multiple game types, I think?) and there were only 3 people on my team actually going for the objectives. Everyone else was just sitting back sniping and I still got #2 in that game using the Engineer class.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']got an unused Amazon 3-point code.

Free to anyone that's got a post within the last 2 pages- PM me.

Edit - gone.[/QUOTE]

good way to do it.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It's the most important thing in every game type IMO, but not many people go for them. I guess everyone's still adjusting to the game right now.

I'm getting sick of people just choosing all the big maps that are great for snipers. I don't know if anyone's been having that problem, but it gets so annoying when everyone's sitting still sniping. I hope all these sniper noobs go back to their CoD so the game can actually be played the right way =/. I just finished playing a game of Operations (the one w/ multiple game types, I think?) and there were only 3 people on my team actually going for the objectives. Everyone else was just sitting back sniping and I still got #2 in that game using the Engineer class.[/QUOTE]

I agree with so much of this. If your team doesn't capture and control spawns then you're most likely looking at a 0-7 or 1-6 round. If I was a better defensive player I would probably go with the tactician more often but I find myself having the most success with the medic (the first and really only class I've built up... but honestly prob not a coincidence). Ran into a crap load of snipers camping on the ship stairs of snowdrift last night but they were so wrapped up in trying to pick up people running out of the spawn point that we completely overwhelmed them in all objectives and I think even I had over 9000!!! points in that round (for reference, my K/D ratio is a pathetic .6 or so).

[quote name='QiG'] If I was a better defensive player I would probably go with the tactician more often but I find myself having the most success with the medic (the first and really only class I've built up... but honestly prob not a coincidence).[/QUOTE]

Interesting that you say you're not a good defensive player but you've chosen medic as your primary class. It would seem to me that if you wanted to play offense, you'd go for Infiltrator. They are the best at setting charges, etc., and sneaking up from behind and meleeing folks is extra satisfying. It's weird. I wouldnt call myself 'good' my anyone's measure, but I find myself able to score really high in Guerilla Warfare by playing Infiltrator. It's pretty easy to sneak up on the snipers.

Here's a question though, I seem to remember seeing where it broke down your stats by match types but now I cant find it. I dont remember if this was in the beta or full retail. If anyone knows how to get to these stats or knows if it's been fully removed please let me know. T.I.A..

[quote name='hostyl1']sneaking up from behind and meleeing folks is extra satisfying. [/QUOTE]

Getting back up after they've already killed you and then meleeing them is so much better. Also having fully stocked ammo is a plus for setting new traps.

[quote name='hostyl1']Interesting that you say you're not a good defensive player but you've chosen medic as your primary class. It would seem to me that if you wanted to play offense, you'd go for Infiltrator. They are the best at setting charges, etc., and sneaking up from behind and meleeing folks is extra satisfying. It's weird. I wouldnt call myself 'good' my anyone's measure, but I find myself able to score really high in Guerilla Warfare by playing Infiltrator. It's pretty easy to sneak up on the snipers.

Here's a question though, I seem to remember seeing where it broke down your stats by match types but now I cant find it. I dont remember if this was in the beta or full retail. If anyone knows how to get to these stats or knows if it's been fully removed please let me know. T.I.A..[/QUOTE]

Touche, but let me clarify that when I say defensive, I mean able to fend off enemies while capturing the spawns.

And NOTHING more satisfying than going to take out a sniper and scoring a brutal melee because they never see you coming... OR using the triage++ ability to rise from the dead and get them because they didn't finish you off.

Killzone.com has plenty of stats if you sign in with your PSN id. I'm not sure that they break it down by game type but they get as detailed as tracking kills with each weapon and one step further kills with each weapon as each class. Dunno if it helps, but fun to check out.

Yay!

5510338486_c23a70aece_z.jpg

Elite wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. In my opinion, it's actually easier than KZ2 was on Veteran.

The toughest trophy to get was the Completist mainly because of the length of the section. Pretty easy plat overall though.

[quote name='Darknyss']Yay!

Elite wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. In my opinion, it's actually easier than KZ2 was on Veteran.

The toughest trophy to get was the Completist mainly because of the length of the section. Pretty easy plat overall though.[/QUOTE]
Very nice!:applause:

[quote name='Darknyss']Yay!

The toughest trophy to get was the Completist mainly because of the length of the section. Pretty easy plat overall though.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's the only thing I'm disappointed in about Killzone 3.. they made the trophies way too easy to obtain especially the platinum.. Killzone 2 Plat is known to be one of the hardest to get. And you've got noobs platinuming this the first and second week it comes out with this one

bread's done
Back