Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

I'll pay $$$ if anyone gets an extra or doesn't want it. I'm not a plus member and completely forgot to try to look into this.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']Well just did the download on PS Store.. Went to the Killzone website and they are also doing a random selection of 300 people from Twitter... I despise Twitter.. never had an account but .. made one just now to try my luck at getting picked.

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2010-10-19_kz3-beta-twitter-giveaway.html[/QUOTE]

im with you on that i hate twitter and all it stands for but because so many contests are done on it, including here on cag, its tempting to join up but i still say no.

I also refuse to join twitter. Let us know your impressions on the beta guys. I never get invited to any of these betas. I wish they'd consider platinums, hours played, and dlc bought.

[quote name='Invin']I also refuse to join twitter. Let us know your impressions on the beta guys. I never get invited to any of these betas. I wish they'd consider platinums, hours played, and dlc bought.[/QUOTE]
No shit right? I bought the game full priced when it came out.. (prior to knowing about CAG) haha.. bought every DLC full price.. not waited months till they don't sell much and they do a bundle for half the price.. I have Platinumed the game with every DLC trophy.. I have top rank on multiplayer with everything... I to this day still play it .. love the game..

That should be a definite consideration in giving out Betas .. true fans true players..

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']No shit right? I bought the game full priced when it came out.. (prior to knowing about CAG) haha.. bought every DLC full price.. not waited months till they don't sell much and they do a bundle for half the price.. I have Platinumed the game with every DLC trophy.. I have top rank on multiplayer with everything... I to this day still play it .. love the game..

That should be a definite consideration in giving out Betas .. true fans true players..[/QUOTE]

Instead of just people who pay for PS+ and are quck to download the theme. Money gets you everything I guess...

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Instead of just people who pay for PS+ and are quck to download the theme. Money gets you everything I guess...[/QUOTE]
Exactly...another good point.. Their not really promoting the game or Killzone franchise.. rather boosting sales for PS (like they need it) and cross advertising for Twitter.. I hate Twitter and I'll never use PS plus but I succumbed and bought the three month version.. and as much as it killed me.. made a Twitter account.. so I hope to get my DLC code for Beta

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']No shit right? I bought the game full priced when it came out.. (prior to knowing about CAG) haha.. bought every DLC full price.. not waited months till they don't sell much and they do a bundle for half the price.. I have Platinumed the game with every DLC trophy.. I have top rank on multiplayer with everything... I to this day still play it .. love the game..

That should be a definite consideration in giving out Betas .. true fans true players..[/QUOTE]

this is exactly how betas should be done. give them to the players that actually care about your game. no offense to malik, but he got an invite and didnt even know the freaking game was coming out soon. c'mon.

knowing you have the platinum in a game and it could possibly get you into a beta down the line, makes reaching for that trophy a little more rewarding. plus if the dev stated like 3 months prior, only people who have the platinum will get a chance for the beta, kz2 server activity would probably rise as well.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I want this game but it seems like people with the move and 3d will have an unfair advantage.[/QUOTE]

3D as an advantage? Seriously? You probably didn't know, but there are filter options for the Playstation Move. It's designed to find only Move matches, but I believe it works the opposite way too. I don't see how much of an advantage they'll have anyway considering the game is primarily built with the dualshock in mind, not the move...

[quote name='8bitArtist']this is exactly how betas should be done. give them to the players that actually care about your game. no offense to malik, but he got an invite and didnt even know the freaking game was coming out soon. c'mon.

knowing you have the platinum in a game and it could possibly get you into a beta down the line, makes reaching for that trophy a little more rewarding. plus if the dev stated like 3 months prior, only people who have the platinum will get a chance for the beta, kz2 server activity would probably rise as well.[/QUOTE]

or maybe they are targeting people that wouldnt normally buy the game. If they know you have platinumed the last 2 games and you play online constantly what's in it for them to waste time on you when you will most likely buy the new game day one either way?

[quote name='Malik112099']or maybe they are targeting people that wouldnt normally buy the game. If they know you have platinumed the last 2 games and you play online constantly what's in it for them to waste time on you when you will most likely buy the new game day one either way?[/QUOTE]

To make sure the game works properly? that's the primary goal of betas, not to sell the game (that's what demos are for). I imagine experienced KZ2 players would know if it plays correctly and what needs to be improved, etc.. more than some random person who received an invite.

To me, they just send it to random users who use PSN in general alot. Purchasing/playing etc. Also maybe GAP membership had an effect since I was a GAP member.

Im surprised this Beta is more open then KZ2 was. KZ2 beta was mostly for SCEE beta testers or some small amount. This one is bigger and easier to get into. I got a random invite plus the one Im getting from PSN+ theme.

Last time I had to gameshare my bud's account to DL KZ2 beta from his profile.

[quote name='ssjmichael']To make sure the game works properly? that's the primary goal of betas, not to sell the game (that's what demos are for). I imagine experienced KZ2 players would know if it plays correctly and what needs to be improved, etc.. more than some random person who received an invite.[/QUOTE]

that could also be a way to get a fresh perspective on the way the game plays instead of someone who is used to the gameplay mechanics of previous games in the series

[quote name='skiizim']I d/l the theme around 6:30-7:30pm pst on the 19th, are people still getting the invite email?[/QUOTE]
The invites that have already gone out weren't for downloading the theme. They were for (randomly?) selected PSN users that could download and play immediately.

The PS+ "theme" beta doesn't start until 10/25 so I would assume they'll email codes right before then.

[quote name='Malik112099']or maybe they are targeting people that wouldnt normally buy the game. If they know you have platinumed the last 2 games and you play online constantly what's in it for them to waste time on you when you will most likely buy the new game day one either way?[/QUOTE]

yeah a beta isnt there to make that accomplishment, thats what a demo is for as ssj stated. its there to thoroughly test out the game and report back to them with unbalanced gameplay aspects and bugs/glitches.

what fresh perspective are you or anyone new to the game going to input that they havent already heard. guerilla games know what they are doing and know how to make a game.

whats in it for them is almost an 100% guarantee that youll play the game a ton and be a productive member of the beta team and report things on their forums. if someone gets a beta invite that never/barely played kz2, theres a chance theyll use the code, play 1 game, hate it, then never play again. thats a wasted beta invite when someone with the platinum could have used it. they did nothing to help the devs find bugs to make the final product the best it can be.

[quote name='8bitArtist']yeah a beta isnt there to make that accomplishment, thats what a demo is for as ssj stated. its there to thoroughly test out the game and report back to them with unbalanced gameplay aspects and bugs/glitches.

what fresh perspective are you or anyone new to the game going to input that they havent already heard. guerilla games know what they are doing and know how to make a game.

whats in it for them is almost an 100% guarantee that youll play the game a ton and be a productive member of the beta team and report things on their forums. if someone gets a beta invite that never/barely played kz2, theres a chance theyll use the code, play 1 game, hate it, then never play again. thats a wasted beta invite when someone with the platinum could have used it. they did nothing to help the devs find bugs to make the final product the best it can be.[/QUOTE]
If this was Facebook I'd click like.. haha

So sunday night.. still no email from Playstation with my beta code... FOCK PLAYSTATION And GORILLA for giving this out to random shitheads who don't even know what the game is!

[quote name='8bitArtist']$62 for a beta? good god people just wait for the game! hahahaha[/QUOTE]
yea and it's not even done yet.. I mean I'll admit it'll be tight to learn the maps for 4 months while others can't.. then when everyone jumps on your crushing them from every hidden spot you've found. But I'm not paying the full price of the game just to play it early..

[quote name='8bitArtist']i was in the u2 closed beta and demo and was level 50 each time. when that game finally came out, i DESTROYED. it was awesome.[/QUOTE]
yea it'll be stupid to buy one now.. just like around christmas.. and the hot gift goes on ebay.. first ones go for high.. then it gets flooded with others after everyone gets their code and those who don't want it try to sell it then the price goes down.. supply and demand haha supply goes up demand decreases

[quote name='8bitArtist']i was in the u2 closed beta and demo and was level 50 each time. when that game finally came out, i DESTROYED. it was awesome.[/QUOTE]

same here never got to level 50 though but the extra time i got to play it definelty gave me an advantage. if i can find it new cheap i may pick up kz2 i thought the demo was fun but too many other games came up.

[quote name='lokizz']same here never got to level 50 though but the extra time i got to play it definelty gave me an advantage. if i can find it new cheap i may pick up kz2 i thought the demo was fun but too many other games came up.[/QUOTE]
They had killzone 2 in the blockbuster clearance thread listed at $9.99 I think.. Awesome ass game man, if you don't get it there check craigslist in your area or ebay you can find a good deal if you look

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']OOOOOOOOK So I'm on the east coast it's officially monday haha who got emails for Beta invites??[/QUOTE]

Try to be more excited, at least act like you want to be in the beta. :rofl:

Killzone 2 was my first .. first person shooter ever played.. love the game and it's ruined me from then on.. Went on to Bioshock, Resistance 1&2, Call of Duty, Borderlands..etc. I've had this preordered since it was first listed on Amazon haha

[quote name='8bitArtist']1st FPS ever? damn man, you must be a youngin' ha[/QUOTE]
actually no haha I've been playing Video games since the Atari 2600 was out... Just always hated the perspective that first person shooters played in. Made me sick haha not literally but spinning around and all, was always used to the 2d games where you can see and control the character. But once I played that one I was hooked

im a plus member and nope no invite. well i guess i need to post a correction i just got my kz3 beta invite in the mail and im dling it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sir-fly']i am a plus member and i got my invite.. ill trade it for something just pm me[/QUOTE]
This guy drives a hard bargain... anyone wanna loan me the extra $5 he wants in addition to what I offered? haha

bread's done
Back